I'm trying to name the most popular artist and album with each decade from the 50s to the 2010s til now

I'm trying to name the most popular artist and album with each decade from the 50s to the 2010s til now

i think im close? i have no idea

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

2010s should be taylor swift

2000s feels like it should be someone else but I can't think of who. Maybe Britney Spears?

Arctic Monkeys

70s should be Led Zeppelin and you know it

Seconding this

Better choices: Eminem, Britney Spears, Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Kanye West, Fall out Boy, Lil Wayne, and a lot of others who were more popular than Daft Punk.

2000s should be Eminem, 2010s should be Adele

Do you actually think Arctic monkeys are The Beatles or Michael Jackson or Elvis of their decade?

this

50's Elvis Presley
60's The Beatles
70's The Beatles
80's Michael Jackson
90's Madonna
2000's Drake
2010's Drake

Drake run started with "Best I ever Had" in 2009, its 7 years. GOAT.

looks the
2020's and
2030's belongs to Drake too.

>Nirvana

There's about 8 other albums in the 90s that sold more

I don't know, DSOTM is the second best selling album of all time after all.

the beatles didn't make an album in the 70's though.

>Let it be

doesn't count, was recorded much earlier.

I'd probably go with Led Zeppelin desu

>2000's Drake
>2010's Drake
Are you daft? 10's probably belong to Adele, 00's Beyonce.

I think Daft Punk is fair because they really shaped he sound of that decade.

No they didn't. Compare that to Eminem who was in the early 2000s the spearhead of Dre's label with Hiphop becoming this massive mainstream force.

Electronic music has only this decade become a force like this.

Change Discovery to Marshall Mathers LP. Hip hop was much more popular in the 2000s and Eminem was to it in the early 2000s what Nirvana was to rock/grunge in the early 90s.

Change MBDTF to 21. Not only is it by far the best selling album of the 2010s or anything released post 2000s, a lot of the more mainstream critics love her, too.

MBDTF is more the Kid A to the 2010s rather than the big popular artist.

kanye west has sold more than adele and shapes the culture, twisted fantasy is the sgt pepper of hip hop/rap

>Electronic music has only this decade become a force like this.
I can remember being alive then and electronic music was everywhere

if that analogy is the case, its still not as good and heavily overrated

Not in europe,we dont give a shit

ITT NOBODY WHO KNOWS SHIT ABOUT MUSIC

HERE'S HOW IT GOES

50'S = STOCKHAUSEN
60'S = BRIAN WILSON AND/OR JOHN LENNON
70'S = BRIAN ENO
80'S = GLENN BRANCA AND/OR DAVID BYRNE
90'S = KEVIN SHIELDS AND/OR RICHARD D. JAMES
00'S = NOAH LENNOX AND/OR ARIEL PINK
10'S = DANIEL LOPATIN

honestly it seems pretty good to me

>the most popular artist and album

yea and after a while really Pearl Jam sold more until Kurt died

NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE MOST POPULAR ARTISTS AND ALBUMS, WHAT MATTERS ARE THE BEST AND MOST IMPORTANT

t h i s
h
i
s

Nowhere near compared to hip hop though. All the chart toppers were hip hop at the time. The fashion approach big among normies was coming from hip hop. Electronic music always had its relative mainstream audience back then whether it was Tiesto or Armin, but they weren't bigger than hip hop. Nor were they anything like the mainstream force EDM has become this decade.

False. Adele has at this point sold more than Kanye ever did. Hell, 21 on its own has sold more than most of Kanye's discography put together.

>Hell, 21 on its own has sold more than most of Kanye's discography put together.

Garth Brooks has sold more than Nirvana, I guess OP's looking for the middle point between sales and influence per decade.

Yeah, and to the mainstream Adele is to the Taylor Swifts, Lady Gagas, and Katy Perrys of the world what Nirvana was to hair metal in their time.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists
Kanye has sold more than Adele
>I guess OP's looking for the middle point between sales and influence per decade
yes