There needs to be a change in Smartphone technology

Unix was a text-driven and keyboard centric operating system. There should be research done for a smartphone OS that is touch-screen centric all across the userspace. Has anyone thought about this? We're using an OS from 45+ years ago with laggy touchscreen environments bolted on top.

Attached: htcdream.jpg (1944x2592, 1.85M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Fuchsia
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Unix was a text-driven and keyboard centric operating system.
The absolute state of Sup Forums in the year of our lord 1953+68.

Attached: 1475433314910.jpg (3504x2336, 2.44M)

My bad, it's so much more than that. Unix is the pinnacle of future OS research.

So what, you want the equivalent of the terminal for touch screen devices?

Was Trump re-elected?

What do you propose? Just because Unix wasn't designed with smartphones in mind doesn't mean it's not suitable OS for them. Android is pretty good without all the factory bloat. See LineageOS.

>1953+68
I hope it doesn't stay like this for 3 more years.

As an android dev I can tell you, these things are are not going anywhere anytime soon.
But desu you'd have to be living in a cave or be soft in the head to think there is any alternative that could replace what we have.
Like it or not, you're stuck with what there is now. Not folding screens, not glasses, not wrist band - nothing will take smartphones place.
Unless they figure out how to make tiny batteries, screens that can transform their surface into physical keyboards and get some space material to build displays that can behave like a jelly, you will be carrying that brick in your trousers for the next who knows how many years.

Look at the tv, it didn't change since it was introduced. It's still a box with predefined dimensions that displays images. How would you like it to change?

In a nutshell yeah.
It's more that we need a new OS optimized for smartphones, at the lower level. Something at least as significant as the everything is a file mentality.
I've seen Firefox OS and Tizen crumble, I realize there's nothing we can do for consumers. Like I said, this isn't a commercial motive, it would be something small stupid and simple. If my OS idea ever came real, I would probably run it on a raspberry pi touch screen.

Also, my TV doesn't crash and lag

>for smartphones at the lower level
I want you to think about this

The lower level of the Smartphone's OS architecture, what else is there to think about?

99% is the OS, and yes I'm looking at Android AND iOS

>other 1% is hardware backdoors.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Fuchsia

Here ya go

But Linux is UNIX-like.
What are you even talking about?

Do you want a new OS for mobile devices? We already have iOS and Android, the only things they use from their desktop cousins is system space code, nothing to do with user interface interaction.

Is this bait? You have my (You) because that's some retarded shit.

Learn how the CPU works and make your way up to software from there. Then you'll understand that a purely touch based UI (which is present on every smartphone already) is still text based underneath. You're asking for something that already exists but you're too much of a brainlet to know this.

You don't need an entirely new OS design specifically for smartphones. At the core it's still basic RISC hardware. Take some shit like MINIX3 and slap a reskinned version of the Web/Lune OS UI on top and you're good to go.

Attached: PSA.png (1122x1110, 89K)

This is really cool
I am saying there should be a mobile OS with a pure touchscreen system that is NOT text based in its underpinnings. Something Unix-based systems are fondly dependent on. You are really dumb, and spouting garbage you read about RISC and MINIX3 isn't helping.

FUCKING CANDYBAR GARBAGE HAS TO GO

IT ALL LOOKS THE GOD DAMN SAME

>new things should be programmed with pictures
k

phones suck ass for everything except selling your data to cloud providers. The screens are too small and your fat stubby finger is shit for entering data on that tiny screen.

When we get a better way of presenting data and entering information the devices will evolve. I am thinking something like google glass for a display and maybe some sort of projected keyboard with finger tracking for data entry with a fallback to the existing touchscreen. Something, anything will be better than what we have.

I wish things transferred over from the PDA Era with a more business focus. The netbooks and umpcs of the mid 2000 would be great with cell service and modern specs.

>Unix was a text-driven and keyboard centric operating system.
No it wasn't. Shell is not a part of a OS.

Try a blackberry.