Smartphones age at ten times the rate of people

think about it.

>1 year (10-year-old human).
it's new and full of energy. ambitious but sometimes its features are a bit "too new" and haven't really matured yet.

>2 years (20)
still young, may have peaked by now. capable of handling a lot but not quite as 'springy' as it used to be.

>3 years (30)
substantially an adult now. no longer qualifies as "new"/"young." not 'old' yet, either.

>4 years (40)
officially middle-aged. only just now starting to slow down and get out of shape. still works, just not with the "pep" of its younger self.

>5 years (50)
really beginning to slow down now. starting to get jealous of the hot young 2-year-olds running around doing all the things it used to do in its hayday.

>6 years (60)
shit is starting to break/ache. thus marks the grand opening of the downward aging spiral.

>7 years (70)
officially "old." not particularly useful anymore. all of its friends are usually dead by now.

>8 years (80)
now considered a 'seasoned veteran.'
takes a while doing normal, everyday things. forgetful as hell, nearly blind and partially deaf.

>9 years (90)
this is where they start to drop like flies.

>10 years (100)
few ever make it to this point. if they do, they've got a lot of interesting stories to tell (if they're still senile) and are fascinating just because of the insight they give to the distant past.
still, you don't want to spend more than a few hours around them at a time. it's cool for a while but gets sad really fast.

Attached: original iphone.jpg (970x647, 105K)

More like 20x the rate of people and I will agree.

mine is 4yo so 40...and it runs like a new one...
explain this

This was true up until the last year or two where there have been no significant improvements in hardware or software. Everything made since about 2015 all works the same. Newer phones are actually getting worse, with the removal of headphone jacks, more fragile glass, buggier software, and more power hungry components without bigger batteries to match. I remember a few years ago I looked forward to new mobile devices. Now they're all the same boring shit with ass ugly bezel shapes and notches. It's not even worth it anymore.

Well which phone is it asshole

This is really the same story with PCs but going back to ~2007.
When the Core 2 era really arrived that was the point where PC obsolescence wasn't really that big of an issue as a properly maintained Core 2 machine with a RAM upgrade maybe is still good enough for general tasks, your not playing current gen games or doing heavy editing stuff on it anymore but it is not outright useless for modern things compared to let's say PCs from the 90s where over a comparable 11 year period we saw a 10x~20x jump in clockspeeds alone

are thinkpads elves/dwarves?

Still running a nexus 5 you mong. Updating every year is a waste of money. Plus this phone works fine, it calls, holds my audiobooks, can scan WiFi networks and is able to browse the web. What more do you do on your phone

Not him, but same for me: opo

I never have a phone for more than two years, however I never buy flagships or expensive phones. My current phone is Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and before that I had a Moto Sup Forums for a couple of years.

I'm guessing that if I had bought the expensive new phones that were out then I'd have used the phones for much longer.

I like loli phones. Anything over 15 is too old

The government tested population controlling chemicals around 2005. 2 years later technological innovation halts, we enter a repression, and the first iPhone is released.

What it doesn't is having a battery life.

And then, having a glued down case, that requires a heat gun, to remove, along with specialized equipment to remove the battery... Is basically the equivalent of having your body welded shut.

phones age like shit
I'm poor but if I could id switch at least every two years

Or just use fdroid only apps and be stuck at 1-2 years forever

this is more because of hardware becoming better though. If you're careful with your stuff out will last long. My dad still has a fully working iPhone 4 he uses every day.

Still using my Alcatel Pop C7 (with my modified rom based on Pajeet Alean Xperia) and shit just werks like charm

You can replace the battery

How do you tell interesting stories if you're senile

You got that the wrong way round op

iphones age like crap

Mine's at 4 years yet it's still as fast as it was when new.

>Galaxy S5 4G+ SM-G901F