Are you a bat, Sup Forums ?

Are you a bat, Sup Forums ?

Attached: 140702_hi-res-logo.jpg (600x597, 41K)

Nope. i would say 95% of my music downloads are 24bit... i am hoarding about 3tb of HIRES. Its better than heroin because its free. (You) just need to know where to look and just need slightly above average hardware to experience it.

*spoiler* its the DYNAMICS....

Attached: hi res 2018.jpg (1920x1080, 259K)

yes

Depends on the time, only in the morning.

>HIRES
>not SACD rips in .dsd

Attached: Untitled-design-10-1080x630[1].png (1080x630, 459K)

>buy 329€ In-ear Hi-Res earphones
>buy 200€ DAC with Hi-Res claim
>pirate some 88kHz 24bit music
>can't hear any difference

Yes it is.

> he thinks DSD is superior to PCM....

YOU ARE WRONG (this graphic has been carefully hidden from the public for the past 20years)

Attached: 1519574096626.jpg (800x506, 76K)

>*spoiler* its the DYNAMICS....

Attached: fedoraatheisttrain.jpg (557x711, 72K)

You should know that if you take your huge and detailed file of billions of kbps and compress it to mp3, the dynamics remain the same. The dynamics are not affected by the file format

Do I need a dedicated sound card to listen HI-RES music? Also, recommend sites.

you can't actually hear the difference. you just derive satisfaction from the knowledge that it's higher quality.

>You can, on high-ohm headphones, you need amplification. Otherwise it depends on the onboard chips. If you have old budget chipsets they probably have lowend audio too, but modern mainboards come with better audio chips.

who are you quoting?

No you don't unless your PC is >10 years old, most on-board can do 24bit/192kHz. Get a USB DAC if you can't hear sound coming from your headphones without having them up to near 100% volume using the onboard.

Also remember to bypass WASAPI to get bit for bit perfect audio if using windows otherwise you're limited to 16bit/48kHz.

Attached: 2018-03-21 11_51_31-Rear Panel 3.5 mm Jack Properties.png (405x568, 12K)

Higher dynamic range with increased bit depth is nice but higher than 44 kHz sampling rate is completely and provably unnecessary unless you're doing weird nonsensical shit like slowing the audio down substantially.

that's not the reason DSD is better DSD is better because its analogue idiot.

where do you guys even download highres audio these days now what.cd is down?

i just like 48 kHz because it's a better number than 44.1 kHz desu

7tor has a shitboat (~10k albums) use the tag "TR24"

Sometimes my dog freaks out when I listen to some 24/96 vinyl rips

Why would you even listen to 24/96 vinyl rips ?

Why not?

Don't a lot of official 24 bit album releases have worse dynamic range than old CD's?

It's bloated for you, you're not like your dog user

Buying bigger HDDs does not affect my monthly budget