Prove to me that this buggy pile of shit is "better" than the stock YouTube app Sup Forums

Prove to me that this buggy pile of shit is "better" than the stock YouTube app Sup Forums

Attached: NewPipe.png (225x225, 3K)

It's not "better" than the youtube app, it does things the normal app does not. If I want to listen to something in the background or with my screen off, then I use newpipe. Shit thread desu.

No ads
Background play

Background Playback for free
Other than that it's shit

How stupid do you have to be to so massively miss the point of that app.

You don't have to like it but comparing it to stock youtube is fucking stupid.

The reasons for using it are obvious

Ugh, I renewed my YouTube red membership an hour before I found out this app existed.

lol

The dev version just works. The "stable" version is a buggy mess and cant play some videos. Go figure.

Everyone'd prefer you to think that it's not. Now fuck back off to your disgusting GAPPS and stay there

>more responsive
>play in background
>no ads
>better icon
>allegedly buggy, but never for me

i use OGyoutube and never heard of this app, what is better Sup Forums? Should i switch?

Just use Vanced you shitter

any link to download, sir?

iytbp.ga
Enjoy, there are both dark and white versions in the settings

>iytbp.ga
do I need root? & how is it different from ogyoutube?

Just look up YouTube Vanced.

You don't need root necessarily.
I don't know... It has no ads background play PiP playing and you can force another video codec or resolution if you want.

YouTube Vanced has a non-root option.

Which one is dev version? The beta in the github?

>plays on the background
Already better than the official app.

It's good for downloading a bunch of YouTube cartoons that my daughter can watch.

Just installed beta version from F-Droid, fucking thing still crashes when download location has been set to an external SD card. Reported this to them at least a half dozen times in the last year, yet still no fix.

I've been using skytube on f-droid and it's also solid.

No comments
No (((recommendations)))
No ridiculous permissions

lol

i've never used the official app, nor do i have a youtube account
newpipe plays youtube videos, that's all i want it to do

lol

lol

lol

lol

The standard youtube app does that.

If you don't want to unlock that feature, use Youtube Vanced. It has a handy Magisk module.

lol

lol

lol

Attached: 23826986-Portrait-of-a-late-20s-handsome-black-man-laughing-isolated-on-white-background-Stock-Photo (1300x866, 126K)

lol

lol

benis

NewPipe is great if you don't have a YouTube account.
Otherwise just use Vanced.
The official app is shit tho'.
If I was Google I'd ask myself a few question since there are 2 unofficial apps which are better than the official app.

>pay for YT Red to get same feature available for free on a recent alternative

I generally switch between NewPipe and SkyTube.
NewPipe: Background playback for music
SkyTube: Watch videos and check comments for memes

Background playback. The only thing I actually care about.

hacked youtube black
;)

Attached: barsinson.jpg (161x254, 7K)

Attached: 1424025936532.jpg (560x560, 65K)

>no subscription feed
>no livestream support
>search function often doesn't find all the videos
>constantly crashes

I really want to like NewPipe, but these are all dealbreaker for me.

ask for a refund X---D

>no subscription feed
I don't care about this.
>no livestream support
Don't care about this either.
It finds the video I'm looking for.
>constantly crashes
Works for me without problems.

I guess it's not for everyone.

lol

Attached: 1510874931453.gif (344x203, 3.88M)

It is Free software, surely it can't be inferior.

>not knowing this app existed years before youtube red did

you are dumb

Skytube is the superior option.

Attached: 1479420975109.png (540x400, 40K)

lol deserved it

it doesn't fucking work, phonefags eternally btfo

It's perfect app for my needs. Watching videos and playing music in the background, I don't need to read stupid comments.

lol

Attached: 1521250709526.jpg (750x537, 103K)

the only thing newpipe sucks at (because it can't play them at all) is youtube streams. other than that it is superior than the vanilla app in every way

This
I don't understand why every week JEWTOOB posts the same thread thinking gee will change there mind and keep feeding them user data and watching their ads

don't use jewtube a lot, but when i do on the phone it has to be using newpipe. got mpv for the desktop.
just can't stand the ads at all.

never had a video refuse to play for me using an LG G4

This plus easy download of both audio and video

This is probaby because you're not rooted and thus require permissions to write to SD

>having Youtube Red at all
That's where you fucked up.

lol

lol

>He pays for YouTube
Seriously why?

It's been pretty buggy lately for me. The app is amazing tho.

lol

When i say its buggy i mean it works perfectly fine but the video load up slow as fuck sometimes. It's the speed issue. I don't have this problem when playing youtube vids on firefox android

I love the app but wish it'd sync with my YouTube history and watch later.

Not FOSS. Trashed.

Lol

Just wish it had autoplay/playlist functionality.

Attached: 1521080712389.jpg (1000x952, 168K)

This. I don't follow faggot YouTubers. I don't subscribe or have an account. I use newpipe to find a video or audio and watch it or download. It does 100% of what I need with no issues.

>failed to play this stream

subscriptions can be taken care of with any RSS utility. Believe it or not, this shit still works with youtube.

olo

No live-streaming

1. No ads
2. Lightweight
3. Background playback
4. Downloads music and video
5. Open source
If you need comments, you can use SkyTube. It's basically the same, just a different UI and an inferior downloader, but has comments.

Android has become a mess when it comes to storage. Writing an app to support external storage requires a lot of time.

Why would you resort to "hacking" the official app when there's a better alternative.

>YouTube account
YouTube account is basically your gmail. What you mean is NewPipe is good if you don't use YouTube as social media, which the majority doesn't.

>no subscription feed
Yes there is. Though SkyTube does it better.
>no livestream support
It's being worked on.
I find it actually finds videos relevant to my search better than normal YouTube.
>constantly crashes
Are you on beta?

How I can import subscriptions from youtube?

It also allows you to download videos from youtube, including saving just the audio, much like you could with youtube-dl.

For now, you'd have to do it manually. The beta version can import NewPipe-compatible subscription settings, but I doubt anyone made something that would fetch subs from your account and save it as a NewPipe file.

I have an old android (4.1.2) and can't play some videos, I get an error like "java.lang.nullpointerexception"

Itube is still king.

>he had a YouTube Red membership to begin with

I can't stand the 720p bottleneck
I have to go with iYTBP

lol

what bottleneck?

NewPipe bottlenecks me into watching 720p when my device is capable of 1080p

>not using having youtube red from google play music subscription
>going on some Reddit tier "lol" chain
the absolute state of new Sup Forums, let me guess you guys use spotify / top 100 best hip hop hits 2017 mp3 rips in glorious 128kbps for your music

Attached: 1515235400758.jpg (1280x1254, 529K)

>Youtube Red
>Google play music
>Spotify
Don't use any of those. Giving Google money is one of the stupidest fucking things you can do with it these days.

This

Either your device is broken, or a DRM app or a DRM function of your ISP is blocking you. It works fine on all devices I've tested it on. What device are you using?

Okay, never mind, my bad, I aways looked at the download version and was thinking of the fact that there is no sound on the 1080p option

There's no sound because that's how YouTube works now. Sound is in a separate stream from the video. I assume NewPipe will get the option to merge the two but it would require a lot of processing power and almost all devices would simply overheat and even freeze if you put most cores into merging. Perhaps they'll add an option to watch downloaded 1080p videos while also playing the necessary sound file in the background. This would still mean that all other media players without this feature would be unable to play the file with audio.

>forgot that FLAC is still much better than Spotify/Google Play Music
kys

lol

Attached: 1521491890816.jpg (675x450, 59K)

lol

lol

>install newpipe
>open first video
>crashes
thanks for the meme

lol

lol