LED lights you can't turn off

>LED lights you can't turn off

How do you block annoying LED on hardware so they don't blind you?

inb4jizzonthem

Attached: LED+tac.png (1000x750, 1.36M)

Other urls found in this thread:

lightdims.com/store.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Solder remove the LED and solder a resistor where it was.

Magic marker.

put electrical tape over them

Black electrical tape

you misspelled diode

Just put masking tape over them.

Black vinyl tape. It dims the leds but you can usually still see them.

>buying hardware with leds to begin with

Attached: 1507894441179.jpg (810x1428, 99K)

Bought this some time ago and I still have some left, I ordered the Silver one but got send the black one tho, and they are a small company so they should have realized that mistake, but it werks.
lightdims.com/store.htm
>inb4 shilling
you could use black tape to fully cover the LED.

>solder a resistor
there's already a resistor on the circuit driving the LED.

you just have to replace the LED with a zener diode but be sure that they're of equivalent voltage.

most of the time just removing the LED will be enough, it's an independent circuit that only serves that purpose.

I taped a bit of cardboard over it

A small piece of aluminum foil big enough to cover or almost cover the LED. then, appropriate tape to hold it in place.

If I want to hide the light, cover it completely and use black electrician's tape, or just about any color is available these days. Blue, red, green, white. Also, there are a few different colors of painter's masking tape. I happen to have blue, black and white. Even clear scotch tape or packing tape.

If I need to dim the light, I use a piece of foil that almost covers the light, then tape that allows light to shine through it. Dark blue painter's masking tape is nearly ideal in most circumstances. I probably use that about 90% of the time.

Same protocol if you want to black out a web cam. Use foil taped in place in a way that you can lift it off the lens and fold the tape back with a small bit of sticky exposed that holds it out of the way until you're done using the camera, then let it fall back into place.

I have a few LED fans that I bought because they were good fans and cheap. But, I don't like my case all lit up, mostly. So you can find the LEDs and short the wires with a small bit of copper wire (a thin, single strand from a bit of old lamp wire, for example). LED bypassed. If you want the light back later, remove the shorting wire. Or, the LED can usually be removed entirely without too much trouble. I've about 30 LEDs in a small medicine bottle in my tool kit that I can add into 12 volt and a few 5 volt circuits when the occasion arises.

Sometimes you find a quality case fan on sale for something like $4 or so. Normally it's maybe $12 or $15, or the non-LED version is. Buy 5 of them cheap with LEDs and then disable or remove them. Profit.

woah all these replies on Sup Forums of all places and I'M the one who knows the right answer? you simply take the LED power wires out of the motherboard.

duct tape

I only had a stupidly bright led on my case so I simply unplugged it.

Multiple layers of black paint

wow so many retarded answers.
No wonder nu-Sup Forums sucks so much

Just do this

Attached: 1374529709126.jpg (600x557, 48K)

Just stop looking at them?

Attached: 1517003239319.png (186x208, 28K)

>LED power wires
It's connected to the motherboard using an internal 20-pin connector.

It's sealed and I ain't no PhD in electronic engineering.

>cardboard
Thanks for the house fire.

Pretty much.

Thanks for the virus.

>magicâ„¢

>Aluminum
Will try this.

I think the only solution is to kill myself. Thanks for the tip.

Attached: 342.png (876x503, 162K)

You should see some of the LEDS on servers and some HMIs. They can be seen from space

Take it apart and remove the led leads.

electronic enginerring is basically electrified lego. just do it

lemme guess, you're the kind of person that replaces devices before even attempting to fix it yourself?
Considering you know what it looks like when removed from that slot I'm suprised you didn't chicken out after opening your tower.
Y'know, voiding your warranty and all.

Black electrical tape.

>buying hardware with always-on leds to begin with

>quality case fan
>LED

Attached: IMG_20180321_165820.jpg (3264x2448, 2.23M)

this

dumb fuck its called desolder, and you only have to remove it to get rid of it.

You mean diode. Find one with the same voltage drop and max current, that should be enough. If the led is fed AC, like a blinking led, you may want to get a diode with the same reverse bias leakage current and breakdown voltage.

good god these posts piss me off so much

Unplug it. If it's case leds, you can unplug them easily.

>It's connected to the motherboard using an internal 20-pin connector.
Look up the datasheet and cut the led wires?

Bought these based on a recommendation here. Works very well, and the next best aesthetically pleasing solution besides manually painting over the LED, or removing/replacing them.

electrical tape

Schiit led are super fucking bright, they helped a ton.

Attached: nnQc84A.jpg (4048x3036, 2.12M)

1 one drop of super glue

Electrical tape

sandpaper if you just want to dim them

Black electrical tape.
I have it on everything

this