>End of the World
>Stand
>Superman
>shit music

you implied it

T. animal collective fan.

Then why did you mention it?

I didn't!

Because REM is a very well known band and I feel like they're a particularly awful group at the same time.

You did though, all you had to say was that they were a band that made shit music, but then you added "popular" and "mainstream" in there

Fuck I thought that was Fred Durst for a second.

The question was about whether or not they're overrated, their popularity is relevant.

Sup Forums is overrated

R.E.M. is rated exactly right. No one really cares about their later work but the first four or six albums are pretty great.

I loved Automatic for the People but I didnt like Murmur at all except for 9-9. What else should I check out?

Murmur, Reckoning, Life's Rich Pageant, Document, Green, Automatic For the People, and Monster are all great albums. Don't listen to anything after '96 though. Well, Accelerate is decent.

New Adventures in Hi-Fi, Out of Time, Green, maybe Document

Listen to Murmur again it's their best by a mile.

No, but Stipe's gone full liberal madman.

there's so much great music out that just about any band that makes it big is 'overrated'

I think REM is one of the better bands that made it, though

REM has never not been hardcore liberal. Stipe's been supporting PETA since the beginning of time.

why are maggots coming out of his nose?

Not a fan so yes I suppose

They stayed relatively true to the standard v,g,b,d.
Given that self limitation I think they're remarkably good.

Still, I often wish their experiments with strings and "exotic" instrumentations had been carried further though.

zero fucking sense made you juggalo furry fuck

fucking not at all.
public praise makes sense from chronic town-recking, but fables and lifes rich pageant are god tier as well, and document-monster was earth shattering, including the green world tour and the monster world tour. naihf is pretty damn great, and Up fares well lyrically. around the sun wasnt the best, but their worst is better than most peoples best. and still they dont get the praise they deserve

their office was made green the second they opened it, plus green grow the rushes, coyahoga, houston, when they released the green album, peter bucks interviews on shiny talky people

Good fucking question

>overrated
>Murmur and Reckoning are GOAT
This does not make sense

JUST