/wt/ Watch Thread, Basel World Edition, What Will Noob Release?

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for new people:
youtube.com/watch?v=wyl-V0mrEio

>Used watch guide:
pastebin.com/4cP1Tpri

>Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

>Previous thread:

Attached: 1249DB9A-0E36-4799-9AAB-CCECC642543C.jpg (900x900, 335K)

First for Casio>Rolex

Attached: Ayy.jpg (1280x543, 70K)

Damn straight

Attached: a158.png (1060x772, 1.64M)

>just missed the new thread.
this is equal to or superior to the tudor in every way at a fifth the price, all you're missing is "muh swiss brand." i'd love to be proven wrong frankly.

Attached: watch.png (1309x891, 1.6M)

First for new windys

Attached: E00BA163-EDE4-43D6-A827-E4EE00CF220D.jpg (1986x1242, 400K)

>their logo sucks which is frankly unacceptable at such a price point.
the new one is hot garbage but the old one in that pic doesn't bother me, there's plenty floating around

Lol

Bait harder

MN strap is pretty comfy. I gotta say it's better than any nato I've tried (though there haven't been many). To the user who was thinking of getting one, you should probably do it if you like the look. I still think it's slightly overpriced but comfy.
Which homos is that?

Attached: IMG_20180321_165820__01.jpg (3456x3672, 2.97M)

What is Noob putting out?

I’m not baiting. I’m legitimately curious if someone can justify a mechanically inferior watch being so much more expensive.

>this is equal to or superior to the tudor in every way

Attached: girls_laughing.jpg (398x241, 28K)

Orion

Weeks ago was dreaming Tudor would make a midsize Black Bay. Now I have competition as to if I am getting a Tudor or a Grand Seiko as my first high end watch.

Attached: TUDOR-Black-Bay-fifty-Eight-hero.jpg (2880x1620, 211K)

Anyone in the US (I'm in CO) ordered from WatchGecko? They're don't provide tracking with their free shipping and I'm wondering how long it took for anyone else.

Attached: 14girl.jpg (800x600, 133K)

Nomos Orion 38 1989

#
So you’re not just pretending to be retarded, you actually are?

Shouldn’t you be telling us that you come from a place of ignorance and do not understand why Tudor is better rather than both proclaiming another watch a superior and that you don’t know why at the same time?

Explain to me how a watch with worse lume, an aluminum bezel, mismatched hands and your indicators, is stupidly thicc, and clearly only costs $3k to hire pop stars and sportsboi is better than the other watch? If you don’t have any actual reasons don’t bother replying

Picked up a cheap hamilton fontainebleau from a friend. Keeps pretty decent time - this picture is cherry picked-up but keeping very good time, +0 to +11 in six positions at full wind (since it's an auto mostly focused on full wind).

Attached: 20180320_003745-4032x3024.jpg (4032x3024, 1.73M)

anyone know of a chink smartwatch with an 18mm lug width?

Let me get this straight, you’re now proclaiming that you do know a lot about this watch it’s technical merits and why does better?

Why it is better

>Tudor or a Grand Seiko as my first high-end watch
I'm in the same boat.
If Tudor had done a less derivative GMT with bi-color bezel, I would've gone Tudor.
Now I'm pretty sure it's going to be a GS.

No way I'm buying a black watch with gilt details though.
Maybe next year when they do a steel version of the new smaller Black Bay.

Attached: SRP495K1-2.jpg (450x600, 158K)

The absolute state of trolling on /wt/

>I can’t defend my purchase so I’m just going to shitpost loudly and hope no one notices I have no arguments
I’m not trying to start a brand war, I asked a question and so far you haven’t offered a single reason but just keep waiting out the post timer to post stupid reaction images and claim I’m trolling. People like you shouldn’t post here.

It's nothing to do with "swiss brand" or not. You get what you pay for with CW. They use noticeably cheaper materials and finishing, an inferior movement, are less reliable and frankly simply look worse in the opinion of most people.

They are the kind of brand someone buys when they get their first real wage and know nothing about watches.

Not him, but fuck off with (You)r transparent bait. 0/10.

Attached: b4a.jpg (619x619, 38K)

Can you hear your watch ticking while sitting still? Can other people near you hear it?

There is no brand war possible between DW and Tudor any more than there is between Kia and Bentley

You are just ignorant of the differences

NASTY
VICIOUS
MAXI
PHUCKERS

No, unless I'm in a totally silent room maybe.
The only thing I have I can hear without holding to my ear is a soviet stopwatch, that shit is loud.

Women's watch

Attached: 20180321_162248.jpg (4032x3024, 3.42M)

CW not DW

Same difference though

Ah the perfect size for my soy grown wrists and would match my feminist frequency wristband as well! Thank you my gentle sir

No this is a women's watch.

Attached: bling.gif (450x462, 2.91M)

Good argument

Phuck me dead.
I want one. Just make it with the red bezel, please. I know they won't bring the rose back sadly.

Attached: OjDWgXb.png (1080x1476, 1.25M)

I'd unashamedly wear a genuine Daytona Rainbow in public
But I don't want to spend 200k on the watch

Buy the superior CW make sure to come here a lot and post pictures and continue to tell us how it’s superior to Tudor and Rolex for reasons you admittedly don’t comprehend

Please, it will amuse me

Okay so there's no difference? You can clearly compare a BMW M3 to that of a Honda civic, or a dodge viper to a ferrari, or a 2000 pickup truck to a 2018 one.there are objective points that can be measured and compared as well as subjective points. So to say you can't do the same with watches is retarded especially when most of them look alike and keep time alike.

I can, I just don’t feel like wasting the time to explain it to a rude ungrateful cunt

You can’t because you are ignorant

Even a normal Daytona is ugly and you'd wear that shit?

I wonder how many people fall for this image without realizing how they are getting tricked. I'd bet a lot, since most self described WIS are actually just clueless brand whores.

>Daytona
>Ugly

Attached: Disdain.jpg (400x465, 71K)

Heritage isn't an argument
And if they keep time per day the same having a more sophisticated possibly more expensive movement isn't an argument

That's not bad at all. Pics of the watch?

Just tried a seiko samurai. Why the fuck do they have to be so thick?
Any thin divers out there?

Now now, someone can appreciate the history and quality of the Daytona and also find it hideous.

There probably is some watch design where a rainbow element looks good. I just don't think Rolex is ever going to be the brand to make it.

Jesus fucking Christ Omega, knock it off already with this shit.

Attached: omega a shit.png (366x283, 62K)

Because making robust, shot resistant movements and cases that are also pressure resistant adds t h i c c ness.

> if they keep time per day the same having a more sophisticated movement isn't an argument
Oh, I didn’t realize, thank you for informing me

Attached: 07EA45C5-9F7C-4024-84C2-B9426753F0AE.jpg (4032x3024, 3.12M)

YOUR SHEKELS. GIVE THEM TO ME. GIVE THEM ALLLLLLL TO ME GOYIM!

Attached: 1521134686517.jpg (1170x1974, 287K)

>we invicta now

Thats one edgy watch

I really want a fresh Omega model

If that's your argument you may as well just buy some quartz fashion watch.

I don't have one right now other than zooming in on that. I'll take some tonight though. It has really nice performance for a ladies watch of that time. Need to find a 14mm strap for it though which will be a pain.

>Heritage isn't an argument
>And if they keep time per day the same having a more sophisticated possibly more expensive movement isn't an argument
Both a high end Mercedes and a Kia can cruise at the speed limit. The Kia gets better gas mileage

Thus the Kia is the more fun and a nicer car to drive and it looks better too

I'd wear it, but I prefer vintage sizes anyhow.

How long till they exhaust the Apollo Program completely and start doing special editions of the canceled Apollo 18 to 20 missions?

What's the best sub $400 watch?

Shuttle Challenger Edition when

I've lurked these threads for about a month, but have yet to post my modest and cheap collection. Most were gifts

Attached: IMG_4191.jpg (953x362, 125K)

I've seen far worse

>Speedlimit

(laughs in german)

Also:
>what is cornering, handling, fnish, AC, Soundsystem and interior space

Attached: Delta.jpg (4288x2848, 3.21M)

thanks. I really want a classic looking diver next

You have? Unlucky.

Vostok Amphibia, Orient Ray or Casio MDV-106 if you want to stay poorfag-chic.

Why the fuck are you continuing to feed obvious bait (You)s?

Only the criteria I mention count.

In watches it's:
Accuracy
Lume
sapphire crystal
ceramic bezel

Nothing else matters.

In cars it's:

Mileage
Ability to go the speed limit
having 4 seats
Glass windshield

Any watch that shares my specific hand picked set of criteria is equal, all cars that meet my set of criteria are equal

Are you dumb or something?

Argument: won

bored

meet your next car then

Attached: 1418157364953.jpg (502x600, 280K)

>(laughs in german)

What watch did Hitler wear?

Attached: tenor.gif (250x230, 916K)

thanks for the recommendations i bookmarked the orient

He probably rocked a 55mm stowa flieger type b

So /wt/ really is /fa/ lite based on this thread, fuck getting bang for your buck gotta have that brand so other turbo nerds know you’ve got $1000 in the bank. Gnarly.

>
>What is Noob putting out?
Lots of buzz around the Noob booth this year I hear

This is literally it. I've been saying it for months that 80% of posters if not more are brand whores in here. It's not like most people would even recognize the 10k dollar watch on their wrist either when some Chad with a MVMT looks cooler.

NTH subs are 11mm and change, doesn't get much thinner than that in affordable price range. Dive watches are thick, there's not a lot of ways to get around it.

I mean, inoovenmy C60 but let’s be honest m8, it ain’t no Tudor.

Attached: image.jpg (1242x1661, 2.02M)

samefag

Most historians assume it was a pocketwatch by A.Lange
We do however know what watch he gave to Eva Braun

Attached: Eva watch.jpg (1024x1001, 89K)

Oh dayum! What’s the case diameter on this slim one?

>Smartwatch
>fossil
>fossil smartwatch
>White anadigital g-shock
Please exclude the above from you collection.

>shilling british invicta

but why

Yeah. I was thinking that as well. Especially if theyre going to be autos. I guess micro rotor is a possibility but price would skyrocket

If you think $1000 is a lot for a good watch then I'm sorry for your poverty.

>he wore a pocketwatch
>as a WWI veteran
>at a time everyone else was already wearing wristwatches
Was Hitler autistic?

if it makes you feel better 3/4 of those are gifts i only wear when i see the person. The soyko is my usual go-to

He got a lot of watches as gifts and such, but he didn't really about wearing one.

I have an 80,000 dollar car and a 500,000 dollar house. 1000 is still too much for a watch just like 50 dollars for a steak is too much

What watch do you have?

Thank you for your opinion

I’m going to file it in my cabinet under “Things I don’t give the slightest fuck about” for future reference

80000 dollar is too much for a car.
Half a mil is too much for a house.
1000 bucks is just enough for a good watch.

I rent, have a 3k civic, and bought an imitation Rolex branded as BOLO for 50 dollars at a Chinese marketplace in Taiwan. Fuck off with all your white male privilege in this thread.

>unironically using phrase "white privilege"

Attached: 1521011297465.jpg (715x655, 45K)

Attached: 8C58B97E-3481-4AEC-9573-EC8E7F5E75A8.jpg (1350x1800, 739K)

best release from basel2018

Attached: EA74D999-C37A-481A-891A-280C9E7A373F.jpg (1125x1620, 741K)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHHAHHAHAHHAH

Bro

39mm, so even bitch wrists can wear it.