221 KB JPG
[/prod/ OP from 2015]

Remember to use:
>clyp.it for posting WiPs
No one gives a shit about your soundcloud, so don't post it

Stuff:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials and stuff:
pastebin.com/QXRCaVsZ

>/prod/ wiki - looking for contributors (wink, wink)
mu-sic-production.wikia.com/wiki/Sup Forumssic_Production_Wiki

/prod/ IRC is up!
To join, you can go to rizon.net/chat
Choose a nick, put #/prod/ as channel. Enter!
Or you can get a lightweight desktop client here hexchat.github.io/downloads.html

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/exf1y05l
clyp.it/aoiywst4
clyp.it/gqzotk5u
clyp.it/jgo4f1y0
clyp.it/nhucxi0z
clyp.it/djlnx54w
clyp.it/e0fioxts
clyp.it/2q501jqi
discord.gg/0wV1D4bx3265hDSu
clyp.it/c0tpd5ni
clyp.it/x0hgjcfq
clyp.it/1nutxb35
youtube.com/watch?v=SceS4553f-0
tascam.com/product/dr-40/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>▼ Settings Home
>Sup Forums - Music
>Sup Forums - Rules
>Return Catalog Bottom
>Update Auto
>This thread is archived
>Close Post Form
>Name
>Anonymous
>Options
>Post
>Comment
>Sup Forums Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
>File Choose File
>Sup Forums - Advertise
>View Announcement
>...Anonymous
>/prod/: rate those clyps editi(...)
>05/24/16(Tue)12:27:07 No.65130462
>221 KB
>221 KB JPG
>[/prod/ OP from 2015]
what is all this shit about?

OP is on GHB

does anyone happen to have a max effect that would allow me to sidechain the pitch tracking of a vocoder to a different track?

clyp.it/exf1y05l

put a couple hours more work in it, did I waste my time senpai?

clyp.it/aoiywst4

Still looking for a lounge lizard crack that works for windows. Help a nig out senpai

>clyp.it/exf1y05l
wow you are so deluded, this is fucking terrible, what about this makes you think it can contend with the thousands of excellent albums by producers that barely have a career or unknowns? Do you have any fucking shame? Putting out an album with this trash? You really think you can build a career out of this? The only good thing about this song is that there aren't any notable mixing mistakes. That's literally it. There is no interesting melody, certainly nothing that is pushing the musical conversation forward in any way at all, you are barely scratching the surface and this song has nothing to say except "hey i'm a song on a album" there is nothing else here. Please assess yourself fairly and don't make a full album thinking you are going to have a career with this level of skill, it's an insult. I am literally 20 times better then you and I am not good enough to establish a career yet, and I certainly don't have the fucking balls to make a FULL LENGTH ALBUM. If this is in any way representative of your tracklist you should take a step back, listen to your favorite artists and really understand how far you have to go. This is offensive to me.

sounds like crash bandicoot
my midi controller came w it

wow you are so deluded, this is fucking terrible, what about this makes you think it can contend with the thousands of excellent albums by producers that barely have a career or unknowns? Do you have any fucking shame? Putting out an album with this trash? You really think you can build a career out of this? The only good thing about this song is that there aren't any notable mixing mistakes. That's literally it. There is no interesting melody, certainly nothing that is pushing the musical conversation forward in any way at all, you are barely scratching the surface and this song has nothing to say except "hey i'm a song on a album" there is nothing else here. Please assess yourself fairly and don't make a full album thinking you are going to have a career with this level of skill, it's an insult. I am literally 20 times better then you and I am not good enough to establish a career yet, and I certainly don't have the fucking balls to make a FULL LENGTH ALBUM. If this is in any way representative of your tracklist you should take a step back, listen to your favorite artists and really understand how far you have to go. This is offensive to me.

>posting literallyreddit pasta 2 threads in a row
wew lad

what do you use?

hello friendos, I need some help with setting up my audio interface (win8.1, steinberg ur22)

in ableton I can set it so audio in 1 and audio in 2 work as left and right input but when I don't have ableton open windows thinks it's 2 unrelated mono ins, I want stereo tho
I didn't find any settings for this yet, any help?

posting in a ded thred m8

>octatrack filter is better than every pretty much every analog filter I've used

how is this even possible?

requesting link for your favorite free chant pack

clyp.it/gqzotk5u
>Funk, RnB
I had to record the vocals in my dining room so I had to filter and eq all the noise out of them

>clyp.it/gqzotk5u
very snazzy

what do you think /prod/ clyp.it/jgo4f1y0

(You)

SHELLEEEEY

Newbie here. This sounds good to me. How'd you do it? Is it a lot of samples put together? Please respond

There's only like 4 samples in the song: one ice cracking sample, one ice mage spell sample, one blizzard sample, and a Larry Grathwohl sample

So how'd you make the rest of it if you don't mind elaborating a bit?

Can you be more specific? I used FL12 and hella reverb + EQ for most of the tracks on the mixer

Well I'm very new to this and like I don't know how you did anything. Did you use a synth? Did you use a MIDI? How did you get the sounds

I'm actually somewhat new myself that's why I need more specifics. But for the most part, the main way I tend to start most of my tracks is by taking about a .2-3g bong rip and then find a sound within my library that sounds interesting. In this case, I think it was the machine sound that's only really prevalent without most of the other layers that are stacked on top of it. Here's a sneak of it layered over one other instrument: clyp.it/nhucxi0z

That's key for a good sound imo, good layering + EQ so everything sounds unique. Oh and I don't own any actual instruments, I just use my PC keyboard as a piano/midi (I still can't play real piano)

Thank you, I used to be a vaporwave artist but I'm trying to do more original compositions with vaporwave elements

idk what this is lads

clyp.it/djlnx54w

this is some clowns festival edm

I'm really bad at making anything "powerful" or "hard-hitting" in the electronical field

How not to be?

So i have the Behringer Xenyx 302 USB audio interface and i have the Teufel Magnum 5.1 Power Edition hooked to it. The last two weeks or so the subwoofer sometimes makes this loud popping noises and then all sound just goes off until i plug the audio interface out and back in again.
I currently have the Teufel connected to my laptop without the interface and it still plops.
So is the audio system fucked? What can i do?

What OS would be better for my PC using FL studio XP or 8,1
My PC is:
2GB RAM
2GHZ AMD 3800+ (dual core)
Im asking this because from what ive read 8.1 is optimized a lot and has a lot of new features for ASIO and etc. and I will use gamebooster and really optimize it if its worth it.

Not familiar with this piece of kit- I will look into it more, but does the Subwoofer have any 'power saving' switches? Sometimes mine (mackie) makes weird noises when the 'power save' mode engages- when the audio has been below a certain threshold for a certain amount of time. If I disengage this feature, it won't happen.

Perhaps, if yours has a similar circuit, it is malfunctioning- worth trying to turn that off it if it does.

clyp.it/e0fioxts

please give me some feedback, lads.

>clyp.it/e0fioxts
When the snare drum comes in at around 1:20 it sorta breaks the whole immersion because it sounds like a acoustic drum just dropped in there. they may very well be the right samples for this part, but I think you are better off filtering out everything that is not just totally essential. Sometimes a bunch of weak-on-their-own samples layered together will produce the ideal, robust sound. Remove what isn't essential from each sample with subtractive EQ, volume env, and filtering, and keep only what you need from the clap, or the electro snare, etc.

Getting the layering right on all the drums that occur at the same time will mean that they sound like a cohesive unit instead of a bunch of separate samples. I can tell you have a few layers there, and you are going in the right direction.

In the deadmau6 style music, the kick and the claps/snare layers occur at the same time, so they really have to accommodate each-other and a lot of thought needs to go into how you layer them.

Non Perc related comments: Your synth patches sound fine to me, but they all sound very reserved in how you are controlling their dynamics (dynamics of the filter primarily- not volume). Assuming you are going for that Deadmau5 sound, don't be afraid to open up those synths' filter cutoffs more to build to a climax in the tune, and reveal their wonderful qualities. You have the quiet parts down, but the tune, in my opinion, is missing that "Opened up on the filters" climax that you hear in a lot of this music.

Aside from that, you will risk boring the listener if you do not add some complexity in terms of one-off transition sounds, ambience / atmospheric pads and things that keep you entertained while things build and progress. One or two synths just won't hold interest for very long.

All in all, it sounds like you are on the right track.

clyp.it/2q501jqi

feedback plea

discord.gg/0wV1D4bx3265hDSu

Join our friendly discrod if you don't have IRC :)

no desu

How do I become flylo?

Started a track after a few months of doing absolutely nothing prod-wise.
Feels good desu senpai.

Hi

by not shitposting in botswanan flyfishing forums

So over the years of making music and never publishing anything, I'm starting to think about starting to go public, with an artist name, release an ep, something like that.
But the thing is I make a variety of different styles of music and I just don't know which one of these to make into 'my thing'
tell me, /prod/, how did you find your way?

I didn't

>I just don't know which one of these to make into 'my thing'
just do what you like you fucking idiot

that's precisely the point though
I like a lot of things
pham

don't make music you would listen to yourself, ever

what kind of bullshit advice is this lmfao

Look at all the producers you like, you're welcome

they made the kind of music they liked......

>you're welcome
for the laugh?

what?
You're not even making sense at this point anymore user
go to bed

Should I finish this track /prod/?

clyp.it/c0tpd5ni

btw i am not too happy about the snare but i'd fix it if i make this a full track

no they don't, I doubt anyone you like listens to their own music

epic

I'm making perfect sense

"dont make music you would listen to" is not the same as "dont listen to your own music"

dumbass lol

you're a fucking idiot t b h
this is literally the definition of shitposting
not elaborating on statements you make.

So this is why you're all trash and post shit demo's

lol

post your most recently finished track

>talks shit and doesnt post clyp in TALK SHIT POST CLYP edition of /prod/

I have never posted anything.
I just help people here and ask a question from time to time.
I'm gonna stop giving you attention now though.

Worse than youtube comments

"you can't make le dope beats like me"

lol

enough of this bullcrap, this thread is about MUSIC PRODUCTION and not fucking shitposting or giving shitposters any attention

since my initial comment got buried here it is again:
Should I finish this track /prod/?

clyp.it/c0tpd5ni

>Should I finish this track
why not? Of course you should finish it.

Can you guys stop shitposting eachother and feedback plea

this is actually really dope, btw.

/prod/ is full of shit today, I'm out.

...What a mute question, do you want feedback?

>"you can't make le dope beats like me"
lol except those posts are two people telling you to post your music and one guy saying he doesn't even post music here and just answers/asks questions

i've never seen such phoned in shitposting, you should be ashamed

very cool. your outro seems unnecessarily long though.

ya looking for feedback. sort of like a "is it even worth to put more work into this, or is it already shit"

great stuff

clyp.it/x0hgjcfq
check this out, senpai.

TALK SHIT POST CLYP YOU BITCHASS HOE

It's like 30 seconds wut

Listening

Opening synth is cool, kinda has really bad levels tho, mix it down.

The drums could be more piercing, they sound mudded down, bus compressors do this trick

This might just be my bias talking but I hate "trap" hats, I'd remove them, add tape sounding hats.

other than that, yea continue? It's short so.

By mix down I mean the velocity of the notes.

got it thanks for the feedback

Thoughts on this so far? clyp.it/1nutxb35
Also, what would you call this genre?
Synthwave?
Chill? Chillwave?

by about half way through it starts to lose me. I was expecting some new instrument or something, ya know?

Nice drums and (toms?) snares. What's the delay you use

The pads are a little overbearing, the bass sounds NICE turn it up senpai desu.

Honestly relly gud tho, def could go somewhere

sounds like progressive synthwave

Yeah, I plan on doing a break with another chord progression and whatnot.
I just want some fresh ears to give me tips and ideas because I've listened to this loop for a very long time now,
>Nice drums and (toms?) snares. What's the delay you use
It's just a retro snare.
I just used Fruity delay 2 with the time set to 1 step.
>The pads are a little overbearing
Good point, thanks. I wanted to engulf the listener into a scenario.
>the bass sounds NICE turn it up senpai desu.
Based Serum puu sh/p7nbz/0f4240dcb6.ogg
>Honestly relly gud tho, def could go somewhere
Thanks man, I got a Vaporwave inspired ep/album planned around this track.
>sounds like progressive synthwave
Cool.

does leaving audio interfaces on matter? i have one with a power cord and on/off switch for the first time and i'd like to just leave it on if that won't be bad for anything

I leave mine on. I really don't think it matters that much.

Power switches are usually for consumer comfort on small devices. It really only matters with things that suck power like amps and screens.

decent attempt to make the thread live
your contribution shall not be forgotten

Nothing too add to the others' commentaries
It's good

why do i get the feeling you're samefagging to try and get some more attention?

It's his first day here, go easy on him

youtube.com/watch?v=SceS4553f-0

how to get the bumping bassline desu

What bassline?
I barely hear any low end in this track.

you're deaf or a wubstep producer

Maybe it's my cold.
Anyway, it most likely is a bass with an attack (fast pitch automation) and sidechain to make it bounce.

Alright guys help me out here. I'm looking to start making music and I have some ideas in my head. I have a nice keyboard and I'm getting much better with FL studio's effects and controls. Next up, I need to start recording stuff.

I want to record some ambient sounds/field recordings, and I also need something to record vocals with. For ambient sounds, for example, I'd like to go near a train yard and record the sound of a train rushing by. Or rain. That type of thing.

Is there any sort of device I can get that can effectively record both vocals and ambient sort of stuff?

Thanks!

I forgot to add, I'm looking for something preferably under 200$

I need some good kontakt strings. Any torrent or at least recommendation? I'd like it to not be 200 gigs because there is always a possibility it won't work with my kontakt.

JULIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

tascam.com/product/dr-40/

also wondering