Skepta - Konichiwa

thoughts my friends?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JJJGcBGRaKo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i rly like that cover btw

As an older Brit on this board, I like to keep up with new music but I just cannot get with grime, I just don't get it.

it bumps in da whip

it's lit senpai

AOTY chip

as an album I think it does work. it has a complete concept and I could appreciate the music.

lyrically and attitude wise it dos bother me. one of the things abut rap, when they go into the tantrum part of the song that as far as I know Eminem was first to master, it shuts down completely. They may as well be singing to a brick wall (yeah! go figure)

really. when the lyrics stop telling a story the listener is shut out.

didn't like your myspace page? what are we to think?

modernity is upon us.

Can I get a pic for the gram?
I was like nah sorry man I only socialize with the CREW AND THE GANG

"real not real"

no, sorry lost me

Yeah see me on the front cover of the magazine
Winning
SHEEN

grime ain't rap fa m

beats are good, like most grime

lyrics are shit, like most grime

Who are the best lyrical Grime artists?

Pretty good but he didn't have to say "I'm gonna change the world" in every single song

Good album. The one that samples Regular John is awesome.

Probably like Kano, Ghetts, Rocks FOE, P Money.

not bad

Not as good as this manistream grime album tbqh

Try Axiom EP by Durrty Goodz, This Is the Beginning by Young Dot and of course Boy in da Corner.

It was a solid album, I enjoy his clean cut and jumpy flow and the grime production sounds like a British - American style mashup. It's great. The lyrics can be corny at times but I think he gets his message across. There are some songs that were god awful like Ladies Hit Squad. He needs to learn to be able to breakup the constant hard grime with a softer side and Ladies Hit Squad didn't exactly do that. 7.5-8/10. Looking forward to the next record.

>Yeah, see me on the front cover of the magazine
>Winning, Sheen

>And if you don't like it then fuck me
>Not literally, but fuck me

>I'm looking for a girl with an X factor
>But I don't judge like Simon does

I like the album. Definitely what grime needed. Contrary to what "real grime fans" on here say, this is definitely a 90% grime album. But it's got a American influence that will help in bridging the gap. And it seems like Skepta's starting to get known overseas too, so it's definitely working.

One thing I will say, though, and this goes to all genre, is that it's seemingly thinned stylistically. It's all bangers now. What happened to the chiller grime tracks? Back in the day there were songs like Together and Wifey Riddim but no one makes tracks like that anymore.

>He needs to learn to be able to breakup the constant hard grime with a softer side

It's complete shit every time he tries to do this because he has no variation in his flow. He should just go hard every track and make a whole record of Shutdowns cause that's all he's got.

Idk, Text Me Back was pretty great.

>Back in the day there were songs like Together and Wifey Riddim but no one makes tracks like that anymore.

Because they were shit

Only 3 good songs desu
Man, That's not me, and Shutdown

No fuck you, together was sick. Wifey riddim was shit though

youtube.com/watch?v=JJJGcBGRaKo

Fuck off Wifey Riddim is a great instrumental.

I'm sorry I'm not parochial

Thx for the laugh man.

Akala

Why is the production so sterile and boring outside of the ringer American producer?

I thought UK was like the home of EDM and crazy out there electronic music

are you stupid? They rap in literally every grime song

sounds like JoJo mate

These weirdos think there's a difference between being a rapper and being an MC, despite the fact that hip-hop artists commonly refer to themselves as both MCs and rappers, and grime artists commonly refer to themselves as both MCs and rappers.

Because he's going for an overseas audience.

He's going for the hip-hop crowd rather than the bleep crowd because the modern grime scene is more hip-hop than it is electronic music.

It may have developed from electronic music, but it's essentially become the UK's answer to hip-hop.

because you only eat what comes out of america

grime is deeply rooted in UK garage, oldschool dubstep and 2-step

don't know how you can say shit like this when most of the beats on konnichiwa go really hard

Because Skepta has literally been shit since 2006

I don't understand why America suddenly hopped on a dead scene

As far as grime albums go: It's superb because of its lack of filler. 8/10 tbhonest

Because it's not dead anymore.

Grime is very much a mainstream genre at the moment.

Skepta, Stormzy, Wiley, Chip, Bugzy Malone, etc all making money right now from grime.

It's gotten to the point where old pop stars like Tinchy Stryder have actually gone back to grime because there's more money there.

They're making money but the music is plain bad and only appeals to students and Yanks any more

London stopped caring about grime in like '07. Grime was always a time and a place as much as a sound

>London stopped caring about grime in like '07
They did but they started caring again in like '14/15.

If not grime then what the fuck is London caring about right now? It's like the quintessential British urban genre.

British rap because what the all kids are listening to sure as hell aint grime.

it was alright but had some real snoozers. won't see myself bumping this a whole lot.

at least it was better than views.