Uber self-driving accident

New footage.
Was it a software error? It looks like the car had enough time to brake, but it didn't. These vehicles shouldn't have been testing on public roads.

Attached: uber_accident.webm (636x360, 727K)

Other urls found in this thread:

darwinawards.com/slush/submit_story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Doubt a human would have done better in that situation

Holy shit

And why didn't the fat fuck even give a shit? "Oh something hit my car, no biggie"

His reaction is at the very very end

Attached: 994A797A595B43B3A4B51DDF0B45E427.jpg (576x640, 188K)

The footage is for some reason low resolution and also very dark, not representative of human vision. Clearly the camera sensor doesn't have enough range, and the footage may very well be edited to protect Uber. You'd have enough time to brake if you were paying attention. But a self-driving vehicle should always do better than a human - why didn't it detect a huge object right in front of it, which could have been a deer or anything for that matter?

The AI meme strikes again

I wonder if this is the result of sabotage. I wouldn't put it past the folks at G***le

t. brainlet that will be out of a job soon

>another retarded jaywalker gets put in the ground
You guys should be praising uber desu senpai. That aside, going 60-80 mph and then slamming the brakes would have not done much even if you saw the retarded jaywalker a couple feet in front of you.

It's pretty dark and what not but the car doesn't react nearly as fast as you'd expect. Also, the way that day bitch come out of the dark is like the car doesn't even have is headlights on or something. A person paying attention probably would've seen the woman on the side of the road back a fair way and would've been conscious of her disappearing into the dark. I dunno. Seems like their AI is shit but also like they've darkened the footage or something.

I thought self-driving cars are using LIDAR which should detect the pedestrian from far away? I doubt Uber's system is based purely on vision

>Tfw your AI Overlord starts killing the fleshies

This, the footage is from a cheap little dashcam, human vision is much better than that, and the car should have seen even better, since it has lidar. There's no excuse for the car not at least slamming on its breaks. There may not have been enough time for it to stop completely, but if it had been going 15 or 20 mph slower at the impact the woman may have lived or even walked away

Why would they do that? They want self driving cars, they don't want news that makes them look bad.

This was an uber car, maybe a mossad operative working for google sabotaged it to ensure that google/ZOG is the one who gets to market first

>the footage is from a cheap little dashcam
Not only that, it's not even raw footage that was released. Pic related, why is it surrounded by a black border? The actual video footage inside the letterbox is sub 360p - and it's what, 2018?

Attached: 1.jpg (636x360, 20K)

Looks like the software failed to detect an obstacle altogether. She shows up in sight split second before the accident, human driver wouldn't react fast enough either. Even if you were to brake immediately, you'd still hit her at fatal velocity.
>dark
Very much representative of what it looks like when you have bright beams illuminating the road with everything else being pitch black. Due to beam brightness your eyes never adapt to darkness.

t. carfag

Are those flying saucers?

G***le is like the tech equivalent of Seinfeld, taking jokes from other people and molding it into something bad. They are incapable of doing anything original. I am guessing that the recent lawsuit against Uber and this incident is sign that they have stolen what they needed and don't need the competition around anymore.

those are streetlights you mong

>Mossad
These are non state actors

t. brainlet who hasn't heard about Roger Penrose and doesn't know human intelligence is not computable

>Wearing dark and non-reflective clothing
>At night
>Is in the shadows when already half way across the road
>Headlights do not illuminate her until the car is almost upon her
>Uber 'driver' is looking down at AI screen shit when this happens
This was an accident waiting to happen.

Google works by coopting developing technology then killing off their competitors who created the technology by any means. They killed Yahoo through corporate espionage, sabotage, and by using the media to blackmail yahoo into hiring a woman as CEO. Google is part of the globalist war machine, and works with Mossad/NSA/DoE/GCHQ to control the spread of information and spread the mind virus to as many people as possible

is google above or below the lizard people?

Hi Alex Jones

There's no difference between the state and corporations anymore
Its easier to hide edits to a video if its at a low resolution, since compression artifacts and editing mistakes look similar

>jaywalks
>while staring at her phone
She had it coming.

tell me more about the mind virus, user

this is obviously the bike pusher's fault. There was no way that I would brake in that time.

However, don't self driving cars have other types of sensors that don't use light? Did they not detect anything? If so than the there is a problem with the self driving system, but seriously that jaywalker wouldve died regardless.

There are no lizard people, or aliens. There are jesters, which are beings which exist in higher dimensions which resemble clowns, and are theorized to be fallen angels. If you want to meet them n,n-dmt can take you there

You can't hide edits, basic frequency analysis reveals all of that instantly.

darwinawards.com/slush/submit_story.html

Attached: AaC8JKS.gif (500x269, 486K)

No human could stop in time. If there was a car behind you, she's dead either way since the car behind you will slam into you and same result.

She must have been doped up to not notice a speeding car coming right at her

Are you talking about the same Mossad that did 9/11?

>This was an accident waiting to happen.
The car uses LIDAR and other sensor technology to detect objects. The only accident waiting to happen was claiming this tech was production-ready when it clearly isn't. Uber had to move from California to Arizona to even be allowed to have these vehicles on the streets

Note that at the moment of accident, human driver was alert but didn't react fast enough either.

I'd say it's the fault of the city planning department. If you look at photos of the area, there is a walkway across the median, and access to the side of the road there. It looks like they intended to put in a pedestrian crossing, but decided to not do so at the last minute.

If you are on foot, it looks like a safe place to cross.

No

*Record scratch*

*Freeze frame*

Yup, that's me. You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation.

Attached: devilish.jpg (470x595, 44K)

>On the phone
>Jaywalking
>Dark clothing
>Walking a bike
>Not paying attention and looking to the right
>Lack of decent street lighting
>Uber driver not paying attention
Seriously. I doubt even AI with LIDAR and other tech could avoid this shitshow.

>walking bike across dark freeway at night like a schizophrenic living off state assistance
darwinism at work

this is valid, but self driving cars will cull the herd of brainlets

Except there is never a safe place to cross. Not unless you bypass the road entirely, by tunnel or elevated walkway.

Our brains consist of a relational memory store, i/o systems, and computation units. However, unlike a computer, all of those components are densely interlinked and there are no clear boundaries between them. There exist "mind viruses", for lack of a better term, which are essentially ways of thinking which, once introduced into one's way of thought can attach themselves to every part of the mind, by forming relations between distant parts of memory and computation units, essentially loading the virus up into working memory whenever any information even remotely related to it is brought up. They spread through word of mouth, and those which are most successful drive their host to propagate them. The most successful ones I know of are islam, feminism, neo-nazi ideology, consumerism, sexual deviancy/degeneracy, and modern art

How are driverless cars supposed to handle cyclist hand signals and other human-driver communication? Pic related is a couple of retards cycling on a highway, but even so the truck is at fault for merging into the lane at the last second

Attached: 1.webm (720x404, 1.81M)

only if there's enough data available to do any sort of analysis

You just described any man made social construct

good job retard

It's her own fault. Had she used a reflector on herself or the bike she'd been visible from such distance that the driver would've had 10+ seconds to react instead of ~1 second.

They should make it a law, that if you get hit by car without driver deliberately aiming to hit you (i.e. just driving straight) then it's your fault no matter the circumstances. There needs to be a way to legally kill of all those sub-80 iq literal retards.

don't see this dumb bitch trying to walk faster much less run when the car approaches
>these fucking village idiots who walk across major roads in town taking their sweet fucking time expecting everyone to stop on their account

it was her time

9/11 wasn't done by Mossad, that's a conspiracy theory spread to misdirect people looking into it. 9/11 occurred as the result of experiments into controlling world's course through the many alternate universes. Essentially, those seeking control on Earth tried to shift it into a separate but very very similar parallel universe in which they would have more power. One of the more noticeable differences in this other universe is the absence of the twin towers, because the world's economy had been taken over through a slightly different route there. To hide the disappearance of the towers after the switch, they were destroyed right before it

The same way you make AI recognize turn signals and brake lights.

They should make it a law, that if you get hit by car with driver not deliberately aiming to hit you (i.e. just driving straight) then it's your fault no matter the circumstances. There needs to be a way to legally kill of all those sub-80 iq literal retards.

now how does it sound

I once recall someone saying on this very forum something along the lines of "you better solve the reCaptchas accurately or a G---le car will malfunction and kill your entire family". Now that I think of it, I wouldn't put it past them to commit acts of terrorism like.

Ay mang, cut me some slack. English isn't my first language, cyкa блядь.

What if the AI was so smart that it analyzed her face, guessed her social status (or even looked it up via facial recognition), realized she was jaywalking, analyzed her movement to assume intoxication, and used all this data to make the decision to kill her?

In that case the AI is capable of killing off all these subhumans, and I commend it.

This. MGM is also associated with the SJW agenda, perhaps the Mandalay Bay shooting was an inside job too.

They should make it a law that in a crash between a car and a pedestrian or cyclist the car is always assumed to bear responsibility because the operator of a larger and more dangerous vehicle has a higher expectation of performance

Obviously it was an inside job, why else would it have disappeared from the media so quickly. One of the biggest killing sprees ever, tons of questions left unanswered, and the media forgot about it within a couple weeks

Enter insurance fraud galore extravaganza.

proof positive

Attached: can i borrow your ebt card.jpg (407x573, 78K)

There's a difference between social constructs which are tools under your control and those which control you

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
**inhales**
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not a problem at all imo, fuck insurance companies. Hopefully it will discourage driving as well, since excessive car use is killing western civilization

Inside job by the folks behind MGM, I mean. I don't think it was the government.

>she din du nuffin

Whenever I drive at night, I'm paying attention to sidewalks and shit like a fucking hawk. The operator has no excuse for this accident.

the point wasn't your writing quality (although now i see its wrong)
the point was USE YOUR SENTENCE AND APPLY IT TO NORMAL DRIVERS

sounds a lot worse now, doesn't it

What the fuck were those guys doing on the highway

Trucker was a cunt, should have seen them a mile off and changed lanes on the left.. but again what the fuck are cyclists doing on a god damn highway. They are lucky they escaped with their lives.

That's what you just don't get. There's no difference between government, major corps, media, jesters, they're all part of the same system. They are agents of satan sent to Earth to destroy God

Yeah also kill off majority of business because delivering cargo is a huge liability.

it is often enough that it is just a matter of time when the next biggest one happens.
and the news media is cancer only interested in ratings/clicks/etc. of course those fags move. can't advertise on days old news can they

>Google works by coopting developing technology then killing off their competitors who created the technology by any means
Yes, you are correct
>using the media to blackmail yahoo into hiring a woman as CEO
Wait no what the fuck

It doesn't matter how alert you are if you can't see it.

I want Alex Jones to leave this thread

If there are no surface streets in an area cyclists have a legal right to ride on a controlled access highway, as long as they stay to the right lane. They were moving over right into a newly formed right lane after the exit lane, when a truck attempted to pass them on the right in the shoulder. Legally the cyclists were 100% right, although they probably should have tried to find a different route
The media doesn't even care about money anymore though. Why would they when we are all debt slaves. The media seeks to direct your attention away from the acts of the jesters while simultaneously sucking in your psychic energy and separating you from the world spanning mental connection that is God

If G***le, A**le, and I*tel are like the three branches of government then doesn't that mean to you that they should be overthrown?

You can't hide the truth

There's no saving the world in its current form, our best course of action is accelerationism, pushing technology and insanity as far as possible in order to trigger a nuclear war to cleanse us of our sins

Your illusion/delusion of control is not technology

Attached: HE WAS JUST ABOUT TO TURN HIS LIFE AROUND.jpg (873x581, 135K)

That woman was visible from some distance away even by human vision and yet the car didn't try to brake at all. Probably just another example of Uber trying to skirt regulations and put things out when they're not ready, fucking notorious shithole company.

The person is an idiot and a human driver might not have done any better but the fact is that this self driving car is equipped with lidar and should have had no problem operating at night. The fact that it didn't see an obstacle directly in front on a straight roadway is pretty telling. Pulling all the cars off the road was probably a good move because its clear the lidar isn't seeing shit.

ayyy

Social constructs are technology, they are the oldest technology. Mind viruses are also technology, controlled by those who are immune because they are not human. Watch the eyes, you always know by their eyes

dam son

Excessive use of cars is the problem, not the few legitimate users. Delivery drivers and semi drivers are extremely good at their jobs most of the time, and run dashcams to demonstrate that they are not at fault if someone does try a scam

hawt

You're right, but the terminology you're using is fucking retarded.

If i don't want to give the media my psychic energy, what makes you think I want to give them to G*d instead?

Because you are part of God, and God is part of you. The media/jesters is like a vampire that tries to feed off of psychic energy. In order to do that they have to sever your connection to God. As long as you stay connected to God you are safe

>braindead retard walks into the middle of a street with a car coming straight towards them in the dark while wearing black clothing and not even watching the road
Natural selection, should be thanking Uber desu

I don't think that anyone is arguing the woman is at fault, but the more concerning thing is that the LIDAR didn't see her.
LIDAR doesn't use ambient light or headlights, so it literally doesn't matter if it's night or not.

The thing is, the fact that she died means an investigation will be opened to figure out why the self-driving car failed... so her death is probably more impactful and valuable than anything she would have done in life.

That's not even the proper way to signal using your hands...

Why do people like you who think we have to pick a side exist? I can be content with the misfortune of both parties involved or neither.

Dubs confirmed

How do I do that?

Many people signal a right turn or lane change with their right hand rather than with their left arm bent, since most drivers don't know bike hand signals