NEW SWANS

youtube.com/watch?v=Pa0a5WYTB9g

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Glowing-Man-Swans/dp/B01E0ZPC7Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oh hey look this is the third song off of the new album that's in the key of D.
Last album half the tracklist was in D.

I wonder if Gira's just completely fucking given up

this song is about his wife getting raped or something right? i commend her for it. and she has a nice voice.
its a fuckin A+ song

It's shit

(didn't listen btw)

but do you like the song?

It's completely mediocre.

This album's gonna get so fucking panned by P4k.

Same fucking shit as TBK

feeling like a 7, this is going to be the point where they demarcate from swans.

pfork want to cultivate a pop aesthetic

Boring af desu

No, it'll be panned because it's just the same shit. Not because of any bias you're imagining.

bretty gud. i wish that second half was longer cause its super good.

p4k is gonna pan it to hell and back cause of the rape stuff

oy vey good goy

at pitchfork we only pick the highest quality records

I like it. Its strange for them to release a song thats not very representative of what they're mainly known for but they probably couldnt release some 25min banger.

i liked it a lot actually, but i think the song's theme will not go very well after the recent accusations of rape.

and p4k will pan it for feminist cred

thats true but I am glad Gira didnt cut it. I like it a lot on The Gate back in autumn

Do you guys actually care about the score some nu-male music website is going to give to an album?
lmaoing @ ur lives

yeah, he was right no to cut it, years from now nobody will remember these accusations and the album will still be here

i always download the live fundraiser albums but i only listen to them after the studio album is out

>still this butthurt about getting wrecked in that other topic

rape

How did I get rekt? Go on, tell me.

>all this denial

But user, its in B triple Sharp.

kek

Nice explanation.

so this is the first song on the album yea ? if so, that's a mighty fine start.

nah I think its somewhere on the second disc... first track is one of the two "Clouds"

hm . I'm interested to see how the album flows.

you can check 30s excerpts here
amazon.com/Glowing-Man-Swans/dp/B01E0ZPC7Q
they're mostly pretty useless because they usually fall into some transition part of the longer songs, but the People Like Us and Finally Peace ones are ok

Nice delusion.

Fuck that sounds awesome. "The world looks red" sounds quite beautiful actually.

what is the point of this post?

I enjoyed that
Hyped af

> depression cherry: 9,3
ok user

Is jarboe dead? I loved her stuff, even her solo albums but I can't find what happened to her

She's performing in Australia in a month.

AAAaaahhhh Man these excerpts are good but I just can't the overall feeling of the whole song.
But it's probably gonna be a lot calmer than TBK i guess.

Do people still care about the Larkin stuff? The only place I ever see it mentioned is here

Gira left her out when he reactivated swans

L E A K W H E N

I'm 90% sure I saw her at a Sunn show last month, I was going to ask but couldn't find her afterwards

Is Gira gonna leak his own album again?

What city?

If p4k panned things for feminist cred they wouldn't have BNM'd Father John Misty and Ariel Pink recently

They also panned tf out of Charli XCX and she's an outspoken feminist.

it's easy to say bullshit like 'pitchfork gives albums by black artists a free ride' or 'pitchfork will pan this for feminism' if you disagree w their taste or think their writing is bad (which it often is, but uhhh maybe lemonade is just a good album to them and A LOT of people guys)

also this song is great but it does kinda sound like Bring the Sun mixed w/ The Seer Returns, I hope they do newer and more experimental things with this more melancholy/ethereal mood they're returning to

>unironically discussing and knowing about what p4k does

>mfw this track gets BNT after y'all said this

So do you nerds like it or not?

I'm incapable of making my own decisions.

This, same format and melody structure. The call and response. But nether the less still decent.

well swans aren't that popular desu so obviously outside of music nerd communities no one talks about it

Stop pretending you know shit about music because you know what keys are

God damn there's such beautiful subtlety in the instrumentation. I'm in love with that organ that comes in every so often throughout the song.

michael gira doesn't know how to play guitar, he's said a million times that he just finds open tunings and fucks with them. it doesn't make it bad

This song is incredible.

He doesn't do that, I've covered his songs. Him and Norman both use standard you pleb.

when will this meme end? do you even play any instruments?

How do I into Swans?I can't find any working dl,can someone help me?

Fucking white knights I swear to god.

stick your cock up the first hole you find

>not knowing how to pirate
>being this retarded

Just go to youtube, spotify or anything and listen to "the Seer" Skip the title-song if it's too much for you the first time, Second part of the album is also the best.
you have to like repetition and drones a lot though

Hyped as hell, not listening to this track because my ear's fucked up at the moment but man am I looking forward to this.

well you first have to lie to yourself into thinking swans is anything more than hipster hogwash

I like it, the intro kind of harkens back to World of Skin era with the blunt lyrics performed by a woman.

his wife's vocal melody is fucking really good, blends well with Gira, song is great man

also who gives a shit what pitchfork say, swans have always been a niche band until their most recent reformation, if you're an actual fan then mainstream critics shouldn't inform your opinion, form your own.

Atlanta, apparently she lives here now

Idk guys.
I thought this song was very, very boring.
Literally nothing interesting is going on and then halfway through it turns into Bring the Sun, and i don't need 2 of those

It'll get a boring 7.5ish rating. Partly because P4K loves Swans but Michael Gira is also a rapist so they'll be sweating.

Is that fucking Jarboe?

Being this defensive about anything you see on here is dumb.

Don't put so much emphasis on being angry and trying to prove that you are better than people because you don't like Swans.

tfw no Swans discussion ever again without half the thread being a about rape

Yeah, she lives in Atlanta.

it's annoying how people constantly say swans fans are irritating hipsters when every time somebody professes to enjoying the band or wanting to have a discussion about them, a wave of swans haters will be at the ready to tell you how much of a poser you are for enjoying their music.

I don't think i've ever actually seen in my life a band where the detractors are more off-putting than the hardcore fans.

I'm assuming that that's the song with his wife and that that's his wife singing, this is a known thing whatever it is but I'm too lazy to look it up to check so take this as you will

Death Grips

i thought it was really boring desu. i hope his dumb broad of a wife (who has decent taste in music) doesnt take complete charge of this whole album and make swans go out with a dud

this

I've been a Swans fan for a long time and I don't really mind nu Swans fans.

This is the only song his wife has any involvement in.

This sounds more The Seer than TBK

I like it as an intermission track. It comes after the 20min Frankie M and moves into the 29min title track. Reminds me a bit of Some Things We Do, but it does have two distinct parts unlike that song from TBK. Definitely enjoying the heavy use of choir and coral vocals over the snippets I have heard.

Wow, if this song was by....idk...some band you've never heard of, you'd all completely ignore it. Its mediocre AT BEST, predictable and conventional even....

this is a worthless criticism

There are a surprising amount of subtle nods to The Seer on this album and I love them all.

Did you listen to it? please please PLEASE tell me how this is good. The melody is so obvious its practically cringe, the accompaniment is sparse, and not in a good way. There is nothing interesting, unique, catchy, or jolting about this track. HOPEFULLY this track is barebones, hopefully the rest of the album is far better. hoepfully theres some effot put into it AT ALL

Settle down. For all intents and purposes this track is an interlude and gives you a chance to breathe between the behemoths that disc 2 is composed of. It's very necessary.

>the melody is so obvious its practically cringe
i'm not even sure what to take away from this statement, it's an obvious melody? it clearly isn't as it flirts with dissonance at around the 1:14 mark, with the drone in the background conflicting with jennifer's voice. notice the subtle details such as the gothic organ, the electric guitar picking, the drum rolls all building into a strong groove at the 3:04 mark. this is, to me at least, satisfying as jennifer's voice wasn't particularly tuneful and kind of hearkened back to jarboe's vocal tones. then the vocal hook with jennifer's "I'm ali-ii-ii-iiive" is excellent. works well off the guitar notes being played in the background and gira's chanting.

I mean you may not like it, but that's why i personally do. my point is saying that if this was made by a different band nobody would care is a silly criticism because it doesn't actually say anything about the music directly and makes assumptions about people.

not the user but stop typing and leave my board, thanks.

it is

Fair enough
The notes that the singer hits are predictable, thats how i feel, i don't know how else i can say it. The accompaniment is too detached from the vocals imo to give it the flavors you're describing.
I STILL feel like you're letting the idea that its a Swans track make you think its better than it is.

Not going to leak the record out of respect for Gira and co., but would anyone be interested in additional tastes of the album that aren't confined to 30 seconds? This album is brilliant and I feel like this single isn't really indicative of the hype it deserves. Will make a new thread if there's enough interest or if anyone has requests. If it's a bullshit thing to do and no one cares, disregard.

SWANS MAKES ME FART KAKA OUT MY KAKA BUTT

does anybody remember me from old swans threads?

jog my memory plz

i basically posted about kaka and the swans

if you're real dude can you post some of the world looks red/black?

Will do. Give me a few minutes.

Oh shit waddup. I am pretty excited. Not sure if it will be my AOTY though.

Soundtracks for the Blind, The Seer, To Be Kind. Listen in that order

female vocals are bad

why do i care about your AOTY?