Show me the path to Math

Total brainlet here. Going back to University at 34 after a live of excess.
I have around 48 credits for a software engineering degree but the pending ones are the math related. All of them.

Where to fucking begin to study? I need this. What worked for you?

Attached: b.png (254x199, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

khanacademy.org/mission/math
math.hawaii.edu/home/pdf/putnam/PolyaHowToSolveIt.pdf
functionalcs.github.io/curriculum/
st.suckless.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>>/sci/
Good luck brainlet. Same boat

Khan Academy.
Do the "world of math."
It's 6 questions at a time. 1400 topics.

It starts with early childhood math (counting items, basic addition/subtraction) and slowly progresses upward through elementary algebra, geometry, and eventually into intermediate-level math like differential equations and linear algebra.

khanacademy.org/mission/math

Thing is: pure sciences per se are outside my scope: time. There's way too much information out there now. You've been there. Let's hear what made you better.

I am gonna take a look at it. Basic is fine for me, thanks.

Read this book. Follow the instructions.

math.hawaii.edu/home/pdf/putnam/PolyaHowToSolveIt.pdf

Math is easy and fun, my favorite subject 2bh.

I dunno what kind of previous education you have or what shit you've forgotten but I guess start at algebra and go from there. As a grown ass adult it should come pretty quick. Make sure you know algebra and trig real well, some geometry probably good too, then go on into calculus, linear algebra, differential equations, and so on. It all builds and comes together.

I guess learn stats too but statistics is gay.

aAt first glance those are the kind of abstractions that one could apply to different scenarios, I think. Thank you, sir.

Agreed. What's your take on mathematical thinking. Any suggestions?

>after a live of excess
fuck off, normie

Mind to extend your point?

user i was absolute dog shit at math. i didnt pay any attention to it in highschool so i started university in the second most remedial math class there was. anyway i was in your shoes at one point and now im about to finish calc 2. im still a brainlet but the key is to just work hard. i dont recommend doing khan academy or any of that shit in your spare time because you will just end up forgetting it. unless you dont know basic algebra, i would review that. everything else you can learn while you are taking the courses.
every lesson, you have to do the homework. i learned the hard way that you will not pass classes just skimming notes and shit. you have to actually do problems. id also recommend supplementing lectures with patrickjmt videos. he is really good at explaining stuff and his videos are quick into the point.
i would also recommend only taking math classes only with highly rated professors. use ratemyprofessor for this. having a shit professor just makes it harder for a brainlet.
good luck i believe in you

Stop being a lazy fuck.
Worked for me.

actually doing problems

Attached: 1386267599843.gif (311x240, 1.28M)

functionalcs.github.io/curriculum/

eight chan /prog/res/3034.html

I passed all math units with flying colours and I dropped math in year 10 (10th grade)
What exactly is the problem? Calculus? Discrete? Cryptography?

Unironically, soroban/abacus.

Math is a philosophy of observation. Start with the greeks and do a brief skimming of Elements and realize the everything after that is just a refinement of that, memorize your times tables and real number axioms and you should be set.

Attached: acf.gif (312x250, 1.9M)

I'm in the same boat as OP, wolfram alpha can be useful for certain things.

>pull out book
>memorize important formulas and concepts
>do exercises and previous year exams with the help of wolfram alpha and youtube nerds
what is so fucking hard about studying math? there's no magic bullet pham
just the same that any other subject, gotta put in the hours

hows middle school going user?

>wolfram alpha and youtube nerds
oh boy

??? whats wrong with that??? it's very useful
especially the step by step solutions in the app versions of wolfram

Learn up to elementary linear algebra and you'll probably be okay

if you wanna be an Engineer, maybe

well maybe it doesn't work for more advanced shit but the concept is the same

you're wasting your time, it's like using Linux but with the default Ubuntu DE

I don't get your point. What should I do instead then?

You are a nice person. You give me strength. Thank you so much for the honest advice. I believe in you too, user.

Looks like Kumon online

Attached: 1521104119688.jpg (768x665, 225K)

Op here. Also agreed. I would love to be part of a math group or something though. None of my close friends like math and that really bothers me.

Gold.

st, dwm and slock. that is all st.suckless.org/

Attached: dwm-20110720.png (1680x1050, 41K)