Where will Cell Phone graphics be in 5 years? 10?

Where will Cell Phone graphics be in 5 years? 10?

Attached: Screenshot_20180321-235653_PUBG MOBILE.jpg (2220x1080, 707K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tencent.ig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i dont give a flying fuck

wait
wtf
is that a phone?
That literally looks as good as PUBG on pc on low settings.

Just like they're now: behind PC graphics by at least 10 years.

Rules of Survival if I'm not mistaken. A chinky copy of PUBG which has a PC port with terrible controls.

>good
wat

The gap has definitely closed in recent years though. COmpare 2000's games with 2000's phones, and 2005, and 2010

>you must be over 18 to post here
nigger thats a phone. Any adult looks at that and understands its spectacular for a phone.

no pubg just got ported to android this is official from bluehole

Nope, it's the official PUBG mobile.

>PUBG
kys

In 10 years

>whats a phone?

Desktop PCs have to be gone first though.

Considering it's got a lot of open world to explore, yes, it's remarkable, but a bunch of games have achieved this before, namely GTA games, though they didn't have to deal with the massive online part of things.

iPhones will be touting Ultra Retina Voxels (TM)
Sup Forums will questioning the need for it.

Attached: g on retina.png (1440x851, 97K)

Attached: F6F89917-8E10-4377-A167-2E20B5E25CDE.jpg (222x264, 38K)

Just goes to show just how much fucked up optimisation for pc is these days. Faggot devs don't care about optimisation.

>overlay controls
cludge

it's possible to play this game with a xbox controller in Android?

Fuck phones.

I'm pretty sure there are way better looking mobile games than PUBG

>games with complex graphics on phones

More like battery destroyers, these games overheat your phone and drain your battery instantly which will accelerate it's degradation no matter what good specs the device have, the batteries inside phones simply cannot handle that yet.

or ever, really. if you had a magic battery that fit in a phone, you still couldn't draw 100 watts from it. A phone form factor can't dissipate more than a few watts of heat.

that's the real limit here - the amount of computation you can do is, in the end, limited by the power you can draw and the heat you can dump. Phones will always have strict and constraining limits on those.

That screenshot is literally PS1 tier.

Attached: PlayStation-SCPH-1000-with-Controller.png (1000x435, 276K)

Don't be silly.
It's like a low tier PS2 game.

they are ps3 and even ps4 games way worse than that

btw fortine on the ip^hone looks the same as in the xbox x

Nah, sadly. You can install some tools to do it but they're chink botnet. (Octopus)

You should see fortnite on an iPhone 8. I don’t know how they pulled it off. It loads faster than on my PS4 pro. While obviously not as nice looking as in PS4, I’d say it looks as good as any ps3 game.

>plug usb mouse into my phone
>own all the scrubs in that game
>iphone bois can't even compete

Attached: 547846120D5.jpg (657x527, 37K)

No, PS2 had better texture filtering. That's literally PS1.

There are on all platforms "indie" crap that looks like trash from 1980's.

Same

Why do you assume a computer must generate heat to perform calculations? Maybe there's a type of computer that becomes colder as it works.

Have xiaomi meme 4 prime and it gets lukewarm playing pubg.

can you actually do this?

>Maybe there's a type of computer that becomes colder as it works

Attached: 1492738364896.jpg (590x531, 78K)

Attached: 1518960610411.jpg (750x748, 503K)

I expect that you will be able to run GTA V at low settings at SOME point. Maybe in five years

nah, they've run out of nm. the improvement in graphics over the next decade (until they come up with something else) will probably be barely noticeable.

The dev's an Arma modder, and the game was made purely because he failed to monetize the Arma 3 mod. What did you expect?

Attached: 1518859164078.png (502x277, 370K)

ps2 can do better than that

Attached: 150197-Black_(USA)-9.jpg (576x360, 36K)

>posting tiny bullshots

>TFW this runs better on a phone then on Xbox
Probably somewhere around 2012. Currently phones look like 2008 graphics.

Who cares because touch controls are and always will be a dumpster fire.

There's lots tutorials on YouTube and ncix once did a video on it a few years ago.

flash memory on phone vs non-ssd memory

Do you even physics bro?

Attached: image_62.jpg (940x627, 62K)

>pubg wants to sue fortnite for "stealing" their idea
>fortnite makes a successful mobile release
>pubg "oh shit oh shit copy them"
How the tables turn

Hey maybe this guy's onto something

is this pubg for wii rendering at some meme resolution

>when you sue someone for making a game with in the same genre for being similar
Game devs need to btfo

Are you retarded? PS1 can't handle 1/100 of these polygons

>how to make mobile games have better graphics
>let's just invert entropy
brilliant dude, only then you'd run the risk of freezing your shit up instead of overheating - fukcing retard.

Attached: 1517906155649.jpg (720x720, 100K)

I have to say chinks did a better work porting this game to mobile than what fucking EPIC GAMES did with their own engine porting the less graphically demanding fortnite.

You have a shit phone.

Nice, rewriting physics right now

I was thinking this. I think the mobile release of PUBG was an "oh shit" reaction to the major success of Fortnite. PUBG is squirming.

See GTA SA for example, chinks did an awesome job.

This has been out in China for over a month

PUBG mobile has been out in China for like 2 months already

this is a message to anyone in this thread who is currently browsing on their phone

you are killing Sup Forums, leave

No :^)

Attached: Screenshot_20180322-202141_Clover dev.jpg (1440x2960, 525K)

it is, unreal runs on android too

Does it even fucking matter when were are stuck with touchscreen controls

>That literally looks as good
>literally
no. it looks much worse.

My phone does not play crysis

Fugg it's real

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-23-03-17-34-715_com.android.vending.png (1080x1920, 900K)

>I can't enjoy anything without being a bitch

>That's literally PS1.
the nostalgia is strong in this one

>the mobile version runs better than on my PC
t-thanks

Attached: 1521587943194.jpg (1080x1145, 150K)

no :3

Attached: Screenshot_20180322-220020.png (1080x1920, 591K)

Actually tencent made it which is why its playable instead of garbage

fpbp

>Wahh nobody can enjoy things I'm a contrarian douche who tells people to kill themselves because I'm incapable of joy
wow you really showed them!

>already 5 million downloads
I checked a few days ago and it was 1 million, holy shit

They also made a mobile version for League of Legends (which they also own) which is surprisingly playable

>sue for copying ideas
Yeah and someone should sue bluehole for copying the entire dayz spinoff. There's been so many games that are next to identical to PUBG for years. All they brought was minimum effort in moving beyond the crappy arma engine. It's not even a well made UE4 game.
Their fucking crash reporter crashes.
Stupid people should be executed.

Is kind of ridiculous of PUBG to claim they copied

there's countless games and films of the same genre

You probably was a little kid when I joined this website.

Attached: Screenshot_20180322-191007.png (720x1280, 129K)

Well shit, a better question is where will the game console market be in 5 years? If shit like this takes off and companies add support for bluetooth controllers, how is Nintendo going to compete with their Switch when common phones can do the same thing complete with the ability to hook it up to your TV? How much market share will this strip from the Sony/Microsoft/PC gaming when people have a decent console in their pocket and the selling point changes from being able to play games that aren't total shit to having the same games with better graphics?

>all that fucking grass
>PS1 tier
The fuck? Pic related is a PC game from 2002, 8 years after the Playstation was released. In case you didn't notice, I should point out the lack of modeled grass that would absolutely kill a machine from that era. Not to mention that the OP's picture is rendered at almost 8x the maximum resolution the Playstation could handle.

Are you under the impression that processors haven't become more efficient as time has passed? Do you think your current desktop generates the same amount of heat as a machine from a decade ago to do the same calculations?

Alternatively, we could see developers cease to be lazy and start optimizing games more to push the limits (like what used to be necessary for better looking games) rather than just squandering hardware advancements.

Attached: Battlefield 1942-2.jpg (1024x768, 208K)

>how is Nintendo going to compete
Same way they have for the last ten years, fuck tons of 1st party exclusives.

Various systems will still have exclusive games, but only a portion of the market is willing to buy multiple consoles just for their exclusive games rather than just focusing on a single machine. I suspect that the portion of the market that uses multiple devices for games will increase quite a bit (not counting phones with their lower quality games currently of course) if these higher quality phone games take off, but there would still be the issue of people who would then choose their phone as their one device for games rather than investing more in a different device.

Xbox 360 tier graphics

Neat

I think multi platform will be key too.
You can already do crossplay on Fortnite between PC consoles and phones
Until eventually phone performance is good enough to replace a desktop, doing a Nintendo Switch-like approach

>Various systems will still have exclusive games
None of which will be Smash Bros

Attached: 1350164648971.jpg (250x251, 5K)

That's a good thing though, I'm not a soyboy.

Attached: 1516994161931.png (630x384, 171K)

>still using the "Nintendo=soyboy" meme

Attached: 1363881968865.png (400x504, 323K)

open your eyes nigga

there's enough soy in this pic to make your dick fall off

Attached: 1517884304081.jpg (3000x2660, 1.83M)

>10 people represent the entire Nintendo fanbase
Also, one of them is opening PS4, so now that's a "soyboy" thing too?

Attached: 1378530590179.gif (500x288, 482K)

lmfao, you're a soyboy aren't you?

Attached: 1518614090841.gif (800x371, 125K)

boogie2988 is a soyboy?
can't believe it

Dead meme, and no. Are all of the girls who play Nintendo soyboys as well?

just like your testosterone

Behind even more microtransactions and ads.

>people on the internet are doing a thing i dont like
grow up, kid

>Until eventually phone performance is good enough to replace a desktop, doing a Nintendo Switch-like approach
If this takes off, then we're already there. There are already phone dock options like the Samsung DeX for light duty desktop/laptop use for tasks like typing reports/doing presentations/etc. The selling point of the Switch wasn't that it was as powerful as a normal home console, just that it was powerful enough to offer a comparable experience while at the same time offering portability.

Unreal engine, when used right, has some great scale-ability. See: Fortnite and NOT PUBG

Testosterone is not a meme, but rather, a part of the human body. You are either misinformed, or attempting to make a personal attack due to not having an actual argument.

Attached: Some_Day_Youll_Be_Smart.jpg (500x492, 49K)

You know I'm right when men start growing tiddies and become more moody than a 13 year old girl after getting hooked on soy.

Attached: soyboyfour.jpg (500x690, 83K)