Continuous Ink Supply Systems NEVER FUCKING WORK

No matter how many times I've tried. I've never gotten this to work to satisfactory levels.

>Ink reserve cartridge either not high enough to force ink down the tube.
>Ink reserve cartridge too high and ink dripping into printer
>cartridge keeps drying out and heads also drying out to the point where i have to run the clean cycle 4 or 5 times for it to function again wasting a ton of ink
>The cartridge not pushing down properly into the Epson printer and when I used more force, I broke the little clip that holds it into place.
>The chip not making contact with the Epson sensor connectors and having to put a piece of thin cardboard behind the cartridges to get them to make contact.
>The fucking printer printer images that have lines all over it.
>Text not coming out sharp after a while, even though I did an alignemnt

And forget about HP printers allowing CISS, I've wasted years trying to get that shit to work. Epson printers are much more accepting of CISS.

Attached: download (3).jpg (259x194, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

epson.co.id/inktankprinter
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I know someone with them and it leaked fucking everywhere.
I fixed up a printer today with dried heads.
If you put windex on the sponge it cleans itself with it unclogs them well. Bought pic related instead of continuous.

HP is a meme and not the funny kind.

Attached: 23025235498373.png (456x450, 217K)

What printer do you have? And how is what you posted not CISS?

I'm guessing what you posted is just a direct refillable cartridge. I might look into that. I have an Epson Workforce 3640 though. The printer is pretty awesome, and the CISS was working great for several months...

Speaking of leaks: I just saw that my desk was covered in yellow ink from me leaving the cartridge unplugged after I was fucking with it after breaking the clip on it. Fuuuuck. All the yellow ink is gone.

Sister had a EcoTank printer for some years now (the one with stock CISS), always worked so far.

>man I have like a whole bottle of ink why can't I just refill these shitty cartridges
>drill a hole in one
>the cartridge is full of sponge or some shit
>fill a syringe with ink and inject it into the sponge
>cartridge works again

I don't get why people have trouble with this

that shit is fucking messy, bro. And you have to keep refilling that shit constantly. Those cartridges are tiny.

Was thinking of getting one of those - how's the output quality? I'm mostly thinking of text, but don't really like laser printers..

>that shit is fucking messy, bro
How?
>And you have to keep refilling that shit constantly
I need to actually print something maybe once every couple of months.

>You have to keep refilling that shit constantly.
Yeah. I've been there. It got too tedious. And if you fuck up in ANY way, there goes your carpet, your clothes, your desk, your papers, your envelopes, your photos. So annoying... shiiit.

I decided to invest in a good CISS friendly printer. I was at Costco and saw a printer for $80 and looked up if it had a CISS online and it did. So I just bought it. A few months later, someone gave me that same printer for free and I returned it to Costco for the original $80. So I basically got this for free. I also never opened the original cartridges and sold them on eBay for $20 each. So I basically made money off the printer. and I only spend $30 on the CISS. But I broke it, so I'll have to buy another.

Lines streak on print if rarely use, you have to clean head really easy though, just mix water bleached/whiteners and inject into head with straw.

I own epson L series ecotank ciss since 2012. Overall pretty cheap i print like more than 30k+ paper and photo(according to resetter software), black already refill 3 times and cyan magenta yellow twice. Cost me like $6 for each ink so (3*6)+(3*6*2) $54 total for 6 years now.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping to do.

I just bought a 1 litter ink bottle on ebay and have been using that. the most expensive part has been the CISS itself.

I have a couple printers. The cartridges I posted are for a Brother DCP-J125. It has a weird system where the cartridges go in the front of the machine and stay still and the print head fills up from them then prints, then comes back and fills back up again.
The ones in the pic are just larger capacity and manually refillable.

I had some HP all in one that was a piece of shit, you had to feed the paper in by hand and time it perfectly every time. Bought some chink non-refillable cartridges and they worked well.

>TFW used to cost $120 AUD for a set of ink for the HP

Attached: 20455732.jpg (309x368, 50K)

>$120 for a set of ink for the HP
christ

>Printing is fun and not a nightmare when ink doesn't cost as much as a house

What are some fun things to print?
I have:
papercraft
shirts
print stickers then laminate them

Attached: 95587956.png (800x750, 68K)

>HP printers
That's your problem. Never ever buy their printers.

>If you put windex on the sponge it cleans itself with it unclogs them well.
Thanks for the tip there.
Wouldn't happen to know of any printers that don't suck a massive fat one for use in sublimation?
I'm using an Epson XP-220. Print quality is alright, but the printer itself fucks up fairly often (thinks the ink cartridges are empty) and it's hard to diagnose/fix.

Monochrome benis. Paste them all over town. "HAVE YOU SEE MY BENIS??"

lel

Attached: 230948373.jpg (1074x1780, 963K)

wait you mean there are people still using inkjets?

What do you use?

you can get a cheap B&W laser printer for like a hundred bucks. somewhat more if you absolutely need color. Toner is cheap, using third-party cartridges is generally much less of a shitshow than it is in inkjet-land, and they don't dry out, so you can stock up and its no problem if you go long stretches without printing.

What's the quality like for color prints?
When they print vinyl stickers is it inkjet or laser?

I don't think you can print stickers with them, or on that special photo paper. Anything you print on normal typing paper looks great though.

Just use laser you fucking nerd
I don't get the point of ink when toner is so much cheaper

Thats why i use laser printers instead of inkjet.
Buy once cry once

>Needing to print things

gotta print the return labels for when i send hardware back due to minor defects

Of course, the seller pays for the label, but i gotta print that shitter out and put it on the box.

you are a fucking legend

>Brother hl-3150cw
>130 quid
>laser colour and full duplex
>ethernet
>cost 30 quid for a full set of compatible inks
>doesn't jam, block or dry out

Attached: 71swswQ-pNL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x926, 88K)

when you print so much that you need this system, you might as well just get a color-laserprinter.

>live in Indonesia
>have this: epson.co.id/inktankprinter
>large ink capacity ootb

kek

it's true, i have the same

2018 not using a laser jet. What the hell is wrong with you sadists?!

Capitalism was a mistake.

Imagine a world where printers were designed to be good and efficient machines to produce documents instead of shitty cash grabs.

desu i dont know which to buy

for home use, and wireless would be nice i guess.

budget.. 300~ usd

>Indonesia
I'm so sorry

Basic. Won't print good photos or anything, but it works ok for text and graphics without very small details.

That said only very few color lasers that I've seen are possibly printing in better quality, I'm comparing to photo inkjets.

Just go to a print shop. God damn. It's literally cheaping then wasting time maintaining a fucking printer.

You falling for the DIY-meme.

>wasting time

id be wasting time going there too.

It used to work perfectly for an old HP printer I used to have 10 years ago. You should print daily to avoid flooding.

Enjoy wasting money

Buy a laser, and go to a print shop for the color. Cheapest, and easiest to save money.

I dont need color, i just need to be able to print out return labels and shit, no picture crap.

since time is money, the amount of time itd take me to go to the shop every time id have to print, would counteract any savings pretty fast by going there

That's actually dope. I saw them selling the continuous ink systems righ in the shops that sold printers all over Asia so I suppose the manufacturers had to adapt to the market there.

hp laserjet wireless is pretty cozy.

a tree died for this

I as well have a similar Brother. It has the same kind of external print heads separate from the cartridge.

It works great after years of easy refilling, one reason for this is that the print heads on disposable cartridges are shit ant won't last as long as dedicated external ones.

Attached: images (5).jpg (197x255, 7K)

>B&W

>Paying for toner

The fuck outta here, inkjet printing is essentially free and the quality these days is fantastic. Laser is faster, though.

Don't call me your brother. We fell from different cunts and your skin is an ugly color.

You can buy a bottle of injet ink the size of a Coke can for 8 bucks. That's thousands of pages.

Attached: 41jK7Lk7YRL._SY400_.jpg (400x400, 12K)

ha ha.

I've printed tens of thousands of pages on this guy, including thousands in color for under 100$.

A fucking print shop, really? They charge like 50¢ or more a page for decent quality color at kinkos.

Attached: IMG_20180322_104211041.jpg (4032x3024, 3.78M)

thats HP though..

id really rather not support those cunts

By a printer made by Brother. No chips or other bullshit to prevent refilling and easy frontloading system for refilling.

They're also a good company with a history of quality.

Epson also recently started selling a printer that is designed to be refillable right out of the box for about 200 dollars.

they work, it´s just that you are too stupid to make it work. Just buy your cartridge like a good goy and go on with your life.

ITT. Printer manufacturers doing damage control trying to make ink continuous system look bad as every printer thread lead to them being recommended.
I had one for 3+ years, no issues whatsoever, you can even get professional ones now.

Attached: Ink-Tank.jpg (1937x1763, 956K)

It depends on the type. If you're feeding ink into cartridges with print heads built into them, they will suck, because they're not made to last for any period of time.

If you use continuous ink, or even regular refilling on a printer with external dedicated print heads, will work great.

>they will suck, because they're not made to last for any period of time.
Not true, mine lasted several years before I needed a new one, and that because I gifted it to a friend back in the day, it was an old epson c67

Attached: epson.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Hmm. My dad used a system like this (pretty heavily) and the print heads went to shit after a couple years. My Brother has been working well for me for almost a decade now.

I was told companies like Epson intentionally make their in cart print heads not to last to fuck over companies like cartridge world that refill carts.

How heavily was yours used?

Yeah i read about the EcoTank ones from epson, but being in sovjiet denmark, im not sure if the ink is widely available?

Also which one is actually good? (currently have an old epson one from.. 2009?, its pretty shit, was about 50usd)

>I was told
Yeah, totally legit anecdotal tale that has any weight on your statement.
I printed several thousand dvd covers every month, full color page.

Well, good on you. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that every system I've seen that attach to original carts fail after a couple years. I only have anecdotal evidence, but I've been refilling printers for almost 20 years.

Even if I'm right, you can just buy a new set of carts every few years, which is still pretty inexpensive.

You can use generic inks that cost almost nothing with the ecotank.

>using inkjet printers
>1991+27
you deserve all the misery

Until the dedicated print head clogs up and you either have to repair it or toss it

Like I said, the old Brother I posted a pic of above has lasted almost a decade, with daily printing. I just use rubbing alcohol ever year or two.

Actually, a lot of the 2010ish era printers are the easiest to maintain and refill.

If you get a good setup, they work great and print almost for free. The paper is far more expensive than the ink.

>trees are alive

They are, bull all of them are sustainably grown in paper farms.

Dell E525W
Enjoy

>Laser

The whole point of this is to avoid buying toner. Toner may be cheap, but ink is almost free.