I just "bought" a GTX1080 off ebay for $96. How easy are returns/refunds...

I just "bought" a GTX1080 off ebay for $96. How easy are returns/refunds? I'm like 100% sure I will be getting a bag of shit but paypal shouldn't be too hard to deal with. And before anyone says it's just the cooler, the description mentions its the whole card.

Attached: chrome_2018-03-22_01-44-31.png (1084x583, 330K)

Congratulations, the scammer will keep your money for a good month before you get it back.

At best, they'll send you a bag of hay, or some mexican peso.

As someone who has received defective items from ebay it's not that bad. They almost always side with the buyer and you just open a case. If the seller doesn't respond in a 7 days you automatically get your money back. Depending on your payment method the refund will either be instant or take another 3 days.

$100 wont make or break my month, so long as i can get it at the end i dont really mind.
i took screenshots just in case, we'll see. is it instant if you used your card and 3 days for bank account linked directly or vice versa?

It's the other way around. If you paid with a credit card it'll show as pending for a few days. If you paid with a bank transfer the money will be returned to your paypal account right away. In the latter case you can transfer it back to your bank and it'll go through within a day.

Can you link it please? I would even pay shipping to Germany if I could get a 1080 for ~ 80 €.

>wanting to fall for the scam

OK, call me retarded, but its Paypal and free shipping so 100 % money back granted.

2 Weeks until my Vamery card arrives?

Attached: 1080.jpg (2417x1235, 240K)

You know it's a scam so why even do it? Even if eBay sides with you, there is a very small chance they won't and you just fucked yourself.

It looks like that seller's pretty reputable so it's either a pricing mistake or he's actually losing money.

Attached: Screenshot_20180322-000749.png (1080x1620, 106K)

No, because Paypal always refunds. Paypal is not Ebay.
My guess: Hacked account. We'll see if the orders get canceled.

Friend of mine got scammed out of 2k€ by some poltard.

Received rock (not even a brick) and few rolls of toilet paper instead of iphones.

Make sure when you get the package, you film yourself opening it for insurance.
A chink tried the "just send them a bead" trick on me and I couldn't get my 30 bugs back because of it. So I started reverse chinking, and made 300 bones off of those retards. Still not worth it.

>Buying Iphones
He deserved it.
>Toilet paper
He even delivered, he ordered shit.

That account has been hacked. OP is getting squat.

Attached: b4a[2].jpg (750x1000, 89K)

>the scammer will keep your money for a good month
So what?
Are you that poor that you can't lose 100 USD for a month? Get a job.

They have a billion accounts that have all voted themselves up.

You'll have to send it back if you do the paypal refund option.
So you'll have to pay for shipping.

He used bank transfer instead of paypal because seller promised him extra discount for that type of payment.

>member since 2003
If ebay hasn't banned them in all this time it's probably a hacked account.

Then really, being this dumb, he deserved it. Who pays 2K via bank transaction when he doesn't know if its legit?

it might be that user who talked about "robin hood"ing graphics cards from miners.

Attached: 1520165709460.jpg (420x226, 52K)

>read small print
>"or equivalent"
>send you a gtx 460
>ebay rules that a graphics card is a graphics card

rip OP

No. Return postage for defective/falsely advertised items is on the seller.
He actually deserved it. Paypal is there for a reason and now he also needs to close his bank account and set up a new one.

please delete that post.

t. ebay scammer

SELLER HERE
Just say it doesnt work, ebay will ALWAYS side with buyer.

Fuck you buyers.

I'm already expecting the prices to drop, because mining got too expensive and not worthy anymore, especially from private users with low amounts of cards and high energy costs. But 70 €, that would be almost free.

Paypal will refund so the seller is charged the full price and I can keep the GTX 460
>Profit

That's not how it works, you still have to ship it back and they'll refund you once tracking data confirms they have the package.

They do read the terms of the sale, bro. If there's a clause in there that even remotely justifies the substituted item, Paypal's not going to interfere and get legally involved. It's a small claims court issue if you're insisting that a GTX 460 isn't equivalent to a GTX 1080.

probably stolen

>700 usd card for 80 usd

Sure thing buddy. :)

Attached: 10179F69-BECA-405A-84D7-DE091A6BB892.png (1366x768, 998K)

I was scammed on ebay.
Went through all the required steps - try contact seller, waot, escalate to ebay... wait..
After two months got link to survey "how was your issue solved, did you like experience..." you get it.
THE FUCKING JOKE IS THAT I DID NOT GET REFUND AND EBAY DID NOT CONTACT ME. "Byers protection"...

It'll probably be a GTS 450 with faked BIOS.

Ebay has no protection for the seller. Tell them you received a brick and you'll have a refund instantly.

snagged the 1080ti they had for 105

This must be what it's like to buy Apple products.

no you just buy accounts with reputation. the same way people do on mmos

>paying $700 for a $80 card
brainlet

you already know it's going to be fake...

Retards like your friend are why these scammers exist. Out of 1000, 1 will hit. Why stop.

Attached: 99BF0EB9-3B0A-4245-9791-F36A2AEF455D-891-0000011E0FA63978.png (500x333, 140K)

You won't be getting a bag of anything. Let me do you a favour and tell you how to protect yourself because you're clearly challenged. Message the seller through eBay asking him about your order, courier of choice, condition/picture of product, etc. 99% he won't reply. Do this 3 times a week. After no response ask eBay to step in, they'll give you your money back, remove the listing and probably ban the account. 1% he'll reply with incoherent shit without answering any of your questions. Again do this 3-4 times in 7 days. Clearly unsatisfied you'll ask eBay to see what they can do and you get your money back. Fucking idiot.

It's a scam, usually using a hacked account. This has been going on for over a year, if you wait the listings usually disappear very quickly before idiots like you can waste valuable resources on the refund process.

Why are english sockets so retarded compared to american ones?

ALERT!!!

GO ON PAYPAL AND CLICK CANCEL TRANSACTION, THIS IS A HUGE SCAM AND YOUR MONEY BE WILL HELD RANSOM FOR OVER A MONTH.

The UK plug is the best outlet design. Only downside is it's a bit bulky.

>too good to be true
Its a scammer. If you even pay attention to ebay for few days, you'd see the pattern. The $100 GTX 1080/1070 gets posted in few patterns.

Only suckers get sucked in.

Paypal protection = 0 risk for the buyer.
There is a slight chance to get the item (insane promotion, stolen goods, stupid error...) and nothing to lose.

you moron lmao

grats on buying a flashed fermi OP, have fun in dispute hell.

Attached: 6a204bd89f3c8348afd5c77c73422.jpg (225x225, 7K)

nice try kike. Can't take my shekels.

I committed to buy but didn't transfer because it was too good to be true. Ebay already emailed me saying it was a scam. I'm going to be so angry if you fuckers get these sweet cheap cards and I pussied out. But most likely you're gonna have to admin shit to get your cash back.

>time left 29d 20h
>no "buy now" price
You and everybody in this thread but me are stupid

>You and everybody in this thread but me are stupid
I think you'll find you are the stupid

This. I am surprised this scam is still going on after it has been given the spotlight that these are just cheap as fuck cards flashed with a bios claiming to be a more expensive card i.e. no different than the low capacity flash drives made to pretend to be huge drives.

Once I bought a GPU and it was around $20 cheaper than the other listings, so it didn't seem too out of place.
I then got some chink earbuds and got my refund.

Pretty shitty earbuds, though. At least were free.

most definitely a scam. you can go through the refund process, but your money will be held up for quite a while.

If it arrives make a picture of the stuff inside the package and post it on g

>>You and everybody in this thread but me are stupid
I think it be you congrats on this seriously

sellers make them the money, they favor you guys way more. (just like amazon)

guy was also selling ps4s for $80, hacked account, most of them got canceled and most people got emailed that their order was canceled too.

I suspect this is a scam just going by the fact that it's a stock photo and they've got plenty of them for sale.

I haven't looked at this account myself but I suspect it will fit this general pattern: They've sold 1000 key-rings or perhaps phone cases or some other legit item worth $2. If you see an account that's sold a lot of low-value items and suddenly they are selling something completely different and expensive then something's wrong.

>poor that you can't lose 100 USD for a month
Flushing $100 down the toilet is foolish regardless of how much money you've got.

And getting refunds from these scams isn't as strait forward as you may think. OP will probably get a graphics card with a fake BIOS that makes it look like its a 1080 but in reality it's some other card. Those sellers are scammy beyond belief. They will try to claim they sent you what you ordered (which they didn't) and you'll have to prove to ebay and paypal that the item is fake.

I fell for the fake SD card scam a long time ago. Those sellers would insist that they sent a real SD card even though I provided screenshots of f3read/f3write. ebay scammers are kind of like gypsies in this fashion, they will just lie and insist it's fine after you've proven it's not.

You could have spent that money on an IBM MODEL M.

>muh screenshots
Where is the screenshot of the return policy?
>PayPal and free shipping = money back
False
>PayPal always refunds
False
>return postage is on the seller
False
>eBay will always side with the buyer
False
>eBay will blindly side with the buyer
False

yeah sure, expect monero to explode in a few days since they are going to kill asics mining

I took a chance on a 108% 1080 and ofc it was a scam. I'm still waiting to get my money back.

This desu.

Attached: Bag-Of-Sand1.jpg (322x459, 71K)

Fuck I bought a GTX 960 4gb for $100, and in comes a GTS 450 bios reflashed to look like a GTX 960.

Take a look under heat shield, no doubt a GTS 450 it's got the right chipset and RAM and everything.

so you are always that cunt that asks about shit like a jew.

Update: Just woke up, got a mail from ebay saying that account was "compromised" lmao

we tried bois, onto the refund process

Look on my ebay they have this blurb on the transaction.

We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

It says if you paid the sale will process as normal?

yeah, paypal shows as pending but my card shows nothing has been withdrawn so i guess it's all fine - i'll be looking at it throughout the day though

>Paypal is not Ebay.
You're not right.

You'll have no problem getting your refund from eBay though. Don't need to go through PayPal.

this... seems like an extraordinary amount of work and material investment for $100 gross sale. The vram chips themselves are pretty expensive, and they'd have to design and manufacture a board for all of it.

Only when I find it too good to be true. Why would a jew help someone else get his money back. You're as retarded as op