What advantages does this have over the Debian family?

What advantages does this have over the Debian family?

Attached: 1200px-Fedora_logo.png (1200x1200, 66K)

None, GNU is just GNU, you have no benefit from changing distros [spoiler]except if you distro you are switching to has OpenRC[/spoiler]

I'm recently trying out Fedora 28 on a VM and coming from Ubuntu this distro is looks "consistent".
I now understand why people says that Ubuntu fucked up every packages on their repos...

runit is superior

When normalfags see the logo, they'll be impressed that you have a Facebook OS.

Dnf is better than apt. Main reason why I'm using fedora on the home server now.

What makes it better?

Can you explain?

i like windows

Dnf has a lot more functionality built-into dnf itself to skip, force, disable or whatever workaround is needed if things go wrong.

Creating .rpm packages from sauce is usually less annoying than .deb.

And it's also a bit faster, the resolver seems better and the status output is IMO nicer / more often what you need.

The desktop experience is much smoother. Gnome is not bloated with Ubuntu changes and for example, the gnome-software does not give me any errors, shows the % of the installations and the updates looks much more detailed and integrated than on Ubuntu (I'm on 17.10).
All in all the impression is that I get to know the Gnome vanilla experience which is great so far.

No shit, it's quite a point, Ubuntu's logo is just some niggers dancing around

It's the source of all the cancer that's killing linux.

I think a distro is good if it has tons of software and it's full of features OOTB (come at me minimalfags). Of course it also shouldn't have bugs that require 45 minutes in google to solve it. Ubuntu and Debian are pretty nice because of this. They do have minimal installs as well but I don't use them nor recommend to friends.

Fuck systemd, fuck gnome, fuck wayland, fuck rpms, fuck fedora, FUCK REDHAT!

Redhat has always been shit.

Attached: fuck redhat.jpg (250x250, 7K)

Oh someone made a facebook os? I might download it!

What you're using?

FUCK REDHAT

I dont know if i get what you mean, but with apt you can also see the % of the installation

>redhat
>doesn't format apache config into rc style but still uses shitty monolithic conf
>have to fucking register to download patches
>yum is old trash from a mctosh specific fork of redhate
>outdated as fuck
>fedora is for cucks
>FUCK REDHAT

You don't have to use apt, what more do you need?

It’s the only other major distro that adheres to free software only for the main repo (except for nonfree firmware). I don’t believe the kernel is deblobbed like debian’s either, but it has SELinux out of the box, doesn’t autostart services once you install a package, and has a bunch of hardening dibs on their binaries. It is a redhat sponsored product though, unlike debian that is community dictated. In all, it’s a nice distro that I would use if I wasn’t on debian.

More up to date packages. This is the only benefit.