This album is transcendental. How can anyone dislike it?

This album is transcendental. How can anyone dislike it?

Who dislike it? Pretentious avant teens?

Yeah but have you heard the new Hunter Hunt Hendrix song?

I never heard it but I bet it sucks t b h

Try not to judge me on my kind of taste

>goes on Sup Forums once

People that say it's trash are usually just trying to be different. I get it if you have different taste, but fuck those guys that "dislike" it just for the sake of being argumentative.

You have to listen to this album on a sticky summer day driving your 1958 thunderbird down to big sur with your 14 year old girlfriend.

One hand on the wheel...one hand on the cunny

Later..you give her the deaking of a lifetime

Should give her the jam of a lifetime

I like MPP, but I wouldn't call it transcendental. I think it's more of a "fun" type of record, despite it's subject matter and the fact that it actually has some (relatively) complex musicality

Not AnCo's best by a longshot imo

Its shit

It's always been more of a lonely summer evening album to me, though, I spent a lot of summer evenings alone, so a lot of stuff seems that way to me

Suck it up

I like it better alone

Addaboy

this is the best-made LP of all time honestly

people can deny it all they want but when it gets down to it there's not much music out there that could top it

MPP isn't even the best album in Animal Collective

Because early Animal Collective is better

i could understand if u think stgstv is but MPP is still the pinnacle of their discography

Nope, Campfire Songs and Here Comes the Indian

>This album is transcendental. How can anyone dislike it?
Good question. What makes it transcendental?

You're not wrong, but mid AnCo is the best by just a little bit

Which years define early, mid, and current AnCo

I'd say HCTI is the cutoff for early and in that case, I'd give it to early AnCo

Early is up to ST, mid is ST-Oddsac, current is CHz and PW. Couldn't be more obvious.

that other guy is not me. pre-ST is early, post-People is late.

>couldn't be more obvious
ok buddy

Well, while ST is one of my favorites, I still think I's give it to Early AnCo

it's very close for me. they're about as good, but i just personally lean mid, although last time i rated anco numerically, mid also beat early by just half a point (each release/10), not including stgstv, which I don't consider AnCo

Yeah Early and Mid are pretty equal, I guess I just lean towards early.

And Spirit is pretty much just an Avey album imo, even though Panda was crazy on the drums

never stop being you, user

I don't dislike the album itself, but I dislike the ideas presented in it. It was the predecessor to the new, poppy, pseudo-avantgarde anco that is only SLIGHTLY weird as opposed to the irreplaceable STGSTV, Hollinndagain, and Danse Manatee.

>ok buddy
It is obvious. Early is their more experimental years before they were critically and commercially successful, mid is where they figured out the balance between their sonic experimentation and songwriting, and current is their.... ahem..... their "post-pavilion" stage where they've struggled to cope with their success, resulting in two less enthusiastically received albums that loom over their current status. They put out an album that was ambitious and interesting but not quite functional, then an album that was very functional but not very ambitious. Hopefully they have a renaissance period where they're not trying to cope with the hype of their biggest release, or the sting of their first major public rejection.

>not including stgstv, which I don't consider AnCo
>And Spirit is pretty much just an Avey album imo, even though Panda was crazy on the drums

Would you both just fuck off, that's totally pedantic. Avey is the main songwriter on most of their output, and Panda's influence on STG is as present as any of their other releases, Avey's beat-boxing input notwithstanding.

It was actually going to be an Avey solo album, but he was so impressed with Panda on the drums that he named them Avey Tare and Panda Bear.

Avey technically had a large hand in writing the drums, and he wrote literally everything else. I'm not knocking Panda, I'm just saying, it was mostly an Avey effort

That makes sense, I was just thinking years

either way it's definitely sunset-core. Every time i listen to it i imagine a giant city just covered in the final brilliant rays of the setting sun

>le songwriting is everything meme
do you claim that Beatles albums are "essentially Lennon/McCartney productions" or Talking Heads albums are "essentially David Byrne productions" too?

>do you claim that Beatles albums are "essentially Lennon/McCartney productions" or Talking Heads albums are "essentially David Byrne productions" too?
Yeah, because Brian Eno is the same as a drummer with one self released album. Fuck off man

pitch person is the best anco record

LE BĂ–MPE