KDE neon is the best kde experience

Bros, there has been a lot of back and forth about kde on Sup Forums : some dudes love it while others hate it. I am here to deliver the truth after trying out a lot of kde distros : kde neon is unquestionably the best fucking kde experience! Everything works out of the box : suspend/resume, touchpad etc. This is not true for most kde distros. No, it's not a problem with my hardware since distros under gnome work perfectly. And the best part : there's zero bloatware. Everything just werks, no bloat and is built by the kde devs themselves and gets the latest updates first.
Only downside : it's based on ubuntu 16.04, but worry not 18.04 is just around the corner.
Use the best DE (kde) on the best distro (neon). Period. Done. End of story.
Peace my dudes.

Attached: neon.png (980x555, 347K)

Other urls found in this thread:

phabricator.kde.org/D11377
pointieststick.wordpress.com/2018/03/17/this-week-in-usability-productivity-part-10/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

inb4 "no calculator" autism

Attached: cap_1466804448888_00:00:03_01.jpg (960x540, 59K)

>no konqi in op
Shit thread.

You should've tried manjaro with kde.

Attached: tired 1.jpg (235x159, 6K)

The real question is why is kde plasma so fucking buggy and shit?

i did and it sucks
Gentoo>Arch>Antergos>Manjaro>Slack>Neon>Deb>Xubuntu>Ubuntu>lot of distros

How though? Haven't had any problems with it myself.

Attached: thinking 4.jpg (720x405, 51K)

KWin crashed once when I configured it on my gentoobox, but now it werks fine

Neon isn't a distro

KDE is the only DE with a usable calculator, what are you talking about?

I have been using KDE neon and it is okay, but more often than not, you end up with some package that doesn't work even if it is in the repo.
Having their own qt versions makes it more difficult to troubleshoot.

There's some autist who claims that KDE is completely shit just because KDE neon doesn't ship with Kcalc preinstalled
Instead he recommends everyone to install GNOME instead, since it's the "standar" DE

dude I'm having big problems with kubuntu because I unninstalled phonon (why the fuck was so much shit bundled with that?) to test pulseaudio with surround. it didn't work with firefox and it couldn't have a notification icon. reinstalling phonon, gstreamer, and phonon gstreamer backend didn't work. to complete, leftover konsole processes hangs on and eats cpu use, ktorrent is a fucking joke, sddm.config files aren't on their documented default locations, and adjusting DPI is a mess.

should I really give KDE Neon a chance? I heard something like it takes longer to update non-kde packages on it's repositories, but I don't know if it's true. or maybe I should install debian from zero...

Attached: let_go.jpg (960x720, 123K)

not for me.

Install gentoo

You are wrong. It is perfect for everybody.

Regarding kubuntu : I feel you, had the same problems and hesitantly tried neon and was pleasantly surprised.
Give it a try and see if it works for you.
>I heard something like it takes longer to update non-kde packages
Not sure about that, I haven't noticed such behavior though.

KDE is even better on Arch if you’re willing to do some configuring.

KDE is even better on Gentoo. And it's stable.

I want that laptop... is there really a laptop that has the camera to the side like that?

It is a standard thing to include a calculator. Even windows 1.1 had a calculator built in for God's sake.

>Blocks your path

Attached: calculator.png (1396x1183, 1.31M)

This. I miss konqiposter.

>me

found the gnome user

The Foot always squash the dragon.

Attached: mighty_foot.png (751x727, 244K)

He was too good for this board.

Can it use tiling with super+arrow keys or similar out of the box?

But you can't squash a gear with foot.

Nobody would dare to squash on these, and if they do, they do not deserve to exists

Attached: lovely_feet5.png.jpg (1520x2688, 409K)

You have to change it in the shortcut menus. In the next kde release it will be enabled by default.
The tiling behavior is a little wierd though. Tile left works fine, but once I tile left again after it's already been tiled, it changes shape to occupy bottom left. Again tiling left brings it back to the normal tile left. (This affplicable for right etc as well). Question : how do I prevent kde from changing dimensions once it's already been tiled? If I tile left the 2nd or 3rd time, it should not change dimensions.

Yeah but you have to spend a billion years compiling it.

Enabled by default? Guess I'll give KDE another shot then.
My issue with KDE was it being too customizable and me being too lazy.

Manjaro's better

>bragging about the most basic fucking functions of a graphical user interface working

linux fags, everybody.

Tell me how your casio calculator is the best because one add one ALWAYS equals two?

Been using Nitrux as of late. Based on Neon pre-configured to be actually sane. Really happy with it.

KDE NEON will never be based on 18.04

Switched to Fedora KDE spin because of 16.04, very nice so far except for the occasional missing .rpm package

Why KDE neon isn't besed on OpenSUSE?

Solus has a KDE variant coming out (or already available). I'm interested in seeing how it is.

In fact, the meta-arrow tiling shortcuts are there by default in Plasma 5.13!
phabricator.kde.org/D11377
pointieststick.wordpress.com/2018/03/17/this-week-in-usability-productivity-part-10/

These linux fags argue like women over the dumbest things. Feels good to be part of Windows United. We don't bash our bros for problems in our OS like commie lincucks do.

I don't know what this is. What does it do?

keep crying

Attached: KONQUERED.gif (710x828, 21K)

>Subjective "truth"
>I'm here to deliver the truth

Shitpost detected

False, pic related is best.

Attached: OpenSUSE_official-logo-color.svg.png (1280x810, 69K)

>VLC as a dependency for the whole OS
why?

Attached: AmishHusky.png (1600x1594, 1.41M)

>When I tried neon and sabayon kde on live usb the sabayon seemed a lot snappier, so I installed that. And it was very responsive / fast. The problem was the insane number of updates. I went with the weekly version tho. Apparently there's a monthly option. Didn't realize that until after I distro hopped yet again.

Nice try, NSA.

FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I use KDE on Debian Sid, bretty good

>Including a calculator
B L O A T

this
i fucking love suse