/wt/ - Watch Thread

Baselworld

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as ArchieLuxury and the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for new people:
[YouTube] Calculator Unboxing #3 (Casio Watch) - Numberphile (embed)

>Used watch guide:
pastebin.com/4cP1Tpri (embed)

>Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE (embed)

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi (embed)

>Previous thread:

Attached: Capture.png (230x161, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.watchuseek.com/f21/how-permanently-fix-seiko-g757-faded-dead-incomplete-screen-issue-4146698.html
seikowatches.com/global-en/products/prospex/SPB077J1
seikowatches.com/global-en/products/prospex/SPB079J1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for fuck so*ko

Attached: 421C7B58-B31F-40D8-AC64-AE49C73748C1.jpg (4032x3024, 3.45M)

Heard a rumor that Seiko uses soy as its lubricanting oil

Can any1 confirm???

New Zodiac Olympos reissue. Funny we were just talking about mystery dials a few threads back.

Attached: ZO9704_580x.jpg (400x600, 29K)

Why don't you find out yourself?

I wouldn't call this a mystery dial, those are clearly normal hands and not the traditional plastic disks

First for directly driven chronographs.

Attached: LRM_EXPORT_20180316_102024.jpg (981x1308, 913K)

Attached: 46ACAD2D-3731-4BF0-BE33-F35095AF6892.jpg (4032x3024, 3.12M)

No. You cannot just make a post here.

Why is Seiko considered soy??

The hour hand is on a disc. I guess it is sorta a semi-mystery dial in a way.

I just want to talk about watches though I’m sorry if I don’t happen to be heterosexual, are invictas mechanicals?

>
What? How do you know?

Some people think it's what soyboys like for some reason. Maybe the cheapness, I don't know.

The reality is that Seiko makes their top watches 100% in Japan, which is monocultural and staunchly anti-immigration.
Precisely the types of things soyboys hate.

So no logic there, really.

You can mechanically fit it inside your anus if thats what youre asking

Is it? It looked like a painted hand but it's hard to tell with the shitty picture.

holy shit

Attached: Blue_Ceramic_GMT_SBGJ229__HERO.jpg (4093x2302, 573K)

Grand seiko.. looks more like a g shock

the gs is so aesthetic why did they change it to just Seiko

Not my thing but a nice watch with a very well regulated movement. Why do they make these massive 46mm watches though? Is it for the Jap market or is it for Americans or.?

Attached: Bullhead_Leather_Alp.jpg (1859x1372, 1.99M)

Good morning wt

Actually wore it today.

Dammit

Attached: 20180322_093538-3024x4032.jpg (3024x4032, 1.74M)

Why are they banning That poor girl just for asking us about a recommendation for a nice mechanical diver? I’m not even joking about this, do they ban women here for being homosexual?

do you click the thing in the middle when youre at a pokestop?

forums.watchuseek.com/f21/how-permanently-fix-seiko-g757-faded-dead-incomplete-screen-issue-4146698.html

Is a stainless steel diver OK?

There are some people with big wrists. As much as I prefer a 36-41mm watch, not everyone is my size. And some markets just like oversized watches, including China which is the fastest growing market for luxury watches.

Afternoon.

Attached: IMG_20180322_144121__01.jpg (3455x3942, 771K)

Man one of these days I'll get a 4.5...

Just gonna make do with this for now.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1309x1745, 959K)

STOP TALKING SHIT ABOUT SEIKO

All you fucking elitist watch snob pieces of SHIT just talk down on seiko while praising your piece of shit rolex or other meme brand just because MUH badge
If you put a debadged SKX next to a debadged rolex or omega ya'll retards wouldnt even know the fucking DIFFERENCE and probably pick the Seiko as the better made watch

All you fuckers just jealous of smart people who buy Seiko instead of super marketed "swiss" pieces of shit and ended up getting a better watch than you, that is also more horologically significant

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Not paying 15k EUR for this shit lol

>Thinking the average Japanese man has large diameter wrists

You're only making it worse dumbass. The only correct response to shitty trolling is to ignore it.

Attached: 3316F185-AAA8-4BD5-BE52-57A6AA2598AF.jpg (4032x3024, 2.98M)

It's more like the fact that Japs wear oversized watches for some reason.

>being absolutely 100% pro or anti a business entity

Attached: aa6.jpg (1000x989, 106K)

That's obvious false flag bait. Ignore it also.

Lol, the absolute state of soyko males
They're in full meltdown mode!

Reposting seiko sportsmatic calender. Still deciding whether or not to get it. Should i get this seiko sportsmatic calender? Still trying to dig up info on the 7625 movement. One downside seems to be that there is no date quickset function.

Attached: old_stock_unused_vintage_seiko_sportsmatic_calendar_waterproof_in_new_condition__1521594210_494a3ab9 (1080x1080, 162K)

Is it bad that I mainly collect one brand?

Wow, that is gorgeous.

>Not being 100% pro Seiko
Git gud nerd

Attached: g757 5010.jpg (259x194, 11K)

>We want the AP retard rich market

Sad

Where the FUCK are the new cheap/mid Soyko divers??!???!!!?

>My girlfriend has an interview tonight, what would be a good classy mechanical watch for her to wear? She’s a lesbian so a male diver would be OK but it needs to look good and we don’t have money for Rolex is it OK if I make a post here?

That’s literally what this board is for.

What do you think of the SKX007j?

None of my watches have quick set and you don't see me whining about it looked a little bitch, it's a noissue is it's your only gripe with it.

guys, what's your opinion parnis homages? I like this IWC clone. I'm thinking of buying one for myself or as a gift for a relative.

Attached: parnis.jpg (1920x1440, 155K)

Nothing wrong with collecting one brand.
I'm more making reference to people who have nothing but undying love or sheer hatred for a company that produces watches

A lot of new colorways dropped not that long ago. Upper mid range MM inspired watches just dropped. Pic related colorways coming sometime later in the year I guess.

Attached: 2018turtle.jpg (1024x641, 88K)

seikowatches.com/global-en/products/prospex/SPB077J1

seikowatches.com/global-en/products/prospex/SPB079J1

Why is this OK but they ban the girl For asking basically the same question?

Attached: A3C76956-6B36-438B-ACBA-655D67B92A6B.jpg (4032x3024, 3.84M)

I wanted a Turtle priced Willard tho.

Is it true that Soyko is discontinuing the black and black/gold turdles?

Attached: SEIKO_SRP775_SRP777_20.jpg (2000x1333, 648K)

Since this is the watch thread, whats the cheapest GPS watch out there?
I just need something to track my runs. I dont really need a heart rate sensor and other fancy functions. Just a good realiable GPS.

Is this ok? Amazfit bip, around 70usd.
The reviews are okay on youtube.
Any other suggestions? Budget is below 100$.

Attached: IMG_20180322_220759.jpg (720x707, 128K)

what do you mean? What I've heard so far, they're nice looking, well-made homages, not counterfeit clones.

Is Seiko SACM171 worth it? Or not worth it? I'm contemplating on buying one because I think it's a buy it for life wristwatch. I have a cheapass Casio MQ watch I rarely wear because I use my phone to see the time.

Still on their sites so for now probably not.

>watch for life
>soyboi dress watch instead of a diver

LOL

>51mm lug length

Attached: 1429056778611.gif (300x264, 1.82M)

thanks! I'll look into SMD soldering, plenty of old boards to practice on. Apparently that's the most involved the repair can get so I just might go for it.

I was interested in the watch but was turned off by the 17mm lug.

Is it going to be your daily driver?

It's good. The feature set is very good for the price.

Because it's popular and it makes people angry. Stop getting upset at memes.

DW is the preferred watch among stick-wristed, lumberjack-bearded, Star Wars socks-wearing, soyboys.
I saw an Alpinist for the first time yesterday. I was shocked at how green it was. Like Notre Dame football green.

>Is Seiko SACM171 worth it? Or not worth it? I'm contemplating on buying one because I think it's a buy it for life wristwatch.
Wear it in good health!

I did a little.looking into it. The 7625 is the same movement as the 820, an 18,000 bph non-hacking, non manual winding movement with no quick set for the date (have to go back and forth between 9pm and 2am). As far as I can tell there are no known vices of the design.

That's a nice one too.

Yes. I mainly wear button up shirts and trousers. I dislike jeans. I'm about to be 30 years old soon. So need one to last 5 to 10 years.

Attached: 20180322.jpg (750x1000, 244K)

If the size is ok with you, and quartz is OK with you, it's a phenomenal watch for the money.

An user here bought one awhile back and he really seemed to like it.

Welcome to the blanks club!

Begone wristlet.

the salt over the pepsi rolex gmt is glorious

Attached: laughingtakagi.gif (1336x1358, 2.34M)

What you mean?

If you think 51mm is OK, you are very fat

Attached: 1404234285891.jpg (920x1000, 105K)

From white gold GMT owners or Batman owners?

Attached: 3723BFEB-0C58-4568-AD9E-0459B510C488.jpg (4032x3024, 2.15M)

That fits a normal 7" wrist completely fine

both
>wah!! rolex betwayed me!
>i bought this overpriced hunk of gold so that i could show off the blue and red bezel to all my internet fwends but now rolex came out with a cheaper one!!111

>weebshit

Get out.

>You are at the Baselworld watch show when this guys slaps your wrists
What do you do /wt/?

Attached: watch_reviewer_brah.png (406x538, 265K)

Seiko males are valuable contributors to our horological discussion.

To the user who suggested mitsukoshi for buying watches: you're a real piece of shit, they were marked up 20%

They're fakes with a different name on the dial.

He has a MacBook, he doesn't need to worry about a vasectomy
*badabing* *badaboom*

Alright thanks than. The seller says it is new old stock, and the external condition certainly looks great, but if I were to wear it I would want to get it serviced. I dont mind the non manual winding or the non quick date setting. But the servicing is probably going to cost me more than the watch itself. I'm tempted to buy it and keep it in a display cabinet.

>Still no pictures of the 6L35 movement
God dammit the wait to find out if this is based on the 4s15 is killing me. At least it enabling a 9.8mm thick baby snowfrake.

Attached: presage_1.jpg (1640x1093, 125K)

Wow the new Nomos are really not that good. Hope they make something better next time.

Bazingles

If it's anything like actually being NOS then you'd avoid the biggest concern on an old Seiko automatic without hand winding, which is excessive wear of the mainspring barrel preventing the watch from getting up to enough wind to have good amplitude on the escapement. My watchmaker regularly bitches about old Seiko 61xx and 62xx movements for this reason.

Attached: rolex gmt bragging rights revoked.jpg (701x721, 61K)

I think I have enough Citizens for now.

Here's hoping their first production 8MHz Eco-Drives won't be a gorillion shekels.

Attached: IMG_20180318_135854_HDR.jpg (3264x2448, 1.59M)

>everything is boring, generic dress watch shite
>not a single interesting watch

Wow

nice bracelets

Are there going to be any updates for the Submariner this year? I need one with no cyclops for my nubile teen wrists

Yeah, I'd be extremely interested if Citizen can keep the prices sane and manage to resist the temptation to make them hideous.

they're lookalikes I agree, but not fakes, because they don't aim to compete with or completely imitate the real deal, they're not fooling anyone. The goal of most fakes is precisely that - deception. I'm buying one.

Attached: parnis1.jpg (768x1024, 137K)

Attached: 1521723371413.png (640x640, 432K)

None of these are dress watches, stupid!

Yeah, some are stock, some are aftermarket Maruman and Bambi bracelets. The Japanese seemed to be doing this weird thing of replacing perfectly good factory bracelets with aftermarket ones that were exactly the same if quality and comfort.

So the ones that are still on their original bracelets are the white Crystron, the gray Leopard, the Seiko 6139 and the 5Actus in the lower right corner. The blue Cosmotron has the original clasp on some SE-Asian lizard strap I originally got for a Cornavin.