Do they still make quality computers?

Do they still make quality computers?

Attached: compaq.png (1200x439, 27K)

wow haven't seen that name in years

>when you'd rather suck a dog's dick than discuss computers on Sup Forums

My first computer was a compaq, good times.

what's the deal with compaq now

They merged with HP in 2002.

They are called HP now

Feel like sharing this memory:

A local computer store started selling Compam computers in Compaq's glory-days. This was the time where you'd still have a rectangular box on your desk with the computer monitor on top of it (like the classic IBM XT setup). A friend bought one of these Compam computers and brought it home and begun setting it up. The computer case got a big dent when he put the monitor on top of it.

I don't know what Compaq is or what is it used for

HP bought them and turned them into their budget brand and HP was already walmart tier shit to begin with.

Compaq made shit computers.
They merged with HP so HP could make cheap shit computers.
Now nothing HP makes is worth using.
Nobody seem to be able to figure out how to make a good keyboard + good trackpoint or trackpad.
HP computers are unusable because of this.
They are expensive, but nothing about them say quality.

I use a compaq monitor as my main one. The computer it came with is at my grandmas house.

Attached: IMG_20180322_151317154.jpg (3264x1836, 1.57M)

>Do they still make quality computers?
Did they ever?

>The computer it came with is at my grandmas house.
I used to have a grandma but she died.

Top kek user

HP calls their server line Proliant. Wonder where that came from?

Attached: proliant6500.3.31.02.jpg (640x480, 59K)

Compaq desktops were meh
Compaq servers were god tier.
Dell was inferior and HP was so shit, they threw their NetServer line in the trash and just put their name on Compaqs.

Both of my daily drivers are HPs. They're ok.

I had a Presario Pentium 4 box. It blew a bunch of caps and died.

HP pretty much trashed their own PC division when they purchased Compaq, most of the shit they build now has direct Compaq lineage.

Parents still have the windows xp compaq from when I was a kid. Ahh, brigs back old times of slow as fuck computers, used to hate windows xp because that computer was soo god damm slow. Now Iits just nostalgic for me.

>>the Comp is short for compatible
proprietary ram

hp renamed it to elitebook

The Compaq laptops were the cheap trash line of laptops, the elitebooks are high quality trash.

All I want is another 1gb ram stick for mine. Is that why the ram goes crazy at 100% sometimes I've never understood the relation between the processor and the ram sticks. Or did I just crack the code.

What companies makes the best laptops or servers now ?

My dad is still rocking a Compaq pc from 1998, it takes him 20 minutes to boot up windows xp and he refuses to buy a new pc.

Yes of course, pic related

Attached: 556px-Digital_556-flattened4.svg.png (556x170, 13K)

They never made quality computers. Never.

I had an n600c back in the day and it was a good laptop.