Is my internet fast i'm not sure?

Is it fast?
What is the speed in your country?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 19.47.36.png (800x384, 64K)

cunt

piece of shit
kys nigger

It's decent

Attached: 2018-03-17 08_03_02.png (351x200, 15K)

500mbits as it seems.
i have 1 gbit and in a few months 10 gbit

how much do you pay for that? 1000 dollars a month? mine is for 25 euros a month.

$70/month

And I live in one of the wealthiest suburbs of the nation.

Attached: FiOS price.jpg (1005x861, 116K)

>and in a few months 10 gbit
Are you upgrading your local network to accommodate this? Or are you still going to be running a 1gbps local network with a 10gbps WAN?

not bad but I am pretty sure this is unavailable in most of the us.

It's the largest fiber ISP in the nation with over 5 million subscribers. The 1gbps network is available to at least 90% of those people.

10gbit? why the hell do you need internet that is that fast? are you trying to download yourself into a hologram?

I thought A&T was the largest, always thought Verizon was the shitty one...Here I am using Telia which is owned by sweden after they bought out two of our isp's,

idk
$55 a month here

Attached: speedtest.png (510x186, 21K)

Why not.
My country is developing pretty fast and because I am a highly paid IT worker, I can afford me this.

what country?

AT&T is larger overall and has more total subscribers, but they have a much smaller fiber presence. Most of their stuff is copper.
For FTTH installs, Verizon is the largest single ISP in the nation. Though they'll likely get passed eventually if they decide to continue to not expand their network. Currently they're building out an NG-PON2 backend to support Verizon Wireless's 5G network, and they're looking into providing fixed wireless 5G internet service for areas instead of fiber installs.

You didn't answer the question

Yours seems to be quite slow, OP. In the new standard, the less the number, the better the connection.

Attached: 7162939007.png (350x200, 20K)

There's not much to upgrade on infrastructure. The new router will have one (1) 10 gbit port, my switch needs to be exchanged. Already have Cat 6a cables which support 10 gbit ethernet. my network card also supports 10gbits. I also have a cloud server which will be connected to the 10 gbit switch.

a thread had to die, so you could boost your self-esteem

Attached: 1503836083110.gif (182x249, 81K)

So you were already autistic enough to have that sort of shit, or you got it for free/cheap due to work.
Fair enough.

Enjoy.

I've been avoiding getting 2gbps internet, because the cost to upgrade my local network would be $1300-1800 if i'm buying new.

can someone please explain to me why the hell you would need anything over 1gbit???
pro-tip: you can't!

For him it's obviously just because he can afford it and he has the setup to utilize at least most of the speed.

M.2 SSDs are fast enough to read/write 10gbps these days, so storage isn't an issue anymore. You don't need some massive RAID array.

10gbps NICs are cheap if you're going used or even new are under $300 these days.

CAT6a is cheap as well

Only real issue is your WAN interface. Most routers simply can't handle those speeds, and the ones that can tend to cost a good deal of money, in the realm of $1000+ easy.
So its usually easier to build your own PFsense box, or use an ISP supplied router.

Comcast in the US provides a Juniper switch for their on-site router and it retails for around $8,000. So I imagine other ISPs would do similar.

>Juniper switch for their on-site router and it retails for around $8,000
forgot pic

Attached: 2017-09-29 15_20_01.png (1272x356, 70K)

Downloading 9999 movies at the same time. Isn't it obvious enough?