I hope you have getting those certifications right Sup Forums?

I hope you have getting those certifications right Sup Forums?

Attached: 5461646194164814651471.jpg (591x394, 69K)

I was forced to take some of these classes before. Shit was so jarring I am also not exactly a fan of the certs expiring after like 2 years.

>I am also not exactly a fan of the certs expiring after like 2 years.
But Cisco is a fan of money.

It's not about the certificates, you actually learn useful things if you have a good instructor.

The shits expensive as fuck to the more you go into it. I stopped at Security+ because well thats all I needed. At least the fucking books are cheap.

Also if Cisco ever goes under what would happen to your certs?

Depends though most of the time you learn useful tips for CLI never anything regarding physical setup. Thank you packettracer

Packet tracer is true cancer compared to GNS3 yet everything has to be done in PT for most courses, fucking annoying

Its Cisco owned what do you expect? Most of the courses do not even use half the features PT has. I noticed its just router and switch work. Which yeah is important but holy fuck its annoying.

Fuck, I wish i didn't see this thread but feel like posting my feels

>Be me
>Have 7-8 certs
>Get hired on a company and they require a CCNP+ but I dont have one so they hire me anyway and im working here
>Start studying for the CCNP and work is related to CCNP/CCIE and that type of design work...

End up quitting studying and just working on this kind of stuff. Its been months and I haven't studied at all, II have tons, and tons of materials, configs, devices and anything i need to get my CCNP but depression has hit and I dont feel a need to keep studying in this field anymore
Already making over 100k, do a good job in my projects but just dont feel like studying for the CCNP anymore at all

Any tips? How do i get back to studying?? I know i could probably pass in like 3-5 months of studying

I dont know what to tell you have to want the cert. Maybe the fact you got the job even when you dont have the cert is a factor. Would your work pay for the test/classes?

>Reminder that most Pajeets cheat like crazy on certs.
>Reminder most of the shit you get tested on the certs for is completely different compared to what you actually studied.
>Reminder that examdumps are cheap or free and will guarantee you to pass..

I have a little network test tomorrow. Apparently quite easy but I've never worked with physical switches. I need to

" just show a hardware demonstration please where you show two or three computers connected to a switch and being able to ping each other."

All the PC's are next to each other. The switches are apparently 3500XL and 2960 I can choose from.

Am I right in thinking it's as simple as ethernet connecting them all to the switch ports, setting their static IP's in control panel/network card and then pinging the static IP with CMD?

>you actually learn useful things if you have a good instructor.
>useful things

What cause a baby giant error?

I already have everything I need and they already gave me access to everything, i just dont have the will power anymore to spend months studying to get a fucking cert

I do the job, and im not that bad either, i just prefer shitposting after work than studying for this cert

I used to be super dedicated btw back in the day

Go pirate/buy Boson simulator.

Also on the CCENT exam you just need to know the "show command."

That last one is always true since they mostly want to take an exam> I went to community college and my courses were loaded with this Cisco Shit. I took like 3 exams and said fuck it to the rest.

I'm a designer..

Anyway, are you using vlans on the switch?

Also, you need to connect computers to the switch and they have the same network or different network?

What the purpose of this test? If you just need to see what is connected you can use something like show arp or show mac address list etc...

It's literally just a physical demonstration that I can connect the 4 PC's and show that they can communicate by means of pinging.

All 4 PC's are next to each other. No connection to any other networks.

>HEY KID TAKE THIS TEST AND THE JOBS WILL BE ROLLING IN FOR YA
>UH ACTUALLY THAT FIRST EXAM IS PRETTY SHITTY AND EVERYONE HAS IT TAKE THESE OTHER 3 AND THE JOBS WILL BEGGING AT YOUR FEET
>HEY KID YOU HAVENT TAKEN ANY CISCO TESTS IN A WHILE WOULD BE A SHAME IF I WERE TO INVALIDATE THEM

Attached: 64618415846414.jpg (322x620, 49K)

Ok, sounds simple enough

Is this for school or you have a job doing this?
This is quite simple, load up gns3 and test. It is very similar except some syntax maybe different depending on the firmware of the switch but it is not that tough

The thing is what all these moral fags/redditcucks don't understand is that everyone nowadays cheats like a motherfucker in order to pass due to the fact these exams ask all these obscure and useless questions PLUS they increased the passing score to at least 70-80%.

Cisco/Microsoft/etc. does not give a shit because they love the money that certs bring in.

Ummm, kiddo

I'm not sure how old some of you are but here is what happened with me

>Get Net+
>No job offer
>Get CCNA
>No Job offer
>Get CCNA-SEC
>Get large job offer and started making 65k salary
>Three certs in 6 months of studying and now I'm at over 100k and have added multiple certs
The certs help, but you also have to apply anywhere you can think of

Plus user a lot of certs are worthless.

For example Net+ is useless while CCNA is the gold standard.

It is school. I've been off for a while as student finance was refusing to pay as my bank had some fraud take my money.

So it's a case of plugging in the switches power, connected the PC's to it via the ethernet ports and they should all be connected and can use GNS3 to confirm this?

Thanks for your help

I wanted to get a cert so i went for the CCNA but also started the Net+ earlier

That depends though. People who go into Security need Security+ in some places

Yea, it doesn't sound that bad actually. Test or draw this out in your mind and you'll be able to do this Yea, I also got the Sec+ as well..

No what I am saying there are hundreds of certs and only a few are worth while.

Security+ is one of those certs while Network+ is not.

Hmm, if someone has zero networking experience it really isn't a bad cert at all

The thing is the CCNA or even CCENT is much better, but just the Net+ alone isn't bad it is just a waste of time and money to pay for it

The material is great though, (for someone who knows nothing at all about networking)

Its easy to forget, some of us have been in the field a long time and we know everything from security policy design, to mpls clouds, to etherchannel for switches, or even something simple as dynamic routing between data centers, remote hubs/spokes while the newbie barely understand subnetting and it takes them months to understand yes we have classful addressing, but we can also use classless addressing and than they lose their mind..

The small telecom I work for has been awesome at providing materials and paying for certifications. However, they give us a tremendous amount of rope; certainly enough to hang ourselves with.

>CCENT level networking education
>Have access to everything the engineers have access to
>tfw you watch a coworker accidentally reboot an access-layer core switch

Attached: 1466279366904.jpg (698x389, 30K)

Don't get me wrong user, I am not judging the value of the cert based on the actual knowledge they provide but based on how industry treats it.

FUCK NO. Failed that shit in high school on purpose and dont regret it a bit.

>reading a vcr manual for 8 hours a day. "No"

So, let's say I want to get into this whole IT thing. What certs will help me get started?

Attached: file.jpg (800x450, 82K)

Adderall, my good man.

>Cisco
>going under
Good one friend

A+

A+

A+ then go from there.

Nah, ive let my studies slide while i work on an actual degree.
Learning CCNA before i had an actual IT job was worthless, if i had taken my cert it would be near expiring by the time I had babies first IT job experience down and looking for a networking job. And now that its a good time for me to get the cert since im looking for a better job, ive pretty much forgotten a bunch of shit so i have to study through it again.

Anyone tried that 31 Days to CCENT book?
Is it good?

>first time taking a cisco certification test in may
What should I expect??
Btw em taking IT essential program

how to english ?

>Cisco
>not going under
They're losing market share, and there are better alternatives for a cheaper price.

Stay mad, Pajeet.

Attached: derplord.jpg (636x512, 40K)

not who you replied to but
>entire stockmarket has been growing since the end of the recession (more or less when your graph begins)
>tech has beaten the market in general
>those gains are pretty weak for a tech firm
wouldn't read too far into your graph lad

just get the ciscopress shit for ccna level, it's only like $30
ccnp is where maybe you want an alternative because their curriculum is then like $120 for that

u might be retarded

are any of you guys good with cisco routers? i need help configuring three routers, three switches and three PCs with ipv6, vtp, etherchannels, stp and hsrp

based on the fact you think that a tech firm doubling its share price between 2013-18 is impressive I think you might be anally retarded,
good day

Same thing that happened to my Certified Novell Engineer cert--got me some juice with folks who ran Novell at one point, but doesn't even raise an eyebrow with a lot of shops. Feelsbadman.

>yes we have classful addressing, but we can also use classless addressing and then they lose their mind..
Yes, those time travellers from 1990 sure are great guys to have around.

You mean the ITE exam at the start of the CCNA, right? That's literally just a babby-tier A+. If you have a CompTIA A+ certification, or if you have ever had one, or if you have worked in IT for more than six months, you will blaze it. It's a piece of piss. After that, it gets much harder.

it was posted in response to

3 years. And renews everytime you pass an equal level or a higher level exam

I'd like to get CCNA and go down that Cisco route, but I had to spent a bulk of my training budget getting GSEC.

itt butthurt kids who failed the CCNA because they tried to cheat with dumps

Attached: gender.jpg (211x208, 15K)

>tfw not cheating at all
>tfw currently rocking that Routing & Switching Essentials with a glorious chapter exam average score of 67%
Go and eat a penis.

passed my CCENT two weeks ago feelsgood

I might have to take that. I originally wanted to get the full CCNA, but 67% is about 15% less than the actual score you need to pass, so it's possible my work ethic is not up to the task.

I'm going to bust out my Net+ before the new test is required. Then I'll go Sec+. I'm hoping that will open a door or two.

I got a CCNA. With my experience and having that I was able to more or less pick what job offer I wanted. It's a lot of studying and practice. Anybody who tells you not to get it. Has never worked a sysadmin or netadmin position. Everything you learn from the CCNA more or less carries over to the other vendors.

I['m just a lowly laptop repair technician for HP, how can I into certs?

>comptia

don't do it man. Relevant associate's degree + any kind of respected vendor cert (cisco, Juniper, AWS) is where it's at. Bonus points if you have half a personality and any enthusiasm at all.

how different is Net+ from CCNA? How much more would i have to study?

I've got a few certs. Lucky for me they're all Valid for life and not the Valid for x number of years as is the trend now. Really Cisco is kinda a joke unless you really really want to fool with configuring cisco brand equipment. For everything else networking related that don't involve Cisco routers then Network+ is more than enough along with a bit of common sense. Ethernet is Ethernet, speed will go up, that's about it. It ain't like the old days where you had a mix of Token Ring, Ethernet, or a combo of the two. Long as you don't run the cable lengths over 100 meters or use the wrong grade cable to connect a segment and have 100 megabit vs 1GBps as a result, then you'll be ok. you get the point.

My associates isn't in any IT field and I don't want to deal with vendor lock in.

Is CompTIA really that looked down on?