Aren't you going to buy our new 8k TV, user-kun~?

Aren't you going to buy our new 8k TV, user-kun~?

Attached: 1500613686705.jpg (1600x1000, 323K)

Only if you give me a toothy blowjob first, gooks.

8k is worthless unless that tv is like 200 inches and i'm not a pedo so asian girls aren't going to sway me

>touching screen with oily gook hands

ye dont let women handle your tv Sup Forums

>8k
>the photo is only 1K
Call me back when there will be any movie or at least ads in 8k.

>gook
XD

>buying anything but microLED

>IOT
>bluetooth
>wifi
in a fucking television
no

Nigga FUCK YOU. Cromafag said you need video twice the resolution of the screen res to be able to enjoy it. There's barely any 4K (ie real 1080p) content and you think people should buy 8K TVs?

Fuck outta here you rum rose rich wannabee retard.

Attached: 1521049421197.jpg (604x511, 71K)

There are some youtube videos in 8k already.

Terrible bitrate though, somewhere in the 70-80mbps realm.

Maybe for a 80”+ tv

>XD
XD

I don't really have money to buy a 4k TV, even a small one, so that's gonna be no from me dawg

>not user-oppa
Guess I won't be purchasing one of these then.

Even 80"+

At 4k resolution and 80" panel size you need roughly 6-7 foot viewing distance.

At 8k resolution and 80" you need to be ~2.5 to 4 feet viewing distance.

Most people would find 80" screen at ~3 feet to simply be too close.

So for "normal" viewing distance of ~10-12 feet at 8k res you would need around 200"

Attached: 1520801183330.png (1280x720, 65K)

Do you have that in a real unit?

For which?

Euros use inches for screen size despite it not being a metric unit.

If you want the viewing distance numbers than fine.

4k res at 80" needs roughly 2 to 2.3 meters viewing distance

8k res at 80" is 0.7-1.3 meters

For normal viewing distance most people like 3-4 meters, which would require 200" + at 8k.

And how is the "optimal viewing distance" calculated? I often find that this kind of thing effectively varies from person to person.

It assumes 20/20 vision, so you're correct, it will vary from person to person, it's a recommended viewing distance, so it is trying to be as broad as possible to be optimal for the most people.

Outliers will always exist, i'm sure someone with super eyesight could sit further back and have the same visual acuity as another person sitting at the "optimal" distance.

this

Do we even have any 16K video?

Not until there's content for it worth consuming
there's still not enough 4k content to make it worth switching

You mean 8K content

Attached: imageproxy.png (983x441, 697K)

If you're implying that's what 4:2:0 looks like you're a fucking idiot, or just a piece of shit trying to mislead others.

That's a 4:2:0 display attempting to display 4:4:4 content and failing, causing the blurry fuzzy image.

Actual 4:2:0 content does not look like that.

>When it's playing video it magics more detail into existence through the power of prayer and pure thoughts.

No fuck head, when it's attempting to display 4:4:4 content on a panel that can only display 4:2:0 content it's obviously going to fuck up and cause the image to be fuzzy and unreadable.

If you display 4:2:0 content on that same display, it would look a lot fucking better.

Like I said, you yourself are either a complete idiot, or you're simply trying to fuck with other people.

>>XD
>XD
XD

>panel that can only display 4:2:0 content
You have no idea what you're talking about, at all.

Nigger you can't magically rebuild 75% of missing chroma out of thin air. At best you get something like pic related.

That actually makes this worse because hdmi transmits 4:4:4 video you stupid shit. If tye panel has chroma sub sample that video signal then that means it further chroma sub-samples already chroma sub-sampled video.

Why the fuck did samshit think this was ever a good idea?

Attached: 116334_Chroma-Examples.jpg (600x600, 75K)

It would be perfect as a desktop monitor.

No nigger, that would be you.

Samsung 4k panels can't display 4:4:4 content, at least the older ones from like 2015/16
Since almost all media besides PC sources use 4:2:0, it doesn't matter for a TV.

For a computer monitor, 4:4:4 is required for text legibility and such.

If the panel doesn't support 4:4:4 inputs, why the fuck would it magically not look like shit when display on such a panel?

LG panels at the time DID support 4:4:4, which is why you see the comparison image you posted earlier It's showing that the LG is usable for a computer that needs 4:4:4, where the Samsung isn't, since it only supports 4:2:0 sources, it's still a good TV, but unusable for a computer.

>>>XD
>>XD
>XD
XD

Panels don't display YUV, idiot.

That literally makes no sense. Why would they do something this fucking retarded?

No, I only buy a tv every 20 years.

>>>XD
>>XD
>XD
eggsdee

wait they look Korean

>>>>XD
>>>XD
>>XD
>XD
XD