The absolute state of Android devices

The absolute state of Android devices.

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/03/the-us-galaxy-s8-finally-gets-android-8-0-oreo-only-6-months-after-launch/

Attached: lessoldkek.png (839x747, 325K)

>caring about this retarded shit

Why would Google care, though? The older versions show ads just fine, that's all that matters.

Who gives a fuck? Samsung has so much extra shit in their version of android that directly comparing them is stupid.

As long as you get the security updates in a decent time frame, full android version updates have little to no relevance on samsung devices.

Because when peoples' Android phones don't get the newest features and emojis, they'll switch to iPhones and then Google can't show them anywhere near as many ads

>I need the latest version of botnet
It's always the clueless retard normies and shills who are bringing up this bullshit. Name a single thing you miss from the newest version.
>b-b-but muh secuwity upgwades
Sad

it's hilarious watching to android retards try to justify your shit OS not even getting security updates. this is truly sad.

>Name a single thing you miss from the newest version.
muh secuwity upgwades

Thanks for reminding me to check for the update.

Security updates are delivered independent from OS updates, so nope.

Unless they were to implement something totally new in the OS update, but that would be something else, and something that has happened in awhile.

Unless you were smart and bought an internationally unlocked S8. Been on 8.0 for like 5 months now.

>Security updates are delivered independent from OS updates
What? No they aren't

>the latest emojis
top fucking kek

Yes they are, my Note8 is on Android 7.1.1 but is on February 2018 security patch.

I didn't magically need 8.0 or 8.1 to get the monthly security patches.

>smart
>pay $999.99 for a fashion accessory that helps government to spy on you

>
>Yes they are, my Note8 is on Android 7.1.1

kek

OP you're baiting too hard.
That or you obviously don't know how manufacturers ship Android in their phones.

Wrong retard, they'll switch to stock Android phones.

Attached: 1513694631777.png (718x354, 328K)

Good job retard, also, again it literally doesn't matter what android version a samsung phone is on since samsung's skin is so far from stock android.

Samsung had split screen apps YEARS before stock android did. Why exactly do you think anyone using samsung would care about a newer version of android? Unless it actually adds something useful, which 8.0 and 8.1 haven't at all....

Think it slows it down to save battery like apple?

>using lagdroid cell phone
>calling others "retard"

my god why is this shithole full of pathetic imbeciles that only care about consumerists' shit
this is just sad

>they'll switch to stock Android phones
I doubt that considering stock android at this point just feels uncustomizable as fuck unless you're a power user.

Most people I know hate stock android and love samsung because samsung has tons of themes and other shit already built in.

If you want a pink floral theme throughout the entire OS, samsung lets you do that in under 30 seconds from the moment you unlock your device after unboxing it.

For out of the box experience, samsung is king of android, and from pure hardware perspective, samsung is also king.

About the only thing stock android has going for it is that because of how bare minimum it is to samsung's version of android, it still can run smoother than samsungs offering, but phone hardware is making that less and less of a factor each generation

The S9 is pretty damn close to a Pixel 2/2XL smoothness, though they still edge out slightly.

>Using gayshit phone

>intentionally slows down your device
nice try laggle

You dumb shithead security updates are NOT tied to OS updates.

Oreo came out 213 days ago
Nougat came out 577 days ago

Attached: Capt12ure.png (873x722, 67K)

Which just shows a lot of people are on older phones and have no interest in buying a new one because their current phone still works fine.

>tfw stopped gicing a shit because everything after 6.0 has been samey

I would rather stay with older OS if it means that my phone is running smoother. OTOH, Apple has pretty much crippled my iPhone SE with the latest OS.

Is it possible to outright block all OTA updates for my ATT Note 5?

>only way to stay up to date is to buy a new phone
that's the problem

Enable developer mode and toggle off "Auto Update System"

It's not a problem since the new OS updates don't add anything to older devices anyway.

The new updates generally add support for new hardware, none of which matters to old hardware running an older android version.

Meanwhile shiteFon Ecks rips your already sparse nu-hair out in bushels.

Attached: 1517812953318.png (980x940, 347K)

samshit toddlers are the same as isheep i swear

>having long hair

I wish they wouldn't. They just make developres' lives harder for no perceivable advantage.

>have to cuck your hair so it doesn't get ripped out by your ayy fone

lmao

Attached: 20170802_03.jpg (717x1024, 186K)

Not an argument

Samsung BTFO

Attached: Screenshot_20180322-204857.png (1440x2880, 203K)