/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/5XrUEbBK

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Attached: 1521687063209.jpg (1500x2121, 1.81M)

Finally some feet. I want to rub these sweaty soles on my cock.

are those k701

Feetfags are the worst

Can I use yours cutie?

I'm not a girl (male or female).
What are you, gay?

Hey that's my wife

We are all anime girls on /hpg/

How new are you?

If you were an anime girl, I bet your manga would get canceled.

Alright you fellow audio homos. I know I don't need 'em, but I sure am tempted to pull the trigger on pic related... Yea or nay? What says you?

Attached: T2.jpg (700x465, 132K)

>I know I don't need them
kys faggot. Save up for stax

akg, tea, and pocky not too bad

Attached: IMG_20180305_221913352.jpg (2080x1170, 1.35M)

Attached: 20180320_152238-1.jpg (2582x1936, 1.59M)

Cool, thanks. I think I'll need to be looking for something other than stax for portable use, though.

>HD600
Nice perfect sound mattress that you just want to sink into and stay there, user.

>Perfect sound mattress
That isn't saying much, user

Was thinking the same thing. Does it catch all that yummy plankton?

Attached: IMG_20180322_175242766.jpg (2340x4160, 2.68M)

my friend is getting his L300LE next week. meanwhile I have no clue when I'm getting mine

Attached: whatdoIdo.jpg (500x430, 52K)

>meanwhile I have no clue when I'm getting mine
Make good mental notes of what life and existence felt before you fell for the meme.

>before you fell for the meme.
but I started the meme

lol schiit can't even keep their case finishes uniform

Attached: nDahsNh.jpg (2419x3226, 858K)

>schiit
lol

Do you not know what brushed aluminium is?

I cancelled my order lmfao

Attached: _20180322_152638.jpg (2132x2448, 860K)

yeah I figured you canceled and grabbed the 007. I'll probably eventually grab one as well. how do you like it?

it sounds worse than the SR507

well, yeah. the brushed aluminum case on the left looks different (worse) than the brushed aluminum on the right

in what way

Attached: 3D2B.jpg (768x1024, 92K)

You do realize that the finish differences are the result of trying to make old tooling work despite needing to be replaced to maintain consistency, right?

Not enough treble

Attached: 007.png (3016x1270, 221K)

You're probably not trolling are you?

Or somebody just didn't hold it under the wheel long enough. You know since it's brushed...

well, yeah. it's the hd6x0 of stax. people don't like it because they think it's too unremarkable and not an impressive sound. you'd like the 009 better. I'll probably end up making my own estat though after buying a 3d printer, and when the l300le gets here it gets here

It has less treble than the HD600, even. It sounds sort of like a more detailed LCD2. After EQ its nice though, I've only had it for a day now so obviously my opinion may change.

Does knowing she isn't real hurts?

so is it acceptable for units to have wildly different finishes?

>I've only had it for a day now so obviously my opinion may change.
ehhh you already know what you like at this point so I doubt it. you should give a shot at making your own estat it's not hard. or swap for an l700 which is between the 009 and 007.

Attached: gaipyx7zg7dgoc4a0ud1.jpg (800x533, 63K)

You need to see how brushed aluminum is done, champ. That process doesn't allow for the exact same finish.

>I like spending money on products that arent finished well, whether its due to laziness or stupidity, its fine with me!
Schiit owners are retarded, just like their factory employees.

How is it not finished well?

Meh. Save up ur bux and go for something baller, like the Dunu Falcon-C.

You didn't answer the question

I think I'm done with the headphone game for now. I'll probably not buy anything over a hundred bucks for the foreseeable future.

I did by trying to educate you. I failed.

>Dunu Falcon-C
Poor fagshit.
Save up for the Campfire Vega, user.

Attached: 1_000000108225.jpg (600x600, 61K)

So was that a yes or no? Wasn't user, btw

How is not using the wire wheel for the same amount of time fine?

How is using old wire wheels fine?

Why are you defending people who cant even wire brush something well enough to maintain a consistent finish from unit to unit?

I was trying to stay relatively in his ballpark, but yeah, he'd be better served by an Andromeda or Vega. Or even an Orion.

It was read a book nigger.
>Why are you defending people who cant even wire brush something well enough to maintain a consistent finish from unit to unit?
Because you posted a cellphone picture and are bitching about not being able to post pictures to reddit because the finishes don't match.

Ah, so you didn't answer it at all :^)

I dont even own any schiit products, I didnt post that picture.

I just know enough about machining to know that brushed aluminum finishes are very consistent if you dont have incompetent monkeys working a wire wheel or you arent a cheap ass trying to use wire wheels with wires 1.5 inches long.

Keep defending them though, its great fun.

Gotta ask, is anyone else into the Koss Pro 4AA? I picked these up a few years ago, and love them.

Downside, they take some adapters to work with computer outputs and you have to replace the foam every couple of years.

Attached: koss-pro-4aa-xl.jpg (600x458, 31K)

make one with me :3

Plenty of them at the recording studio I occasionally work at. They're hot garbage and you might as well be deaf or completely ignorant of any other headphone if you enjoy them, sorry.

Attached: 1503031081981.jpg (480x640, 155K)

Sorry I didn't drop the conversation down to a level low enough so your ignorance can participate equally.
>:^)
>that brushed aluminum finishes are very consistent
You don't own or know anything then. Since every brushed material I have is clearly different. And not just in the scratches.

>Keep defending them though, its great fun.
Why does your kind jump to this conclusion every time I make a comment about Schiit?

Attached: fc3f2634ce53aac1b88cf3cbb75f4817.jpg (868x1227, 1.24M)

Because generals attract autists, and he's an autist.

so im finally thinking of getting a headphone amp, and i found this that comes with both an amp AND a dac. what are your thoughts on it, the Aune X1S? around $250 ill get it

Attached: cap.jpg (1500x1500, 127K)

>I dont know that one of the most basic tenants of good machining is consistent surface finish because that is the first thing any potential product owner sees
>I think having wildly inconsistent finishes is not indicative of poor machining or poor tooling
>rather it is part of the machining process!
Oh you're just retarded, thats sad.

Stick with a Schiit stack or something from JDS labs.

For fuck sake, i though this was the fat people thread on /fit/.

Dumb anime poster

>>I dont know that one of the most basic tenants of good machining is consistent surface finish because that is the first thing any potential product owner sees
>brushed surface
>machining
Thanks for confirming you're a fucking idiot kiddo.

Attached: 1488049902635.gif (500x375, 1.41M)

What on Earth gave you that impression?

>anime
Congrats you got me if you were trolling.

>cartoon network anime

>a brushed surface isnt applied in the machine shop after the shitty chinese cnc they use spits out the part
Oh then pray tell where is it done if it isnt done in the shop?

Ooh! Call him gen z next!

All Japanese cartoons are the same :^)

Though this was a fat belly frowning, the numbers like L300 and others looked like actual weight in lbs. I need glasses. sorry for the blogpost.

Attached: 1521103602180.jpg (1023x932, 153K)

>Left is brushed
>Right they forgot to brush
Well done schiit.

lel don't be sorry if you mean it. I get they're dated and probably not great to wear 9-5, especially for anyone working in a field that needs super-high fidelity. I just really like old shit.

>a brushed surface isnt applied in the machine shop after the shitty chinese cnc they use spits out the part
You can do a brush finish on the shitter. I mean an American shiitter. Not that 3rd world shit you have where you have to squat. Though you could probably still do it since it just takes some scotch pads.
Do I have to explain what adult swim was again gen z?
It's a game dipshit.

Attached: 1486313115116.webm (982x554, 2.82M)

>I just really like old shit.
so get stax

>Do I have to explain what adult swim was again gen z?
>unironically being proud of watching adult swim

Attached: 1507658465316.png (499x338, 38K)

>It's a game dipshit
Oh wow, they make Japanese cartoon games now?

>factories which make things on a production scale should be expected to have surface finish inconsistencies that are wildly different!
>I will still gladly buy things like this because I dont know any better!
>When someone points out that I am retarded for it I will call them a 3rd worlder!
Brainless consumer.

Good luck with your sight, brah.

They had good shit.

Still assuming I'm buying Schiit products. Cute.

The square ones? I've never seen them before. They comfy?

Hilarious.

Here we go, absloute fucking newfag here, my Zx220bt just broke and I want to move into something decent with good bass, is for PC, not too unconfortable would be great, thats arround $75, closed, plse help an annon out.

>goes on a multiple post tirade defending poor manufacturing practices of a company
>n-n-no I dont own anything they make!

Ya not much moe shit back then.

Attached: 483284.jpg (1920x1080, 374K)

I recommend them. Doesn't mean I use them...

Holy fuck you're serious

Attached: 1502821534412.jpg (244x263, 54K)

Cool moe blob lesbian anime dude. Real great.

Thanks, I agree.

I'm more sorry that you own them. My headphones are nearly thirty years old, I understand the love for old things. But not those.

just look him up on the chart, that's all you need to know

Attached: 1520461749228.png (1248x872, 248K)

It's cancer.

Oh shiii-
They expensive as hell and have crazy connectors I've never seen. I'm a programmer, not a sound tech, I don't need that much.

>I'm a programmer, not a sound tech, I don't need that much.
there's a lot of us code jockeys in this hobby, we all listen to music while coding

That looks like fuzzy shit.

>n-n-no, I dont use them myself, I just think that others need to spend money on trash!
Why bother posting?

Attached: Outlaw Star.png (1901x1188, 3.25M)

Schiit isn't trash. I recommend them and JDS labs because of the price, specs, and being American made.
>That looks like fuzzy shit.
It's old anime.

You're cancer.

>Dunu Falcon-C
Those look nice alright, but seems they're designed to be worn cable up only (I'd prefer the option of wearing IEMs cable down too, as I wear glasses), plus they're way over my intended budget. Been kind of weary of spending too much on portable head/earphones. Not that I'm worried they'd break, get lost or anything, but there's always the increased risk of those with gear you use out and about.

>You're cancer.

Attached: 1458632390-169994063cc61334b01602a28a9da1ae.jpg (854x805, 403K)

shut the fuck up, you militantly defend schiit at every corner despite the measurements and build quality saying otherwise