Does anyone here feel like they've "grown out" of music?

Does anyone here feel like they've "grown out" of music?

I used to come here everyday, listen to an album or two everyday, read articles about music everyday. It's been a long time since I've cared. Maybe it's just me and my personal issues.

>tfw after the song ends I'm back in my room all alone
>tfw music is just a distraction from the reality I face
>tfw music is literally the audible jew

It was all a ruse user

I care less too but I don't enjoy anything more. I tried to get into literature and that mostly failed so I'm kind of stuck trying to enjoy things.

TOTALLY. I AM 40 AND SICK TO DEATH OF MUSIC AND THOROUGHLY BORED WITH ALL OF IT. IT DOES NOTHING FOR ME ANYMORE. YOU LOOK BACK ON IT AND IT IS ALL A WASTE OF TIME. A DISTRATION FROM THE PAIN OF BOREDOM AND PAINFUL FEELINGS. YOU WILL ALL COME TO THIS DAY WHEN YOU WILL SAY "YES I AM FREE FROM MUSIC'S HOLD, I AM NO LONGER IT'S SLAVE. I WOULD PREFER HEAVEN." LIFE AFTER 30 IS LIKE LYING ON A DEATHBED WAITING TO DIE, EXCEPT YOU'RE WALKING. SITTING OR STANDING INSTEAD. THE WHOLE THING WITH LIFE IN THIS WORLD IS IT'S JUST A MOULDING TOOL, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HAPPY. I SAY FUCK MUSIC AND THE FALSE DREAMS IT PROMISES US.

How do you "grow out" of music. The only way I think music could become less interesting is if you listen to so much of it that you refine your tastes so much it ends up causing you to outwardly enjoy very little of what music has to offer.

do any of you play any instruments or make any kind of music? you know there's more to music than sitting in your room by yourself all day on Sup Forums

>The only way I think music could become less interesting is if you listen to so much of it that you refine your tastes so much it ends up causing you to outwardly enjoy very little of what music has to offer.
Holy fuck, this is exactly what happened to me

I comes and goes in waves for me. I started coming here in 2008 obsessed with music, then it kinda slowed down and I stopped even browsing this board for like 2 years, then I came back really into music again, then I left again for like 3 years.

And now here I am.

no point the artist I listen too are already doing what I wanna do.

Try listening to something completely different maybe? I find with me it comes in cycles. Also, if you have an otherwise busy life it makes sense that you don't just listen to album after album obsessively day in and day out.

defeatist attitude fucking sucks and is antithetical to music

The audible jew my sides

Yes. It's sad, but i think i can get back to it. At least now i'm in a band and i play and compose something every week

Montie unclear on the concept of growing out of things explains the oasis love

>listening to music without the intent of making some yourself

yeap this definitely happened to me too

bullllllshit, the more you listen to music the more you can appreciate it, even if you also find a certain artist or style you like and value most

if you have no other hobby than listening to music, it's bound to get boring for some. take a break for a while, adapt new hobbies. I read, play vidya, write, fish, playing squash, etc. just find something else you enjoy then come back to it with a fresh mind.

once again mu fails to ask the relevant question:

OP, what DO you currently care about?

My 3 month old dog. Before that, absolutely nothing. I'm slowly coming back out of my pit and that's why I'm here. I hate how much I've faltered in the last few years

was there any reason in particular you fell into the pit?

No one reason, it was a culmination of things that happened. Just didn't want to deal with it all

would you say that your enjoyment of music roughly matched your quality of life in general?

as in, when your life was 8/10 you enjoyed it more than when it was 4/10