What does Sup Forums think about Steven Wilson?

What does Sup Forums think about Steven Wilson?

Edgy vegan boy.

Xbox is a god to me

He looks like Edward Snowden mixed with Kurt Cobain.

I actually dislike the shit out of Hand Cannot. I found it cheesy as fuck-especially the spoken word part.

Based mellow prog

I am extreme fanboy for his work work so I can't really speak with an unbiased opinion.

He seems like one of the most polarising artists on Sup Forums.

He is vegan?

Shut up

Don't even respond to him

Nothing new, but he does prog right. I like In Absentia, Grace for Drowning and Insurgentes quite a bit.

I absolutely love the raven that refused to sing and his album before that is growing on me, but hand cannot erase seemed a little too much steven wilson by the books he really needs to spice things up. Especially after 4 1/2, that was just too much of the same.

No one values your opinion.

Fantastic producer

Also check his site, he has patrician taste

I love his music. Biur I hate the fact that he is a jew sionist lover....

Roger Waters for the win.

Bait or not, I know he said he enjoyed his time living in Israel but hasn't he collaborated with some leftist Israeli? I think he also remixed some Muslimgauze songs too, but who knows if he actually looked into the guy's politics and agreed with them or not.

He was born in the wrong generation

God I forgot all about him.
Honestly he's just an overrated musician who thinks he's artistic because he failed to garner a mainstream audience despite desperately trying to.

Pretentious twat at times, but he makes some pretty good music.

Love Guthrie Govan so love Steve Wilson by extension.

YOURE NOT ALONE IN THIS TONIGHT

I honestly love his work, but I used to find it quite boring. Going into all his side projects and earlier Porcupine Tree albums was eye opening as to how much range he can cover musically. Sup Forums convinced me he was a rockist prog revivalist, and while his last two albums were almost direct renditions of King Crimson and Pink Floyd respectively, stuff like Signify and his work with IEM, Storm Corrosion and No-Man are quite uniquefor modern prog. And Raven and HCE are still great albums, not everything has to be completely original to be good.

Even if you don't like him, I think the one thing that should be agreed upon is that he's one of the best rock producers around. His own albums sound incredible, and his work with Opeth, Yes and King crimson, amongst others, is fantastic. He also has pretty wide taste if you look at his website and interviews.

Forgot to say, the one thing I dislike is that his lyrics have been invariably terrible since the 90s, despite his songwriting becoming more refined.

While he's much more understanding and respectable when it comes to being a leading figure in modern prog, he nevertheless contributes heavily to the biggest issue I have with the movement: all style and little substance. The classics could balance showy musicianship with investing songwriting, and when more and more progressive rock fans begin to see the genre as more dependent on and characterized by the former, the more that becomes an accepted substitute for the latter, and that's where so much modern and neo-prog fails.

He's the Jack White of prog

You sound like you're describing Dream Theater or something, he's never been much of a showy musician and his work (or at least the best of it) is much more subtle than most modern prog. He's more a producer than a musician at this point.

For some reason I can't stand Porcupine Tree but I love his solo stuff.

I liked him, when I was 16.

Now I find him cringeworthy, except for 2 or 3 songs.
His lyrics are especially shit.