Why does Sup Forums care about album covers so much?

Why does Sup Forums care about album covers so much?

It affects the music in no way whatosever

>Listening to music
We got a nu-male over here

it most certainly can.

Prove me wrong.

How so, mang?

Sometimes it's nice when the visual and sonic aesthetics match or compliment one another.

Sup Forums is mostly teenagers who care more about the image and aesthetic of music than the music itself.

It's an image board dumbfuck holy SHIT

>It affects the music in no way whatosever
wow you know nothing about music

because music taste directly correlates to a person's subjective experiences and personal context - what appeals to us is partly based on past history. so the aesthetics of a release can indeed bleed into our subconscious and affect how we perceive certain pieces of music. of course, this doesn't happen with everyone, but like i said it certainly happens to some.

For me it does. I form movies in my head listening to music and the cover effects that.

ill listen to an album even if i dont like the cover but if i dont like the cover they chose i have a feeling i wont like the music either. a lot of times this isnt the case but theres so much music around and it makes it easier to sift through with that in mind

I literally refuse to listen to something without good cover art. If they can't even come up with interesting cover art to represent their music, they probably can't come up with interesting music either.

Put in some fucking effort if you want someone to invest their time in you.

You have a point but you probably end up ignoring great albums because of that

Music is a fashion accessory

Album covers can draw me to an album or turn me away from it.
For example, I have not heard Badly Drawn Boy yet due to its fucking awful album art.
Also some album art gives off a feeling as to what the album will feel like.

A E S T H E T I C

Music store I go to has a huge selection of .50 cent albums I look through on the regular. Interesting album covers is all I really have to go off of.

I refuse to bother with an album that has the band members posing on the front of it.

I love that cover. It fits the music perfectly.

You have a point, but you might miss out on some good albums.

.50 cent albums? Shit. My record store bins are $2 and I have found some pretty cool shit in them.

Yeah, most of the albums I find are obscure shit that nobody wants, for good reason, but I've found some gems here and there.

This.
Every song on Spiderland tells a story and they're all black/white in my head because of the cover.

/mu is like 95% rockists. that's why.

Image matters

Every single one of these is better than the original, damn.

kek @ DiJ

>Every song on Spiderland tells a story and they're all black/white in my head because of the cover.
Same

Remain in Light would actually look sweet if it was statues of the members

is that Death in June album even changed

>death in june
Inst that death in june cover the original one?

>Not going for the full artistic multi-media extravaganza

Generally, I'm more likely to listen to something if it has a good cover. I'm more likely to eat food that looks good too. If it looks like shit, that doesn't mean it's shit. If dozens of people tell me it's good, I'll still probably give it a chance, but first impressions are a big deal.

pic related, favorite album cover

>that's the joke

album covers are important because they give you a good understanding on what the album will be like. even if it isnt its still nice to see what thoughts or ideas were going through the artists head at the time of making the album.

album covers like body shots of the artists make me think no effort was put into the album.

simplistic album covers always work best imo, pic related

kys

It's a concise visual representation of an hour's worth of experience. Every book you finish has a cover you'll probably remember, but with music the cover is even more standardized. So seeing a cover you know well in Sup Forums (or anywhere) instantly recalls that positive or negative musical connection.

You're lucky bro. I can never find his stuff on vinyl.