Tfw just bought a 55 inch Hisense 4k TV from walmart for $300

>tfw just bought a 55 inch Hisense 4k TV from walmart for $300

how much of a retard am i folks? i mainly

Attached: 1521779824233[1].jpg (450x450, 31K)

$300 isn't a bad price. When it goes out in a year and a half, you'll be able to find another decent deal then.

Is it really gonna go out

not by itself

i bought a 43" hisense about a year ago and haven'd had any issues with it

im debating whether or not to get a warranty onit

>Hi I'm super smart
Something about that sounds chinky.

you mean an extended warranty? no

It's chinese garbage, i'd be surprised if it lasted past the 1 year mark. probably doesn't actually display 4k.

i got a 1080p 40in hisense, and it's been working fine for 2 years.

Hisense owns Sharp now if that's any consolation. Regardless, build quality isn't complete garbage but don't expect it to last forever. And support is shit-tier. Getting parts takes forever. If it breaks, buy a new one.

While we are on the subject anyone have a good recommendation for a 70" 4ktv. I don't need or even really want it to be smart. I just want the best picture quality for my dollar.

Attached: 1510676323219.jpg (3000x2000, 1.78M)

>Hisense owns Sharp now
They have a license to use the brand on TVs in the Americas.

Some Hisense tvs actually got a decent rating front consumer reports.

It's far from a top of the line tv, but they've gotten a better reputation in the last few years, defo better than tcl, sharp, Westinghouse, etc.

Attached: c6dc8707f1313cda7661eb4a6872922e.jpg (570x497, 77K)

Samsung 6300 2017 series. Cheapest decent picture you can buy, 400ish for a 50 inch, 900ish for 65-70inch.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 129K)

>supporting the price gouging Sup Forumsooks
I'm going to pass on that .

It's a good price, but you will be lucky to get 3 years out of it.

You mainly what...?

Also they're ok. Shit software. But it's worked for a few years

>dogshit tv with shitty nits because plebs don't know what nits are
>dogshit panel probably VA
>dogshit tv response times even worse because it's an offbrand tv
>not OLDED or QLED
>shitty color gamut because plebs don't know what those are either

They're not that bad. Same quality as low end Samsung MU6300 and LG. I have a sharp branded one. Amazing picture, not sure how long it'll last though.

I bought a £1600 65" 4k Samsung and only use it to watch anime. You're less of a retarded than me.

Attached: IMG_20180224_075917.jpg (3968x2976, 1.04M)

>muh chinky garbage durr hurr
You don't know what you are talking about. I've had a 50 inch 4K Hisense for a couple of years now. Stunning 4k visuals which does (of course) work probably, smart functions work fine, even has a satellite TV decoder, and the price was extremely competitive.

Where's all the glorious 4K content?

Amazon and Netflix both have some, and it does HD just fine. It was pretty much the same price as an HD set.

Not that much of a retard.

Just don't expect any frills like soap opera mode.

4k has basically replaced 1080p in the US, there's only a slight premium for new 4k TV's over new 1080p TV's with similar features.

>How much of a retard is OP
Depends on what your goal is. If it's buying something that displays a picture then you did ok but if it's trying to get something that is aggressively priced AND is considered a good TV by credible reviewers then you dun goofed.
>The equivalent of bragging if buying a Hyundai Accent and fishing for compliments that they bought a car that is as good as a Toyota Corolla

I bought a tcl S43405 refurbed for $280, waiting for it to come in the mail today. 60hz, 4:4:4 chroma, va panel, and 15ms input lag. Aside from higher refresh rates and adaptive sync, what's the point in getting traditional monitors anymore?

Attached: 1511857577910.png (1280x800, 506K)

Aren't those RGBw panels.

RGBw, 60Hz and 8+2 bits.

>smart tv

Attached: 1516315178046.jpg (400x582, 33K)

Seems impossible to avoid that shit these days.

I spent $800 on the last TV I got which was years ago, it looked and still looks great but I legitimatley NEVER even use the thing. If you got yours for $300 and you like it and use it, then you're fine.

don't expect to get more than 6 months out of it since the backlight lifespan is awful

Why don't you #loveme $user? I have Twitter™ integration and a camera that's always on, it's only used for deciding if anyone is still watching or not, that's all. :)))

Exactly. I bought a tv myself some weeks ago and there were no offerings for anything that wasn't 'smart' unless it was a tiny little tv. Even then the majority of those had some smart capability.