This woman just ruined autonomous vehicles for probably the next 5-10 years

>this woman just ruined autonomous vehicles for probably the next 5-10 years
Why are they even allowed to drive?

Attached: Screen-Shot-2018-03-21-at-9.55.23-PM-980x624.png (980x624, 217K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=self driving car
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

False flag from trucking/taxi industry

And fat too.
Probably stuffing her face with donuts not paying attention.

Good

they haven't ruined fuck all

the person who walked into the middle of the road with no reflective clothing in the middle of the night wearing black is the retard who deserved to die.

she wasn't wearing black she was wearing a red and yellow jacket.

the cars suck just accept it.

>woman

She came into view within a second of collision, even a human with the best reaction time couldn't of braked accordingly.

Does anyone have a clear understanding of which companies are leading the autonomous vehicles race? There seems to be a million of them working on it now

>lidar and radar either didn't work or weren't installed on the vehicle
>this is somehow not ubers fault for being morons

"""""woman"""""

it's the car industry in general too

>YOUR FREEDOMS
>DRIVING A CAR IS LIKE BEING FREE
>YOU WERE MADE TO DRIVE CARS AND BE FREE

video is artificially darkened and contrasted to save their ass

OR HOW ABOUT YOU AND YOUR STUPID NIGGER CYCLIST FRIENDS DONT JUMP OUT IN FRONT OF CARS FAGGOT, HAVE YOU ACTUALLY SEEN THE VIDEO? THERE WAS ABOUT A 1.5 SECOND VISIBILITY, NOT EVEN ENOUGH TO REACT FOR MOST INATTENTIVE DRIVERS, LET ALONE FOR A CAR TO BREAK FROM 100KM/H
FUCK YOU AND YOUR CYCLIST FAGGOTS, JUMP IN FRONT OF A CAR AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS

>watch video
>guy in dark clothing jaywalking down dark road in the middle of the night
>gets hit by car

Meh, it's irrelevant. Nobody said self driving cars were magic. Any human driver would've hit the guy, too.

UBI or else we're going to need to cut your throats you bougie garbage

a fucking tranny

Attached: 15035050000.jpg (316x316, 12K)

>nightvision only works on a landwhale who just playing with her fucking phone

Attached: tyrone.jpg (620x670, 52K)

debatable, we have to base this off their grainy low resolution video. The camera focuses too much on the lamp post lighting and makes it seem like anything beyond that is invisible.

>dark road
The road isn't actually dark, the footage is poor and possibly edited. Good job falling for the disinfo

google has been doing it for 15 years...

That's a soy boy man.

no butts. The autopilot supposed to be better.

yes but Lidar is supposed to detect that person even if it is night. A human wouldn't have time to react but we don't have Lidar inbuilt into us.

Good.

t. Trucker making 120k a year

From what we have seen the exposure for the dash cam seems to be a bit low and makes the visibility look worse than it would have been for the driver.

Mind you, this is debatable, people who have driven through the same area and recorded the lighting conditions could have had their exposures up higher so that it looks brighter than it would appear to a person.
It is best to assume somewhere inbetween and a major contributor is the fact that the driver wasn't paying attention.
This isn't the only contributor, though. Going 40mph in that area, the person crossing where they shouldn't be crossing and the car not detecting them were all contributors to the accident.
If any of those four factors were not present there wouldn't have been an accident.

>being stupid mutt'
>being awooman
>being obese
>somehow it's a fault of a technology
"""people""" these days, my ass

Not for long you unskilled fat fuck

Yeah, it's not Uber's car that fucked up when it did not see the pedestrian outside break distance and did not pull the brake when she was already clearly visible.
That "woman" is the issue. Fuck xer

Dash cams have a small IR LED to provide light in the dark.
If you want to light up the road in a similar manner you need a lot more LEDs. Basically a huge IR floodlight.

>t. buttblsated NEET
Delicious

>hurr durr auto cars are better than humans because they have lidar and computer reaction times and such
>IT DID ABOUT THE SAME AS A HUMAN STOP COMPLAINING

Goalposts are moving faster than a homeless woman at the front of an automated car

60km/h (above speed limit) and it should have either seen the woman 2.1 sec before the crash, or should have driven according to how far it could see.

This is pretty much it.
The Uber CEO should have been aware that if the car fucks up, he can manipulate the masses to his side by darkening the image.

Maki is a tranny

Nvidia is doing pretty well

>(above speed limit)
It was going 38mph. The speed limit according to the initial report is 35mph. But the speed limit according to posted signs on Google Street View is 45mph.

Either way, 3mph isn't going to make much difference either in a crash or stopping distance. The issue is that it didn't appear to slow down at all, not the 3mph difference.

>woman

The 'driver' kept looking down at her phone. This was the issue. If she had been looking at the road she might have had time to brake. She should go to jail for this.

There'd certainly be an argument for it.
Drivers of automated vehicles are required to monitor the car and take over if it fails.
The driver was not paying attention to the road. I bet its foot wasn't even anywhere near the brake pedal.

Bless her. Corporate bullshit that endangers people when the technology isn't even remotely ready yet is no good.

vid?

What's the point of an automated car if a human has to drive it?

>woman
The absolute state of Amerimutts.

Self-driving cars are not a 100% proven or accepted technology yet. By law self-driving cars require a "driver" behind the wheel in the event that anything goes wrong. If something does go wrong, the driver takes over. In this case the landwhale behind the wheel wasn't paying attention and doing what they're supposed to be in place for

>couldn't of
couldn't have

>pushing a bicycle across a poorly lit road
>not wearing any lamps or reflective material
>not even near an intersection or pedestrian crossing area

The "victim" was asking to get hit. Fatty probably would've ran her over in a regular car too.

Attached: 1436258862909.png (629x653, 256K)

> a woman
that's a pig

grow up, user

Attached: 1521692409168.png (576x640, 369K)

What the fuck is wrong with Sup Forums now? Literally excusing jews for killing people with their (((futuristic (((technology)))))). You guys realize if you accept these retarded cars, you're next.

Just imagine all the people who will die in car crashes because autonomous vehicles are delayed. All because this disgusting bog beast couldn't be bothered to drag its diabetes-riddled gaze away from its phone.

Attached: 1335795890218.png (210x230, 17K)

>couldn't have
cou'na

Are nested echo quotes even a thing?

Futuristic tech is a mistake.

Human would react in time, and the eyes are better and would have had 4 seconds. Your grammar fucking sucks how much is your poo manager paying you?

Have you seen the video? The woman isn't even looking in the direction of the vehicle when crossing the street. It is easy not to get hit by a car, don't fucking walk in front of one that is moving like a moron. Unless the driver swerves off the road into a person or does not yield properly to a pedestrian in a crosswalk, it is the pedestrians fault.

Even then, the car should be able to react faster than a human and it didn't even start to brake.

are you trying to be funny and ironic?

(((funny))) and (((ironic)))

So it's assisted driving, not an autonomous car. How did she ruin autonomous cars for everyone then? She has nothing to do with them.

Hundreds of people are run over by regular cars every day, many crossing legally or not even on the road. Give me autonomous cars.

>What the fuck is wrong with Sup Forums now? Literally excusing jews for killing people
It's (((them)))

Install a gun to prevent crashes.

Yes.
It's entirely possible the pedestrian was drunk. That doesn't excuse them, of course, but as a driver you also have the responsibility to do everything within your power to avoid an accident.
That doesn't take away from the responsibilities pedestrians have, they have the same responsibility, but you can't just excuse the actions of the driver just because someone else was in the wrong.

For example, when you are reversing you are always at fault if you are in an accident.
So I'm reversing out of a park and there's a wall next to me and I cannot see what is coming, so I'm going very slowly and a car crashes into the back corner of my car without trying to go around me or stopping or doing anything to avoid the accident.
I'm still technically at fault but that doesn't mean that driver couldn't have done anything to prevent the accident and that's part of his responsibility as a driver. Just like I shouldn't suddenly reverse out from behind a wall into traffic.

Could anyone provide me a link to what's going on? for the people who watch 0 tv/news

The car can do all the driving on its own (allegedly, as we can see that isn't actually the case) but law hasn't been made governing autonomous cars yet, which is why the driver is still required for liability purposes.

lmgtfy.com/?q=self driving car

Will we be able to hack self driving cars?

if fatalities per mile are lower than human drivers it's better and should be mass adopted to save lives

it's not like the car swiveled in her path
people who walk in front of the car without looking - risk death
it's like elevator door opens and there is no elevator there - some people enter without looking and fall to their death, it's not a reason to ban elevators

>people who walk in front of the car without looking - risk death
DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO I LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Idiots will always fuck up things for the rest of us.

Sure but your example is not a pedestrian. It is not always easy to avoid getting hit by a car while driving a car, sometimes you have blind spots such as your example. But as a pedestrian it is YOUR responsibility to be careful when crossing streets to avoid cars. Sure, people should be mindful, but when you are crossing a street that has a speed limit >30, if you are so mindless as to not pay any attention to cars, you should have no expectation for drivers to stop for you, especially at night.

Anyone getting bike detection captcha now?
I found that interesting.
They absolutely should have kid detection aswell.

> you should have no expectation for drivers to stop for you
More like they must try to stop for you, but success isn't guaranteed.

Figures this is more likely to happen with self-driving cars eventually than with human-driven cars.

Stupid person steps out from the dark in front of a car on the open road and gets killed. It's the cars fault for not jamming on the brakes the moment it saw a person near the road and not the fault of the stupid woman who stepped out in front of the car which had headlights on.

>Anyone getting bike detection captcha now?

Attached: 1491630426705.gif (500x281, 597K)

Like I said, there is responsibility on both sides.
That pedestrian was at fault, but the driver also had a responsibility to be paying attention, and it wasn't.

honestly, anyone would run over that bitch, it's too fucking dark to see shit.
AI wins again, since now they will equip the cars with infrared cameras. Autonomous driving will be several times safer than humans.

I don't care what the text says. If there is a roadsign, I pick the roadsign.

Please someone edit the clip so that when the driver looks down it shows a cellphone with a captcha up "select all bikes".

I see your point but I don't think it justifies any prevention or delay of putting more autonomous vehicles on the roads. We shouldn't keep hindering progress to keep morons safe.

>driver shitposting on Sup Forums and solving captchas in realtime
>the captchas are what the car is seeing

Maybe that's what they need Sup Forums shitposters irl in the trunk?

>We shouldn't keep hindering progress to keep morons safe.
In the usa? Some chance of that happening.

Not even kidding. I had 3x yesterday. Hadn't seen any before that.

Good.
Im a luddite with regards to cars. Its a shame someone had to be hurt, but at least we wont have a fleet of ai controlled drone cars any time soon.
dystopia looms.

Attached: 1521313643581-g.jpg (800x557, 261K)

Sounds good to me.

>There are retards on Sup Forums who think it's a good idea to put government corporations like Google in charge of driving us around

If you don't like a higher chance of casualty due to less regulation, don't go to said country.

Attached: 1460213862186.jpg (500x375, 56K)

>I see your point but I don't think it justifies any prevention or delay of putting more autonomous vehicles on the roads.
It doesn't, apart from the fact that clearly the detection systems on that car weren't working properly.
They should have been able to detect the pedestrian in the dark before the driver had a chance of spotting them, it didn't and that's clearly an issue.
Whether that was a fault on the car, or a fault in the system as a whole remains to be seen.

Do you live in the sticks? Because everywhere else, traffic is fucking hell, and self-driving cars could probably quadruple traffic efficiency.

Is this going to be the dress all over again?
Her jacket was black.

Attached: cyclist.png (1087x567, 221K)

I don't think we will take preventative measures against AI until we see the consequences directly.
I'd much rather have incremental incidents rather than someone hacking the US/Russian deathbot9000 and nuking a major city.

uber had lidar on their cars

Clearly there was a problem with the AI or sensors. Normal humans might have missed the pedestrian but there's no way a fully radar equipped vehicle could have missed it.
Autonomous vehicles just aren't ready yet.

Attached: galaxy-note-2-burned-down-3.jpg (2448x1836, 474K)

Everyone was in the wrong in this video. The car, the driver, the victim.

The victim should not have crossed the road at that time and at that position, without any form of reflecting clothing. All bicycles should have mandatory reflectors like they do in some other countries.

The driver should have been paying attention and should not have looked at her/his phone while at the wheel.

The car didn't brake whatsoever during the event and clearly did not see the victim till after the accident. This means that the system clearly needs further refinement. IR cameras, better lightning or software are needed.

In this video everyone loses, and self-driving cars should use this event as a good learning moment. Which they surely will.

>kill a jay walker with a car
>get upset and blame technology for doing things that drivers do daily
LAND OF THE BRAVE AND THE FREE !

That pedestrian was damn stupid. He crossed the street like that, without paying attention

Yes, indeed I do. I dont want you city folk takin muh curz.
seriously though, live on a farm and for the sort of stuff we need vehicles for, a self driving car would flip shit. i couldnt imagine using one to tow a trailer across a field thats as level as the moons surface.

>I don't think we will take preventative measures against AI until we see the consequences directly.
I completely agree. I hope well still be able to enact those measures when the time comes.
> hacking the US/Russian deathbot9000 and nuking a major city.
oh jesus thats gonna be a reality soon. how long until nukes are autonomous enough to prepare themselves given only a target destination and the order to launch?

Attached: image.gif (600x255, 1.77M)

Pedestrians do stupid shit all the time. It's the driver's responsibility to pay attention to the road and expect people to run out in front of them. If the tech can't avoid hitting people who wander out onto the road then it's not ready. Period.

>amerimuts are so fucking stupid they think its the driver's responsibility to not hit them when they jaywalk
stunning

Attached: 1520769400625.jpg (224x224, 10K)

Maybe the car knew exactly what it was doing?

>self driving car
How can you blame the non-driver here? If the driver has to intervene then it's just as bad. Also there's no way a human could have avoided the pedestrian.

Other than that I agree.