What do you guys do when listening to a new album for the first time?

what do you guys do when listening to a new album for the first time?

Sit down in my recliner and listen to the album a couple times.

Not op but I still don't know what I'm supposed to do with my eyes.

usually listen

Listen to it.

browse Sup Forums, play vidya, watch netflix with the subtitles on

you're supposed to just stare at the album cover for an hour like they did in the old days user

i say "this sucks dick" then i proceed to listen to it 19 more times and love it

skip through the songs until I find one that catches my interest in the first 15 seconds, if not I toss it

this

Usually go on a walk and just focus on it. If it's long I'll split it up unless it's supposed to be played all together. I like to listen to an album like that at least once (going through my stuff again currently and trying to make that at least twice) if it warrants it, but I also often listen to music of shuffle or parts of an album before listening to it in full

hop in the whip & blast that shit up dawg

try and find time to give it my full attention

I'm usually in my bed when I listen to a new album for the first time, so I'm just either lying on my back with my eyes closed or sat upright thinking wtf am I gonna do today

>2016
>listening to music

Jesus Christ...

Recently I've been playing slither.io, but then I think it fucked up my Macbook battery so now I just do random internet things. When I'm near my Xbox I'll play Fifa or 2k, I found that casual video games are a good amount of distracting for listening to a new album.

This is what normals do. SO thats why every popular song has to be catchy and have a hook every 7 seconds.

I close my eyes and visualize what I'm hearing, it's pretty great. That, or I just do something as I listen to it.

Well i like listening to those during nighttime lying on bed ( bonus comfy if it rains outside)

kys

I listen to the album in full, lying upside-down against my bed while closing my eyes. I usually get up at least once or twice in the time that I'm listening to it, though.

Dude leave Sup Forums

Plebs

Listen to it in full.

If I find a song I like on first listen, I'll replay it maybe twice more to get it in my head.

Neat thread :3
If it's something I'm hyped for I like to wait for an occasion when I can play it loud without bothering anyone around me. I'm a lil' bitch so if I think my neighbors are being annoyed it takes away from the experience. Then when I play it I just lie on the couch or whatever, might even get up and move to the music if it's a banger.

bait please

Just browse Sup Forums + read news and shit idk.

In some cases I'll listen to an album for the first time on the way to uni, which is probably best for me taking it in properly

turn my phone off and disconnect the doorbell, meditate for two hours to clear my head of all other thoughts, lock myself in my hermetically sealed music absorption podule, plug the speaker outputs of my amplifier directly into my ears, hit play and then focus on every tiny detail while jerking off like a clockwork monkey

why you're not using headphones?

I mean I know thats bait but I know so many people who do that

Listen to the album. Sometimes use some cool visuals for music on Youtube to watch while I listen.

If the album gets a 7+ i'll re-listen, if it gets a 5-6 I may re-listen but not for a long while, when i'm in a totally different mind state.

If it gets a 4 or below i'm not gonna re-listen to it, because I have actual commitments in life and lots of albums to listen to and i'm not gonna waste my time listening to shite multiple times.

what.

found the plebe

If you don't do this you've basically never listened to music t b h.

if you could jst make comment

When I want to listen to vaporwave, I have this weird tendency to wait until it's at least midnight, drive to the parking lot of the nearest fast-food restaurant (doesn't have to be open, though) and jack off within the first ten or twenty minutes of the album starting. After that, I'll either go and get something to sleep there overnight. It's not a bad feeling, really—feels extremely nostalgic and poignant for some reason. I wish I could articulate it better.

With any other genres, it's the same as always—a set of speakers or my regular headphone-amp setup.

Don't have any good headphones at the moment plus I prefer the feeling of speaker, don't know why

isn't that kinda exaggerated?

>I'll either go and get something to eat or sleep there overnight; it's usually the latter.

sorry, phone cut me off

why are you even here if you dont like music

Just that, if I give a shit.
If not (most of the time) I'll just browse Sup Forums and rym and not pay any attention to the music whatsoever.

didnt said i dont like music , i said that meditating to it and masturbating to it is too much or atleast for me xD

4 2 0

no.
if you don't do those things you are a plebian of the highest order and should not be listening to music.

Pleb or not , ill listen to music as long as i enjoy it.

>xD

>2016
>posting gifs that don't move

Gonna try that, have any tips?

It's pretty common these days

this

i can't really visualise anything but the album cover when listening to music, (when trying to see what im hearing)

Close them you fuggin neckbeard

play cs go with sound disabled

first I read the P4K critique to understand how to listen to this new release.

They're joking you autist

I have to write a lot of papers for uni, so I'll typically have an album playing in my Internet browser while I work in a word processor. It's a great way to hear albums while doing something other than just nothing

surf Sup Forums, obvious.

Browse the internet. I'm checking out Matisyahu for the first time now, it's pretty good if a bit repetitive.

Playing GTA acting as a serial killer always works for me

This

Ew

wtf lmao. my friend does this.

move them to the beat

I wish I could just focus on an album without doing anything else. Instead I always have to be doing something else at the same time and I feel like I'm not giving it enough attention.

This is the right way

drink whiskey, forget world

>watch netflix with the subtitles on
why

>people implying there's something wrong with this
I don't even do this but if you get mad over someone doing this you have to be a child