Alternative to Gmail

I finally deleted my facebook. Now I really want to move away from gmail.

I don't want to run my own mail server. I don't mind paying a bit for a good service.

Is ProtonMail the best choice. I'm also looking at fastmail.com and mailbox.org. What are you guys using?

Attached: secure-email-225x225.jpg (225x224, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tutanota.com/
lavabit.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shit's autistic and pretty pointless but if you must ProtonMail is probably best, Posteo and Mailbox are also good

1) Regardless of which provider you use, Google, NSA, et al. will see and have every single thing you do via email.
2) Unless of course you use proper encryption, which renders the provider you use completely irrelevant.
3) You will not be able to convince any normalfags to learn how to use encryption properly or trust that they won't fuck up and completely compromise everything.

Attached: considerthefollowing2.jpg (640x482, 54K)

Good to know. Thanks

You're right. But I don't care so much about complete privacy as I do about big companies using my data as a product.

A year ago I would have said 'who gives a fuck?', but lately i'm thinking i really don't wanna be part of that.

>implying deleting Facebook will change anything at this point

I support trying to move away from Google by any means though.

pretty much correct - i'll elaborate though. given that the overwhelming majority of people use gmail, if you're having an email conversation with someone, your email will probably end up at google. this is regardless of whether you have your mail hosted elsewhere.

in saying that though, it's still worth looking around. there are providers that can offer you things like better support, if you're into that.

Gah, I used to care more. Today I'm buying Google products.

My data is being used, fine, some times I get useful personalized ads, sometimes it annoys me that me internet is restricted. It drives an economy that perhaps isn't a level playing field. But I'm not even a drop in the bucket.

I decided that I don't want to waste energy on the situation which I can't really change.

There are other disadvantages to gmail though: like if I am signed into gmail in one tab I am automatically signed in to any google services in other tabs i open. Maybe i want my email in one tab and choose to sign in to other services when i open them, instead of having my whole internet experience combined into one account.

What google products are worth buying? Serious question

google home

>hur dur let's do everything through an internet browser
Real people use an email client.

>2018
>email client
For what purpose

>deleted my facebook
lol keep dreaming

Cuck. You take it up the ass, you do you. Soyboy.

Email. Fucking idiot

Host your own

Cockli

Suck on Google's big cock

this
independently run by a faggot

kys faggot

Attached: merchant3.jpg (724x844, 255K)

This

I use protonmail for professional emails, cock.li for spam/bait emails.

brainlet here, from what I understand if I were to use something like ProtonMail, how can google still build a targeted profile for me? Wouldn't they just store my info as a random email address with no name associated?

came here to say this. shit, it even recommends cockli on Sup Forums's wiki, but clearly op is a fucktard so

Nexus 5/6/x/p and pixel 1/2?

>Wouldn't they just store my info as a random email address with no name associated?
They store your browser fingerprint and track you all over the web. Whether a name is associated with that fingerprint is pretty much irrelevant.

I like fastmail.com, I have to pay $10 a year for it tho.

I use paid fastmail. It's fine, conveniently they'll give you all the necessary records plug into whatever registrar to make your domain 100% up to speed with requirements without having to know any of it yourself which is nice. Calendar/Contacts syncing is all I wanted out of it too and that works without issue.

Basically this. But there is something to be said about de-googling. But yea as a rule assume all email is being stored and read by some glow in the dark nigga somewhere.

Fuck off moot. How much does google pay u to shill google products on your old site? Now we know what your job at google really entails

Is ProtonMail only encrypted to another ProtonMail account?

This is the true/g/entoomen's email provider. He even has normie friendly domain names if you need to use the email with relatives and co-workers.

I just scary for me see the cock.li became the unironically the best e-mail service in web?

Probably more than he got when was admin here.

cock.li

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
leaave NOOOW YOU'RE NOT WELCOME

Convenience wise because of Drive storage and office like features, Google is pretty good. Any particular reason you want to move away from it?
Not that any other company is different, I mean, unless you are one of those who jumped on the FOTM #DeleteYourSocialMedia

posteo.net/en

Attached: Posteo.png (803x432, 48K)

Good goy.
You've given up.
You're weak.

A couple options include:
Tutanota ( tutanota.com/ ); and
Lavabit ( lavabit.com/ ).

I recommend taking a look at Tutanota. But either one would be a solid choice.

Also, user, be careful when considering ProtonMail. I cannot trust them.

Why you no trust ProtonMail?

They've deleted accounts without court order before. In that specific case the account owner wasn't really innocent so idgaf but that kind of behavior still reflects badly on them and I can't blame people who don't trust them.

I think google only got him so they could brag about "reforming" him

>protonmail
>sigaint (tor mail)

>>protonmail
>>sigaint (tor mail)
Is sigaint still around? I thought that was long gone

For anyone that actually moved from GMail to one of these other services, did you lose anything in the process?

For example, labels, starred items, sent items, filters, read/unread state?

Any secure provider that I can use my own client with (eg. Thunderbird, K9 Mail)?

just use cockli, fucking easy to make new emails. protonmail sometimes asks for phones (atleast for me)

didnt use any of that in the first place. only a neanderthal wouldn't know where his old emails are

whatsapp is owned by facebook
spotify too
instagram too

cock.li with @airmail.cc domain

so you just left all the old emails on gmail without transferring?

how do you live

Does cockli run well these days?
I remember it being down and completely inaccessible for a few days about a year ago.

Spotify isn't owned by Facebook.

Mail.Ru

Attached: share-fp-f00850a92c.png (300x300, 3K)

>.ru

Going from one botnet right to the next one.

What?

I use Mail.Ru :3

Attached: share-fp-f00850a92c.png (300x300, 3K)

Haven't had any problems so far

cockli

dont really use email for anything important, if I do its usually a doc file or some shit that I download

I use paid Tutanota with custom domain. It's very good. Was going to pay for protonmail but read somewhere that they're SJWs so ditched them for Tutanota.

Cock.li (seriously)
Proton Mail
Probably because proton mails entire selling point is privacy and shit to keep the man off your back - unless you’re actually doing anything that would require keeping the man off your back, or your account name reflects a political view they don’t like, and that’s more than enough reason to not trust a company that builds its foundation on the idea that you can trust them to not get involved in your shit