/daily/ - Daily music discussion

It's the 2nd of November.

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, just let the good times flow.

topsters.net/
>resurrected, but [not] working (!)

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>fifth dimension for space-time memery (aka "music") ever since plug deejay was musically aborted

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>Site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Most importantly, get taste!

Previously on /daily/:

ancient picture my dud e
first for the T E A M M A T E S

for the ace

newb ratings
commie tier: mark and
piggy tier: bojangle
cringeworthy copypasta waifufag tier: shamepai
just fine tier: cometonabus
russki tier: letov
the rigged tourney man who returned tier:vinter
pleb tier: oneothe, tso
literally who tier: choof, khusrau, !QvWMvKKVLE

The fact that so many calendars still name the 2nd of October "the greatest or most significant or most influential" date ever only tells you how far /daily/ still is from becoming a serious meme

>commie tier: mark and
Does this mean I have """personality"""

''yes'', it's ''developing''

/daily/ is pretty serious meme tho

>mark
>personality
nah its just a façade, he's pulling the rug under all of you

/daily/ is a joke in the shitposting scene

I will keep up the Blue Note exploration. Anybody have some recommendations?
pretty sure khusrau is karenin/ketchupin etc
day ratings:
2nd of October
2nd of November
11th of any month
the rest

What does it all mean?

>newb

Btw you will probably pass into the second round because I still don't have a rec from nyarlantonsomething

how does one "rig" a tourney

The only Blue Note related thing I have is this massive compilation I got for Christmas a few years ago. Best Of Blue Note 100. Never actually properly listened to it, though.

What should I do with it, /daily/?

funny

"Thanks"
"Sure thing, pal"
Whaaaaat
Have you heard Ike Quebec's Bossa Nova Soul Samba? If not, reccing that.
By having one in the first place.

Which reminds me, Fisherman V.S. Snuffboy "reviews" coming up in a while

karenin is the mystery man of daily
memes
my album currently has a 9 while nyars got an 8 and nyar passed onto next lvl
expose urself
thats why it's ''personality''

Listen to it. Explore the artists whose songs you liked.

Well, that is obvious.

wtf that's worse than the guy arbitrarily giving out 3.51 stars

also, you can't just go around telling people to expose themselves
that's conspiracy

Well I looked it up on discogs, it's basically what it says it is. I don't know how familiar you are with blue note but if it isn't too much then you can use it to discover stuff. Other than that, there are some on sale for 20€ if you don't plan on listening to it still.
I've heard about blue and sentimental which I might do. I am not crazy about bossa nova.

>I am not crazy about bossa nova
Reasonable. I think the genre's pretty cool but it is something I have to be in the mood for.

>mfw looking up the tracklist on that thing

Yeah you should get on it.

Well, I already know half of the people on there. I am going to keep it because it was a gift from my parents.

Sorry, that reply was actually really mean.

I started the tourney 6 months ago, now I started enjoying a lot more Plays Standards so my rating changed from 7.5 to 9 but the rating in the tourney isn't updated.

I need a rec from you btw, nya is dead.

Restriction: the artist must be female/the band has to have a female member

I didn't think it was mean, it came across as a sort of sarcastic "D'oh!"

If you've heard most of the artists on it already then eh...

I'M FISH: Sweet Trip - Velocity : Design : Comfort

Cool album. The experimental parts of it were interesting. Good glitches and shit y'know. Unfortunately, I find that sometimes they got boring and monotonous. As for the pop parts of this album, they were pleasant and I really wish they had more of them. I'M FISH does not advance.

yamir: Various Artists - Katamari Damacy Fortissimo

This was so much more creative than I expected. Cool production, fun songwriting, a cute vibe and various other things make this the winning rec. I'd give it a 4 on my RYM if I hadn't stopped rating soundtracks. Might play the game because of this desu. Yamir advances.

Gonna do Movenglut and Torts' recs before the end of the month and we'll be on to round 3.

shitpost

congrats
that's the lowest effort shitpost so far

profound!

pleb tier for me is pinpoint accurate.

i agree with the sweet trip album.

still alive

It's efficient and sustainable shitposting.

hey post-feelist, I remember you posting in /classical/ when CLT was still around. Did you have an opinion on his tastes? Do you think he influenced the general by a lot?

wasn't me
never in my life have i posted in /classical/

gimme ur rym

WOW I just realized I've been confusing you with that trip that had "poly" in his name. Glad I got that cleared up at least

poly-style is cool, don't know why everyone hates them

I'm not post-feelist or poly but I lurked/posted as user in /classical/ for a while when the old classycool trip gang (R.I.P ;_;) was still there. I think CLT influenced the general when it came to memes and shit. I don't know about taste (cause I didn't even listen to much classical anyway) but he did have this chart with rutracker links that would get posted.
The meme surrounding him is that he's a clown without jest or something along those lines.

For som reason, I ended up on my ex-girlfriends Instagram just now. I do not think I have felt true hate this much in a long time, it honestly took me by surprise.

Music for this feel? Or just listen to Cardiac Strain by Aube?

That would be harsh noise if I'm not mistaken. Noise is good hate music.

Good idea.

Oh yeah, I remember that chart. CLT's abridged guide or something of the sort. Cool guys, just like weebteam it's sad to see them go.

Oh man weebteam. That was entertaining stuff. Too bad I was too new to comprehend what was going on when I first saw them. Was GJ part of weebteam? I remember him being the major/frequently posting hated trip for some time in 2014 and I know I certainly disliked him before. Nowadays, not really.

Yeah man, weebteam had the best sense of humor. They were the perfect manifestation of trip-culture.

I didn't get to know GJ too well before he left so i cant give you a definite answer but I did enjoy talking to him while he was here. Him and Friendo posted in /daily/ for a bit, it was a nice time though I do remember having to delete one thread after it barely started since it was spiralling out of control.

Tbh I thought you were GJ when you first started tripping because in my mind only he was capable of causing such a stir so quickly despite being new.

>i cant give you a definite answer
I just found a thread in the archive where I talked to bkb about weebteam and yeah he was in the team.
>Him and Friendo posted in /daily/ for a bir
Really? Damn. That's pretty cool.
>Tbh I thought you were GJ when you first started tripping because in my mind only he was capable of causing such a stir so quickly despite being new.
I saw some comparisons before. The difference between GJ and TE aside from taste, name and other obvious stuff is that GJ was completely sincere(?)

kekkerino, if I can go a whole year without realizing post-feelist isn't poly, then I'm not even surprised I thought you were GJ.
This bear has alzheimers

yoooooooooooooooooo

good get

GAAAAAAAWWWWDD DAAYYYUUUUUUMMMNNNNN

why did the most cancerous thread on this shit board have to get the get

fuck you i'm fucking sticking a shotgun barrel in my ass and pulling the trigger

at least it wasn't kpop general

FOR DA COMRADEZ

kpg is harmless

damn son

Thank you lads, I have 603 to thank for this

~minermonster

Damn

I feel bad that I didn't particularly like this at first. It has some really gorgeous moments and it's very playful.

What are some records that took you some time to appreciate?
Nice digits.

A recent one was In Motion, by Richard Poole / Marilyn Crispell / Gary Peacock.

hey i saw darius brubeck (dave's son) play live with a quartet not long ago

it was badass, he killed it. although he played a lot of 'the hits' from his father, which was a bit like "yeah, whatever". really funny guy on stage, too, he cracked loads of jokes

I found that record some time ago while looking for 2016 releases, but I didn't pay much attention to it as I am only somewhat familiar with Peacock. It's worth a listen then?

That's very nice to hear. Though I doubt he'll come near where I live, I will keep that in mind.

tfw no neat gigs near me

Definitely.

Sicc post number meme.

is that a phil elverum comic

No, it's discout Megg, Mogg & Owl.

am i gay

Probably.

nice emo lesbian

have u honestly not heard midori aratamemashite?

good bears get rewarded

bye user~

well, do u like boys?

oh..

yeah! i like music too

ni c e
oh wow hey prisma

yeah you're pretty gay then

i don't like big hairy men though just twink types and well groomed office workers, is that still gay

today i listened to andrew chalk by the way

my tripcode is 3 years old today

what am i doing with my life :T

mostly same, yeah it is absolutely gay
gratz

Being a patrician

Happy trip birthday btw

Nope, didn't hear it ty

>is that still gay
Of course it is, that just means you have taste

Watcha listen to now /daily/?

I'm listening to Ray Barretto's Acid at the moment. I'm really enjoying it but I have no idea how it ended up in my saved section on Spotify. Doesn't matter. It's great so far.

That should go without saying at this point.
24 down, 39 to go.

Acid is pretty fun.
I'm listening to this.

where should I go from siouxsie & the banshees? i fucking LOVE the whole post-punk gothy thing with female vocals

i already have strawberry switchblade queued up

Are Casiopea the quintessential Japanese jazz fusion band?
It is indeed fun. Is that album fun?

i'm at work listening to this Beat Happening compilation Look Now.
I'm extremely hungover
pic related

I dunno, I'll need to listen to more japanese fusion jazz to tell.
Hopefuly they have smaller bodies of work.

It's not particularly fun but it's beautiful, especially if you have a thing for medieval music like me.

Beat Happening are starting to seem like the essential twee band on /daily/ to me.
I should probably listen to some more Japanese fusion jazz. That Casiopea link you posted to torture partygoers with was really fun so I'll have to check something of theirs out sometime.
I don't believe I've listened to much if any medieval stuff so yeah I should probably do that sometime.

please respond

Strawberry Switchblade has an entirely different mood but is nonetheless amazing so don't remove it from yr queue.

Maybe check out Chelsea Wolfe if you haven't already?

I guess, the weed dude loves them and i've just been mentioning them all week

I dunno man. Maybe The Slits? By the way, Strawberry Switchblade are synthpop. Really good synthpop though so do what Term said and listen to it anyway.
Maybe it's just a vocal minority like you and weed lad.

they're so good ;__;

I'd suggest you go for pic if you want to give the ma fair try.So far it's as good as they have gotten.

they really are

What's this screenshot from?