Why you dont have any certs senpai ?

Attached: cicso.png (225x225, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/ESPRESSObin-SBUD102-Single-Computer-Network/dp/B06Y3V2FBK/
isc2.org/Certifications/CISSP/Prerequisite-Pathway
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have CCNA1 but I cheated, I feel bad...
I want to get the next ones but I will get them legitimately. But it cost money and time.

Don't need any

Sec+, CCNP, CISSP, RHCE and OSCP

come at me bro.

I got Sec+ too but what cert should I go for next in regards to progressing within the cyber sec field?

Because certs are for IT retards too dumb to do real work?

isn't like, BS in CS with network/security emphasis beats every single cert combined? And probably takes less time to complete.

Maybe 30 years ago.

a degree opens doors, but certs show your current technical relevancy.
My previous coworkers has A+ from the 90's. Wow what a fucking accomplishment to know IDE drives in 2018

>a degree opens doors
I like looking through open doors.

licking windows too huh

That's all a degree taught me to do.

CCNA/CCNP
i could go for CCIE but I have a 6 figure income and i can work from home so i don't really care at this point.

I let my CCNA expire because it wasn't really doing shit for me as a Sysadmin.

I've got my PMP, SSGB, and I'll have my Linux+ Shortly. May get RHCA or CE in a bit. I'll probably get my Scrum master cert because it will be super easy for me and at that point depending on what my job allows for I'll push more for Cloud or Security certs.

Ultimate goal is a management level DevSecOps position.

Thinking Linux cert, CCNS or whatever, OSCP and then Azure and Kubernetes since everyone and their fucking mom has AWS certs and Azure is the fastest growing.

Studying BSc (Hons) Computer Networks and Security, taking my A+ this summer; i'll be working on my CCNA in year 2 of my course.

Seems like exceedingly few roles hire on the basis of CCIE anymore. Like, there are more CCIE holding people than there are roles demanding CCIE, vs much more CCNP demanding roles than people maintaining that cert.

cissp
there is no mid level security cert worth talking about, it's just sec+ and cissp, the only thing between is job experience

>isn't like, BS in CS with network/security emphasis beats every single cert combined?
IT related degrees are more or less equal to entry level certs, and almost always include the certs as objectives in the curriculum anyway
>And probably takes less time to complete.
takes two to four weeks of studying in off time to get a cert
probably easier to land an internship through a school's program though, which is a pretty important step to getting "in" if you don't have connections

shove your certs up your anus, if you can't anticipate to the fact that everything is evolving.

I'm My course includes CCNA: Routing and Switching, and if you're a clever cunt they'll pay for your CCNA: Security.

Remember:
A manager who says he doesn't care about certs when hiring most certainly is influenced by certs.

amazon.com/ESPRESSObin-SBUD102-Single-Computer-Network/dp/B06Y3V2FBK/

this is unironically better than any cisco hardwar & software.

brainlet

Attached: 1513303906036.jpg (640x632, 75K)

I've got Comptia A+ (2002) & Network+ (2003)
Later as I got close to 30 years old I went back and got Cisco certified and certified as a Windows System Administrator through Brainbench. Also got the Brainbench equivalent certifications in I-Net and Server+. In my early 20's I took Cisco inter networking classes at my community college but never followed up with the exam. So I decided to do something about it. Enter brainbench. Course back then community colleges let you take just what you needed. Now its' all roped up in a bunch of bullshit that only purpose is to force you to pay for shit that you don't need and so they (college) get more of your money.

depends on the context

if you have 5 years of experience and no certs, you're more valuable than the helpdesk guy working for a year at the company and just got his comptia trio
in that case, the certs didn't matter when hiring, and that's how it usually goes

but two people with equal, only vaguely relevant experience, having relevant certs will probably give them the edge

>EXAM DUMPS
>X
>A
>M
>
>D
>U
>M
>P
>S

Lmao no. Computer Science degrees are only good if you are applying for programming jobs otherwise they are trash.

How did you cheat?

All I want to do is support/actually work with hardware, aka hands on work. Programming and Development and being a manager don't appeal to me at all. Yeah the higher pay would be nice but the stress/bullshit/etc that comes with it sure don't

that's you, the brainlet?

cool

nou

ISC2 accepts "other" certs as prerequisites to the CISSP ...full doc and cert list here isc2.org/Certifications/CISSP/Prerequisite-Pathway

degree ?

>There is no in-between
Uhh certs are the most entry level shit possible, they show literally 0 technical understanding, especially in security
If you aren't doing vulnerability research you aren't doing security
Sorry setting up firewalls isn't impressive

Certs are static documents, they do not change with the times. Unless you want to fork over 1000s every few years, youre best bet is a CIS/CS degree.

>cheated on CCNA

why are you lying on an anime imageboard?

The HR drones like em.
>can't even work for the Canadian government unless you have A+

Dude it is called brain dumps. Cisco is super easy to cheat on.

naw, you

Few reasons
>late 30s
>brainlet
>can't pass a GED exam
>blackpilled about market saturation and invaders who are flummoxed over indoor plumbing

Start by shoving university degrees up the ass of the past.

>implying a CIS/CS degree isnt static
you will still be sent on training young liberal

with debt tied to his testicles

he clearly is still in school and has an ego problem

>$50
>only a dual core

RPi 3b+ costs less and blows this guy away. Having extra built-in NICs is pointless. I can buy a 5-port gigabit switch for $15 and an RPi3 for $35...