Memes aside why do you think M$ failed so bad at developing W10

Memes aside why do you think M$ failed so bad at developing W10

It literally looks like a mixture of Windows vista + 7 + 8 + 8.1 base combined with a lot of shitty visual mods that are still under development

This is the 7th time I revert back to W7 after upgrading to windows 10 in 1 year and I don't think l I'll ever install it again

Attached: 0b80b6879f25a5d8a972c6f96946f5d8.jpg (600x335, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EJWWtV1w5fw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My guess is that their design focus has been almost entirely set aside due to the challenge of trying to make their shit work with as many weird devices and peripherals as possible. macOS only has to deal with its product environment but windows has everyone else.

Also, windows 10 is the generation that cuts XP out of the circuit so they have to design the operating system so that braindead corporate and blue collar morons who use XP boxes as terminals and checkpoints, can click the same boxes theyre used to, same with users from other eras. There ends up being so many routes you can take to any given program or file and it feels like their UI has suffered simply because its less important for a service that has to do everything else.

Keep in mind though that windows UI has never been good. Youve gotten used to it, and the configurables are okay, but this isnt exactly a step in the opposite direction for them

They failed because there was no reason for it to exist, same with 8, Vista, and ME.

what 'design focus'

Yeah. There really isn't. Look at the Specs for Windows 7. 64bit Pro/Ult can take 192GB of ram. Windows 7 Pro/Ult supports up to 256 Cores/ 2 Sockets and supports Gpt and UEFI. Thanks to drivers USB 3 support is also there as is SATA III. Last time I looked hdds are just now starting to push SATA 1 bus (1.5Gps) to the limit to say nothing of Sata II/III bus limit. So all they had to do was release a "SP 2" with USB 3/other hardware drivers baked in and call it a day.

Attached: 1459301946459.png (1300x4704, 1.14M)

Perhaps if they didn't have so many layers of middle management all seemingly pulling in different directions, they may have a chance of fixing some of their shit. Having their OS run ancient software is a laudable goal, but maybe they need to have a legacy edition that keeps the old bugs that the old software relies on, and a new OS built from the ground up - or just do what Apple did and write their own window manager on top of a BSD or Linux kernel.

They trying as har as they can to jump mobile ship but its too late. In process they fucked up the only remotely decent thing they had - their desctop os. MS is a sceleton of a horse propped up by tremendous ammount of windows software.

>Memes aside why do you think M$ failed so bad at developing W10

Depends what you mean by failed. It's relative. They wanted to turn the OS into an advertising platform and make a shitload of money. I'd say they succeeded pretty well.

>this is the 7th time I revert back to W7
How retarded do you have to be for it to take you 7 fucking tries to realise that W10 is shit?

They have no motivation to make it good.
Norrmies will use it regardless

I really dislike windows10
I yearn for freedom
How do I achieve true freedom?

Literally because they hired a bunch of socially and developmently retarded Indians to lower overheard.

Their programming focus at Microsoft is always about adding new features and not polish or bugfixing unless people complain or sales tank.

All the autists who hate MS screeched at windows 8 so they made w10 a slow transition. As w10 keeps getting updated you see notice the edges being smoothen out. W10 is by far the most complete modern OS.
Inb4 someone bitches about not being able to use for a server using home edition

The main reason is macrohard got to comfy on their laurels are didn't do a good job seeing where consumers and industry is going. They lost touch with what consumers and enterprise customers want.

For your average facebook user they completely missed the mobile market. That's pretty much screwed windows in the consumer market now.

For enterprise/business stuff they failed to grasp those customers don't want ad filled, telemetry watched, ad stored software. They wanted windows 7 with QoL updates.

Switching to the subscription model actually was pretty smart idea. The execution was shit. Macrohard failed to grasp that their are consumers who would gladly use free windows filled with ads and monitoring. Other uses would pay just to have a good working OS with solid driver support that was free of ads. I personally would not care if I spend $100 a year for a subscription to ad free/telemetry windows.

That's not happening though so fuck em. I'll keep windows7 running as long as I can and port what I can over to debian.

Attached: 1422168569069.jpg (640x640, 123K)

One reason: no name

>I personally would not care if I spend $100 a year for a subscription to ad free/telemetry windows.
The fucking state of you.

It's just as shit as every other Windows version, just has current support. That's the only difference.

Get over it kids.

>macrohard
sensible chuckle.gif

>sp2
yeah that would of been nice, impossible now without telemetry baked in

They're too thirsty for the google-like money, and copied everything wrong with android.

>How do I achieve true freedom?

a .vdi image of your old win7 install as a virtual machine inside debian.... even my macbook air runs its comfortably

pic related: my comfy 7 and gadgets

Attached: hi res 2018.jpg (1920x1080, 259K)

Microsoft is trying too hard to stay relevant because desktops are no longer mainstream. They included a little bit of everything in Windows 10. Stuff that caters to both 7 and 8.1 users, but also tries to cater to mobile users. They have also tried to start making profit by advertising in their OS which is one of the worst things about it (because that includes telemetry up your ass)
Basically Microsoft doesn't know what to do now that desktop is dying, the mobile platform is growing larger and they obviously failed at the mobile industry.

I'm a bit young, and seeing the state of the most monopolized technical industry crash with the largest company of said industry is detrimental, in fact demotivating. Who the fuck wants to work to program?

Indians, lack of focus and change for the sake of change.
W10 is honestly the worst thing to happen to Computing as a whole.

It's a virus by every definition. It's forced installation was heavily illegal and sadly they are getting away with it.
They have destroyed thousands of peoples machines outright and hurt the performance of millions more, broken peoples drivers even more so that those.
Every single one involved with it should be fired.

Most monolithic piece of shit I've ever seen.
It's the UK and US government as an OS.

The teams aren't communicating with each other if judging by their UI implementation alone

They want people to adapt with the new UI step by step. They are afraid Vista and 8 disasters will happen again if they don't do that.

lol shut the fuck up

Any hardware from the last couple years sucks on windows 7, pic related

Attached: 123.png (290x19, 2K)

Satyr Nadella's vision isn't what consumers wanted. They wanted a rock solid base, as unobtrusive as possible, with long term support. Fluent design would've been well received if it was implemented early on and consistently through the OS.

Instead, he went with always online + cloud + data-driven decision making. Now we got an ever changing OS that also is a privacy nightmare and very intrusive (restarting itself without permission, reinstalling software after updates, ads in the start menu, and many other problems).

It's a shame. So much potential just by taking Windows 7, enabling USB3.0 and TRIM out of the box and giving it a visual overhaul. Booom, instant success.

Attached: Archer and Rin together in red.jpg (1467x1921, 456K)

They don't really have competition (outside of Apple which has its own niche), so they feel like they don't have to care and can fuck over users, knowing they'll just take it because they have no other choice.

This mentality resulted in firing a bunch of highly paid programmers and replacing them with pajeets and the end users themselves (not just "insiders", but also users of the """stable""" releases, who are all beta testers sending out telemetry while watching ads).
Couple this with the failed attempt to catch the mobile/tablet/touch screen market and you have the mess that is W10.

Also (and I don't own a single Apple product), but Steve Jobs was 100% on point then and still is now:
youtube.com/watch?v=EJWWtV1w5fw

People have rosy glasses when it comes to older Windows versions, but they were never as good as they should have been. It's just that 10 is a fucking shitshow and MS isn't even trying to hide their contempt for the users anymore.

win10 is a blatent rip off of OSX, I cant believe more people dont see that, I guess most people havent used OSX so they wouldnt know. I can sort of put up with the UI of OSX when I am on a Mac mainly because I use a Mac like Linux for things like programming. But it is really clunky to use and so when MS copies it of course it is just a pain in the ass. Not as bad as win8 but still it feels so stupid to use a cheap copy of the OSX UI on windows