I'm going to school to study computer science

>I'm going to school to study computer science

Attached: 1521732414724.jpg (612x422, 70K)

>going to school to study
sure boy...
keep believing

I just wanted to make video games.

>tfw dropped out of school because couldn't take the pressure
the shame is amplified by the fact that my mother is a teacher ;_;

today a japanese dude dropped from CS in my class. i feel sad because he was cool. but i also feel good since im enduring.

what are you doing now
t. fellow fuckup failing really simple classes like fucking linear algebra and really REALLY close to dropping out
please tell me you aren't a neet

h..how hard is it really?

If I passed up to calc 2 and differential equations does it get that much more difficult?

should I switch to IT?

>tfw didn't go to college for cs because i thought it was low paying
this was 2013

you're not doing any more math like that in cs besides maybe calc based stats

as long as you can program, understand data structures, algorithms, assembly, and didn't fuck up your intro graphs class you're probably fine

In general, what's the minimum GPA required to land a well-paying software engineering job straight out of college?

Is a 3.0 enough or do the top employers require a 3.5+ ?

I have a 2
Shoot me please

I unironically have no idea how to program or any of that shit. I've only taken intro to programming so far (not hard at all but I'd imagine it gets 10x more difficult) and the math/science classes so I could have the option of switching to engineering, finance, or IT if I pussied out of CS.

GPA is a meme.
I have 1.9 and I got multiple interviews and was hired almost immediately after graduating.

People who do hiring look through so many applications and resumes it just gets boring to them.
They care far more about the type of person than your academic prowess.
You could have great grades but if you're going to be a liability in the workforce because you do drugs, are anti-social or can't commit to your role then you're less useful than someone who lazily cruised through college and is a valuable member to the team.

>do drugs
no
>are anti social
yes
>can't commit to your role
i have a suspicion i would not be able to

No need for computer science. Find a free and open source game, fuck around with it, learn the language, make your own, done.

what was your stats besides that?
college/resume/connections?

With the exception of IT, not sure what the course roadmap looks for that, but engineering and finance have their difficulty equivalences in their disciplines.

So you’re going to puss out of one difficult field into another, you just need to choose which you would be comfortable with. Heavy involvement of math and it’s application through physics there, and finance (accounting) is a lot of number crunching and memorization.

>university degree

Attached: 1521816661036.webm (650x364, 1.76M)

I graduated. That's it.
My resume was meticulously written to show that I'm a diverse human being.
Mentioning I studied a language once, that I rode a bike once, that I read about business news and think the company culture is perfect for a person like me.
Keep it short and sweet like you're writing a fucking myspace bio.

Then just be nice in the interview.
They can't fire you for being a low-energy loser after they hire you, so just put everything into appearing as much of a normalfag as possible for the interview and you're in.
Normalfags usually have this part down but are bad at marketing themselves, if you can do both you'll check every box and actually be memorable to the person who makes the decision.

People apply and get jobs they're not even qualified for all the time.
This is a major factor that has faced women in the workforce, they don't think they can even apply for jobs because they're not good enough.
But it also affects loser virgin men with no confidence.

This is why Chads are always successful and get ahead in life. They just go for everything regardless and so they always win.
If you scrutinize yourself you're basically a woman, except unlike a woman you can't just be a housewife and cruise off looks.
That's why people like you become forever NEET losers.

i have thought about this before and i think you're right.
but people like me are naturally weak and low energy. what the fuck else is there to do? people like me have to exist because naturally SOMETHING has to be on the bottom. i am trash man

Not the guys you're replying to, but I have bit of a silly question:

How much does appearance matter when interviewing? And by appearance I mean myself being an obese fat fuck.
Obviously I would wear a proper, clean dress shirt and pants with good business shoes, but would being fat have a huge negative impact on the interview?

What's that picture implyinf? There won'zmt be anything even remotely fuckable in these courses

Anything to do with computers basically gives you a free pass for being fat.
However you should still dress clean-cut and well groomed.
A suit won't hurt for the interviewing process and just act very professional while keeping friendly and light.

>what are you doing now
Fucking nothing.
I'm 20 and live at home with mommy. No job, no career, no training, no nothing.
It's not fun. My mom's newer friends are starting to doubt I even exist because I'm such a hermit.

Alright, thanks for the tips

I'll look into getting a suit, thats a good idea

I don't think your technical interviewers will even blink.
This however is key: Make absolutely fucking sure you don't stink.
Getting a job is half about people being willing to stand your presence.

>CSfags

literally the most oversaturated major right now

90% of graduates can't get a job an employer wouldn't hire a pajeet or chink for way cheaper

enjoy your wasted money

What grade? I dropped out of 10th grade but got me GED a month later on my first try about 5 years ago.

>tfw probably above average iq but too depressed/suicidal to make good use out of it

Attached: 1521275107711.jpg (854x854, 43K)

Is it true you amerimutts end up with 100-300K of student loan debt after you graduate taking all the interest into account?

Attached: 1521486728994.png (960x1024, 838K)

We turned down a very talented programmer because he was dressed like a moron (tracksuit pants and a polo) and acted like a goof like he already had the job.

Show up with any form of dress anything and present yourself well and you'll be fine for a technical interview. Look nice if your first shot is with HR.

oh, and brush your fucking teeth and take a shower and wear deodorant. jesus christ, the smell some people exude.

man, americans are ripped

>friend has master's computer science degree
>comes to me for parts suggestions and asks if i can build it

Attached: IMG_20180307_030041.jpg (4000x2250, 2.48M)

100k+ if you're going for like a doctorate or plan to do grad school

for a cs grad with just a Bachelor's at max it'll be like 20k unless you decide to live on campus for some reason or go to an unnecessary overpriced private school

So 80K + interest?

Attached: iStock_000006819993_ExtraSmall1.jpg (401x299, 94K)

>I dropped out of 10th grade but got me GED a month later on my first try about 5 years ago.
exact same except less than 5 years ago.

again depends on the major user

also whether you're instate or go out of state like a retard

At my college for an undergrad it costs $640ish for one class, out of state it jumps to $2244. Assuming you don't go the cheaper route of completing generic gen-eds at a community college for way cheaper (AA at my CC costs $6.5k total for 60 credits) and do the full 120 bachelors degree credit hours at the University level, you'd be looking at $25k+ cost of books for an instate, and an out of state student is looking at anywhere from $41k-90k depending on if they change their residency status to in-state later on. That's not including dorms/meal plan if they live on campus.

This is all for a BACHELORS degree, and tons of students do this with zero regard to how much debt they're putting themselves into. Its frankly ridiculous there aren't laws against this, as literally any stupid ass 18 year old will sign a life ruining contract that requires no one else's permission.

quads btw

すごい!

It's sad to see so many young folk move out of their parent's house before they even get a job. half of their student loans are probably housing and food alone.

Is this really just going to keep getting more and more expensive? I heard in a decade a BA will cost 1 fucking million dollars in the US after all principle+interest on the 40-year loan terms are paid.

I genuinely have no idea but colleges so far have kept up jacking up tuition prices while their quality of education either diminishes or stagnates. I've read of students who couldn't keep up good grades on a PhD program and got kicked out, ended up killing themselves due to the literally insurmountable debt at that point. No second chances either.

Why do people even watch this shit? Youtube should be nuked.

I wish I could get this hyped about something

is studying electrical engineering to get experimental circuit knowledge at uni, and put coding knowledge to self study, better ?

I wish I had to pay that. I had to drop out after a week because my financial aid paperwork was fucked. I would have to pay about half a mil a year otherwise

Do something user. It's not too late for you at all. If you wanna learn a programming-language, try udemy or some site like that. Eat healthy and maybe exercise a bit. Trust me, if you work hard now, in a few years you'll look back and wonder how you ever felt so hopeless.

Just study Computer Engineering and get the best of both worlds.

I'm in my final year of computer science, it's not easy and you'll see your class size drop in numbers each semester because the drop out rate is quite high in general for CS. Just don't be one of those and make it your business to get interested enough to self learn on top of what you pick up in lectures etc.

Programming eh? hey look! lucy is a freaky stinky nerd that will marry the four eyes!

Attached: stacy.jpg (2000x1000, 629K)

Programming is all about creating algorithms so that Computer would do all the calculating for you.
Calc 2 is pretty is overkill for the most job positions.

I'll give you the other side of it. A friend of mine dropped at 15 because he hated highschool, thought it was pointless etc. He now works as a freelancer (used to do Android apps, now does stuff with crypto) and makes quite decent amounts.
If you're smart and determined - don't be scared. But if you feel you want/need the system then stay in it. Socially he's nearly dead, dropping out made him lonely.

is that picture edited or just cropped?

My kid brother recently told me a similar thing. He isn't really passionate about CS, it was just the least boring choice for him. But he takes some pride in having endured his first semester while people dropped out left and right.

do americans really look at gpa when hiring?

>studying
Money fuckin wasted

I tried being one of those work-at-home type people and it destroyed my life. How can anyone focus when there's so much cool shit to do on the internet?

Going to uni put structure back into my life. I had to do my work in the library though otherwise I'd slip back into old habits. I can't wait to get an office.

The allure of neet life is becoming increasingly strong, I pity future generations.

>LE SOY XDD LE SOY LE SOY LE SOY XDD LOOK MOMMY I POSTED IT AGAIN LE SOY LE SOY LE SOY XDD XDD XDDD

I did 3 years of college and dropped out to try a startup. No rich parents or investors so i gotta grind it out.

I ended up applying to an ME firm and they gave me a job as a junior engineer. Turns out employers don't value advance vibrations and other frivolous senior level classes since every engineer is basically a solidworks CAD monkey.

Attached: 1520763287881.png (2149x2667, 79K)

Don't get too worried user. I dropped out after 2 years and got a $60k salary network admin job. Is it a huge amount of money? No, but its still a comfortable amount for a 20y/o, and not having the stress of school has made life so much better. L

To be fair at this point getting a degree unless you have a free full ride seems like a meme. Is a shitty 4-year education really worth $5-1,000 monthly slavery tax for the rest of your life?

how much debt?

Computer science is not about following the CPU and GPU market buddy.

It teaches you basic stuff covered in the A+ certification.