Old software that is now bloatware/malware

Ill start
Windows
Daemon tools
Malwarebytes
Avast

Attached: 1521648168065.png (211x200, 40K)

Linux

Heh

Ccleaner

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as GNU/Linux, is in fact, JNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, JNU plus Linux. It's pronounced JNU as in GNIF.

I used to love Malwarebytes when it was lightweight and worked, but now its a resource hog and makes some weird detections, like calling Total Annihilation adware for some reason. Is there any alternative, or do I have to suck it up?

firefox
>i dont want pocket damn it

Ccleaner used to be way more dodgy back in the day.

Not in my memory...
Also Revo Uninstaller

wait what happened with avast?

any linux distro that now has systemd

Revo is still boss

Just uninstall it after you use it, that's what I do at least

Check out hitman pro

CNET

Worst example for me is µtorrent after 2.2.1.

Skype was already shit at launch but it managed to still go downhill. I don't know how they did it.

Flash

haha wow why would you type all that out? xD its just a name you autist

Rememeber that the G in GNU is not silent

Yes that's the point, faggot. You need to use the correct name to give equal credit to the GNU project. Also, if you would chose the name for GNU/Linux based on who contributed more source code, IT SHOULD BE CALLED GNU NOT LINUX!

It will never be GNU...only Linux.

Forever and ever. And there's not a damned thing you can do about it.

Also fuck GNU...and wine. That's not fucking clever word play it's autism concentrated.

Meh, used to use patched 3.8 until they finally made it incompatible in 2017, that ver was pretty ok. No shitty custom window decoration and whatnot.
This has always been shit, no change imo

Those were my two original picks.
But overall - everything has become bloatware.
How do you justify developer's salary if he's not working on new features.

mac os
This, but unironically. It never aimed to be small, but at this point it's bloater than bsds.

What's wrong with CCleaner? Disable background monitoring and auto updates, then use it to free up a few gig every month or so. It always gets more stuff than Windows' built in tool, plus it compresses the Firefox database which sounds useful...?

Or just use the portable version

Every antivirus and antispyware ever.

Immunet, MSE or Clam Win.

Revo is good, but Bulk Crap is much better.

>Windows 10
Fixed.