Whats the musical equivalent of Seinfeld?

whats the musical equivalent of Seinfeld?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cpnNakMdvXk
youtube.com/watch?v=IXyPGPdyie0
seinwave.bandcamp.com/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SeinfeldIsUnfunny
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pavement

youtube.com/watch?v=cpnNakMdvXk

alternatively...

Something overrated that only older amerifats like

Pearl Jam

?

seinfeld never went to shit though

>he didn't get seinfeld
user....

youtube.com/watch?v=IXyPGPdyie0

>implying

I'm refering to Blue specifically

The answer is that Seinfeld was the Beatles of television.

neither did Weezer

I bet you have shit taste

lmfao

Nirvana

A thing in the 90s, that was sort of a reaction to the mainstream (Nirvana to hard rock, Seinfeld to sitcoms), that did its own thing and became extremely popular, to the point where the concepts they did became mainstream.

One could make an argument for Pixies

its gotta be something self-conscious, simple, somewhat eccentric, well-known among plebs but with a cult following as well

>self-conscious

The Seinfeld soundtrack

>Nirvana
>did its own thing
Nirvana didn't even invent ripping better, lesser known bands off

Slanted 7 Enchanted

seinwave.bandcamp.com/

This is fucking spot on. They also both quit before they turned to complete shit.

Mark Kozelek's more recent things. It's music about nothing!

>implying seinfeld is a show about nothing
when will this meme die?

really?

Loveless.
>both 'new and different' in their already established fields ('rock album' 'sitcom')
>both quit while they were ahead and still good
>people either love or hate them
m b v is like curb your enthusiasm or something

but curb your enthusiasm is better instead of more of the same but still good

seinfeld and MBV are not even vaguely similar wtf

The only sensible answer

Not really, I don't think so. I mean both are really well known and influential, both weren't quite conservative, but this is where the similarity ends.

I'd argue that Nirvana didn't exactly do their "own thing", but the entire idea of being alternative and taking over the mainstream is correct.

Nothing is a problematic term, but it has no real point, that's what people mean - it just ridicules everything.

Frank Zappa

>CBS Logo

Seinfeld was on NBC.

This should be the correct answer. Also, they ended Seinfeld after nine seasons because that's how many years The Beatles were a band. Or so I've heard.

What's the Frasier of music?

primus

what do you want from me

Nirvana did not quit, in the same sense that Jerry didn't kill himself to escape from limousines of naked women and worldwide appreciation

Sunn O)))

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

With The Score being Cheers.

it has to be something forward thinking and innovative that aged poorly and can't really be enjoyed that much by new audiences today

Add to that, unless you actually sit down and take a look at the content. Lots of people can still appreciate Seinfeld, but you have to get past the first impression it gives as a modern spectator

I don't know man, I just can imagine a 15 year old today finding Seinfeld all that funny, there's a TV Trope about it
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SeinfeldIsUnfunny

I meant can't