Mayonaise Inside

So.... why didn't you replace the stock Mayonaise yet, user?

max temp. fell 20°C after this

Attached: Delid this.jpg (2016x2988, 2.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

arcticsilver.com/as5.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>liquid metal
>actually between the fan and cpu
Enjoy your PC while it lasts before some of that liquid metal spills out onto the circuitry

You got no idea of building a pc do you?

Also liquid metal is applied extremeley thin so there wont't be any drops at all mate

>not buying a cpu with a soldered heat spreader
you deserve everything you get

>using heat spreader with liquid metal
>not a copper cooler block straight on the die

>stock Mayonaise
My AMD CPU came with actual solder. Only Intel garbage has this problem. AMD is better. Except for the 2200G and the 2400G where they too use toothpaste..

Congratulations on replacing your toothpaste, user. I hope it was worth the risk. You're braver than me. I wouldn't if I had bought an Intel CPU instead of AMD, no way I'm paying $300-400 for something just to screw with it in a way that could easily kill it just to fix something that shouldn't have been a problem in the first place.

Look at the picture. That's not thin whatsoever. Not to mention that liquid metal isn't viscous.

Got a copper block but it won't touch the CPU die without the IHS

Well you're right. Only intel does this crap at this point. But I'm not willing to sacrifice my IPCs and switch to AMD.
So I did this. It was out of warranty anyway (i7 6700k)

Because my CPU has a soldered IHS.

Because it just werks.

I kinda wanna do this to my GPU now. But unfortunatley it hat an aluminium heatsink

soldered xeon masterrace here

Attached: ujqt.jpg (800x1200, 190K)

Because amd>intel

AMD uses cum instead of paste as well, in lower end of market at least

Why don't they do this:

- place thin sheet of special metal that melts at 150C or so between cooler and heat spreader.
- have special "melt in" mode in BIOS that raises temperature to 160C or so.
- after letting it cool down, cooler is now fused with the CPU until you run "melt in" mode again.

This is what they do on factories while soldering die to heatplate.

>Also liquid metal is applied extremeley thin so there wont't be any drops at all mate

I'm gonna be real with you: take that shit out immediately if you have NOT properly sealed off the die (going from the picture, it's a disaster waiting to happen).

There's a reason why e.g. desktop and laptop manufacturers avoid liquid metal, even when it costs the same. Do not make a post asking for help later on, because Sup Forums is not your tech support.

mayonez make best thermal move

no need. i can hold 4.4 stable with a shitty hyper 212 evo so who cares?

You don't need to put that much silicone under the IHS; a small dab in the four corners works just fine.

Bruh, you caked it. RIP Shintel

>solder = cum
ok

Is that the Intel silicone still on the chip? If it is then Jesus, dude, you're supposed to scrape all of that shit off until it's clean.

>IPCs and switch to AMD.
Second gen Ryzen already has similar or better IPC only fully meltdown and spectre patched systems.

liquid metal works fine on laptops

20C decrease on razer laptops

My CPU doesn't have mayonnaise because it's a Xeon from an era when Intel didn't have a monopoly.

It's non-conductive, moron. Look it up.
arcticsilver.com/as5.htm

looking for a deliding kit for my 1700x
can someone help me ?
:^)

My max temps are 60C stock. Why should I?

>as5
>liquid metal

Delidding used to be a thing when IHS's first became a thing, how come nobody puts the heatsink directly on the die anymore?

as5 is paste pal

Take the heat-spreader off and tell me how that goes
Or do you mean why they don't make coolers that would fit without the cpu heat spreader anymore? It would be a niche market now and idk if I like the idea of a massive heat-sink directly on top a small bendy intel chip anyways

Attached: IMG_8244-pcgh-pcgh-640x339.jpg (640x339, 59K)

Not really worth the effort for me. My Pentium G4560 is sitting at 37° C right now.

lmao nigga that's paste

the current state of Sup Forums

the price/perf ratio on that CPU gives me a boner and I'm not even an intelfag

Attached: ADFA6D04-E5C8-47D1-96CC-27D1246E72AE.jpg (165x115, 5K)

so this is how getting kiked looks like