Eu legislation bans products with lead content of over 0.3%

>eu legislation bans products with lead content of over 0.3%
>local electronics shop stopped selling leaded solder
>bought basically 100% tin

wtf is this shit? doesn't stick to anything, melting point is so high it's pretty much burning anything nearby when trying to solder onto a thick ground plane or something, and when it finally decides to work soldered wires just fucking fall off when moving them in the slightest...
now i gotta wait for proper sn60pb40 to arrive from ebay, thank you very much fucking unelected eu-cucks

Attached: cc5ec66911b5dee6da1da440be635f34_600x600.jpg (517x517, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xlead solder.TRS0&_nkw=lead solder&_sacat=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> I suffer in first world

Just move to the US if you want to get lead poisoning so bad

I'll bet you also complained when your parents told you to stop eating paint flakes.

>I suffer without kc

you can get old batches of lead solder on ebay.

I want to get lead poisoning: the post

you don't get lead poisoning from a bit of soldering with lead. people who soldered by hand professionally for decades didn't get lead poisoning. lead doesn't evaporate. you ingest way more lead by eating fish.

This is why the Xbox 360 failure rate was so high. They had to use the new solder in 2005, which was just shit.

Where did this happen? I'm in a EU nation and there is no such shit happening here.

Any BGA chip with lead free solder WILL break far FAR sooner than a BGA chip with lead solder.
That's why I reflow all my BGA chips with lead solder on shit like PS3's on my reflow station.

>boa with lead
Unless it's the chinkiest of chink shit, everything will be rohs, meaning zero PB.

Where in Europe are you even?
Afaik that legislation is from like 2011 but nobody actually complies with it, one can buy Griffon 60:40 in every hardware store in the NL

I can still buy leaded solder just fine over here in Austria
And no one buys lead free solder anyway since its so shit

Seconded, CZ is the same.

The extra flux they put into lead free solder is actually worse than the lead

Eh, but AFAIK leaded solder is still allowed.

Poor EU cucks.

Cant you order 60/40 Lead Tin solder online from I china/russia anywhere else where the government isnt actively working to destroy their own country?

>OP is german
>you can get regular 60/40 solder literally everywhere here
>for some reason OP buys the lead free shit
>blames the EU for this

this is just a retard blogpost. move along. nothing to see here.

>but nobody actually complies with it
Everybody complies with it. Legislation says that you can't sell products that are made from leaded solder. You can sell leaded solder to hobbyists just like before.

Oh boy. Products made with leaded solder are banned because they poison groundwater, not because they poison Chinese sweatshop workers.

>I have never used a soldering iron in my life: the post

Lead solder killed Gordon Clark.

>banned because they poison groundwater
Well drop some plutonium into groundwater and you neutralized it !

Where does the EU's electronic waste end up? China

Fuck RoHS. Fuck it so much.
Want to know what RoHS has accomplished?:
More junk going in to land-fills. Stuff that is still objectively toxic, just less so than the ones in the list.

Just think, those millions of Xbox 360s, all dead because shitty RoHS-era solders can't sustain a bit of heat.
These days, it is even worse because the flux added in to them that is WORSE than the lead!
Fuck environuts.
These are the kind of retards that would ban nuclear power to replace it with good feelings and renewables that aren't reliable for power because they spike and fall too much and we don't have good enough battery storage for load-balancing at power-grid levels.
The batteries themselves are also horribly energy-intense in producing across the entire process from mining to installation and disposal.
Fuck environuts. Fuck all of them.

>Oh boy. Products made with leaded solder are banned because they poison groundwater,
Stop putting the shit in the ground then.
The minor amounts of trash that would end up in it by the odd cunt here and there is nothing.
The air around you right now is likely more toxic than the few parts per quadrillion that a fly-tipper cunts lead-solder would cause.
Punish the pricks binning computers, not EVERYONE ELSE.
But naw, that makes too much sense.
Fucking EU pricks.

/thread

Me either. OP is probably a retard who blame the tin for his retarded soldering skills.

Meanwhile PS3 didn't have this problem and came from Foxcon too. Fuck logic.

>shitty RoHS-era solders can't sustain a bit of heat
Pb has lower melting point than tin you fucking dingus. That's the whole reason hobbyists use it.
>Stop putting the shit in the ground then.
Wow, and we can like tell people to stop stealing and killing other people and we solved every issue around the globe. Your whole retarded argument goes like this: "there are other bad things, so let's allow horrible poison". You know what other electronic thing is RoHS-complaint? Fucking every. And none of them have had failure rate like XBox360. You know, it's like Microsoft hired a factory that had no idea what they were doing and they produced shit.
>The minor amounts of trash that would end up in it by the odd cunt here and there is nothing.
Sure thing buddy, it's not like you need to digest 250 micro-grams of lead to be considered poisoned or something. How much does your 60/40 100g roll contain? Only 40 grams.

fellow german here, conrad's solder shelf is literally 3/4 empty with a sign hanging from it saying that leaded solder was banned due to eu-legislations

>YLoD

>lead doesn't evaporate
>what is lead gasoline
>what is the lead crisis

>checked the Hungarian conrad
>all Pb-free or non-tin solders
[screams internally]

are you retarded??
leaded gasoline had tetra ethyl lead, not metallic lead.

>he thinks they put actual fucking lead in gas
point and laugh at the idiot

No I don't. It's obviously labeled unleaded gas.

Not conrad but in Romania you can still get leaded solder as far as I know, since I have some as well.

Xbox360 was an example of the worst kind.
Modern hardware post-RoHS being applied fails MUCH MORE OFTEN than lead-solder tech.
This is a fact. It's been measured countless times across various groups, including one just recently that came out damning the tech industry for high failure rates. (hilariously BY an EU group, the dumb cunts)
Microwaves, TVs, computers, you fucking name it, they are failing much more often now than ever.

It doesn't matter that the solder melts at a lower temp, what mattered was the solder failed because it cannot sustain constantly changing temperatures. That was the issue.
They develop nano-whiskers that lead to failure the more the temperature changes.
It's the same reason li-ion fails over time.

The solution to dealing with tech waste is simple: make more jobs of people checking trash, have numbers on bins.
Fine people for putting tech in bins.
There you go, most tech trash stops. Goes to recycling instead.
It's the same argument for "oh we can't accept certain things in recycling we don't have facilities for that". FUCKING MAKE THEM THEN.
Plenty of people would happily take up job in a line of sorting through some items for recycling. Good job to semi-retire to.
Certainly beats janitorial and stacking shelves.

Also, your dosage argument again is dumb. Your assumption that someone would just ingest a fuckton of material that contains that amount is hilarious.
The material would be so thinned out by the water it becomes nothing.
That shit going in to landfills is still toxic too, you know.
It's just not as potent as lead.

Just use a proper flux, eternal reminder that there is no level of lead exposure that is not harmful

The smoking burning boiling flux is worse for you than touching 40% lead wire

you get lead posioning by handling the solder, not by actually soldering stuff. lead turns into gas at a much higher temp than the rest of the solder, so if you are using your iron at that high of a temp you are doing it wrong in the first place.

you just need to have common sense and properly wash your hands and your workspace when you are done.

Enjoy your asthma and COPD, fgt.

>To arrive from eBay
I've got bad news for you Hans, it'll be seized at customs!

>lead doesn't evaporate

>Analysis of air samples in the exposure chamber showed the following fume concentrations: 0.193 mg/m3 for formaldehyde, 0.35 mg/m3 for Sn and 3 mg/m3 for Pb.

>3mg/m^3
OH NO, CALL THE AMBULANCE, I'M DYING SO HARD RIGHT NOW.

When you burn gasoline containing tetraethyl lead most of what comes out the exhaust is elemental lead (the ethyl groups are removed)

Is only 60 times the OSHA permissible exposure limit

Should also have replied to

still fail to see how anything in the eu is better than the usa
euros call us bad but i cant find a reason to want to live in the eu
there's literally nothing appealing about europe

>we still can buy powerful vacuums
>powerful
You meant low efficiency.

>eu bans sucking vacuums
still sold in Poland
>eu bans leaded solder
still sold in Poland
Is Poland in EU even?

Lead is not poisonous. In my country copper pipes are still soldered with 50-50 solder, and yet there are no retards there.

Lead is a neurotoxin

lead increases crime rates

Yes. And? The results show that concentration is too small to become retarded.
Definitely, but you can make EU-compliant bullets from copper alloys.

>Microwaves, TVs, computers, you fucking name it, they are failing much more often now than ever.
planned obsolescence user, nowadays a decent computer can last you for 10 years without even noticeable slowdown. My sister's chat and youtube machine runs on a 10 year old Intel Q9300 along with 4 gigs of ram and W7 and it works just fine and she has zero reason to upgrade.

>conrad
Conrad sucks. Everything is ridiculously overpriced.

Reichelt still sells 60/40.

just get it from chinkland you fucking snow niggers
ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xlead solder.TRS0&_nkw=lead solder&_sacat=0

>Be 2005
>Be working in an American electronics assembly factory
>Right in the middle of RoHS certification
>Factory had switched over in 2004 but we still had some MIL-spec stuff that was leaded
>Some idiot on 3rd shift loads the wave machine with leaded solder, unbeknownst to the rest of the floor
>Start seeing product intended for lead-free rolling across my desk with leaded solder
>Notice it on other lines
>Run down all of the wave machines and hit the emergency stop buttons on all of them
>Upper management is on the floor in a meeting and sees this
>Runs over to me and asks what the fuck I just did that for
>Explain the situation
>All of their faces simultaneously read OH SHIT
>mfw almost one million dollars of product built with the wrong solder
>mfw had to scrap it all because of EPA regulations
>they lost half of their contracts over the next two years over that fiasco

The same as emissions shit.
They've forced manufacturers to use 1.0L turbo engines, that last 200 000 kms at best, and banned eco-friendly 1.4 - 1.6 L engines, that last minimum 500 000 kms.

this. can even get it from market stalls in my city.

Chink solder is horrible crap.

Don't buy chinks 60/40 solder, it is SHIT.
Buy Russian, it is less shitty, or even better - Polish.
I've been using German 60/40, best stuff I've ever used, by the way.

>Don't buy chinks 60/40 solder, it is SHIT.
It's shit because it most likely isn't 60/40 but something like 90/5 + 5 of random shit.

It says 60/40, but it is like, not even 90/5, because I've soldered with 100% lead (that I stole from car battery) it was much better, than this chink solder.
It feels like, well, I can't even describe, it is like sugar... Or salt. Doesn't melt fully even at 400 degrees. It is better to solder with lead-free, than with this shit.

They'd better finish with lead and ship them. Nobody ever will see it.

Countries, where sand niggers are:
>No vacuum
>No solder
>No light bulbs heaters

White power countries:
>Powerful vacuum
>Any solder
>Still can buy 150W new 'heater' light-bulb
>No muslims

Just wait it out a liitle bit longer: the European union is about to fall apart.

You can buy it if you work with airplane stuff they are exempt from this regulation :^)

Which is the new kc shelter? I can't live without my daily dose of stupid poleposting.

Dream on, Ivan

If you don't lick it you'll be fine.

>no, ali-achmed al abdel, you can not masturbate with this
>no, ali-achmed al abdel, this is not edible
>no, ali-achmed al abdel, your dumb roastie gf can NOT sunbathe with this

Can you at least order it on aliexpress or ebay?

>buying chink solder
That shit is like 200% tin and no lead breh

>Pb has lower melting point than tin you fucking dingus. That's the whole reason hobbyists use it.

SnPb solder has much better durability during thermal cycles than SnAgCu for example you stupid fuck. The mechanical properties have nothing to do with the melting point.

Hobbyists and every repair shop uses SnPb solder because it flows much better, it forms much better contact between pads and components and you are much less likely to kill sensitive components with heat when using it.

>no, ali-achmed al abdel, you cant masturbate on this
>no, ali-achmed al abdel, you cant explode this
>no, ali-achmed al abdel, you cant cut foreskin with it

Pure tin is not as shitty, as this alloy

Boo fucking hoo, you have to learn a better soldering technique in exchange for not getting fucking lead poisoning

You do need more skill to solder with non lead. I do it all the time now and it's fine. Of course if you've been using lead for many years, chances are some of your brain functions might have been affected by lead poisoning. In that case, you need to likely see a doctor to help. There is a good prognostic for those who get treated.

>every time I solder with 60/40 I get a real bad headache for the rest of the day
how fucking stupid am I?

Wtf EU country do you live in where you can't buy lead solder? RoHS outlaws it for commercial product sales sure, but there's nothing that stops its use for personal use. Here in the UK any shitty shop will sell 60/40.

I've been eating 150 sheets of seaweed a day for a month and I'm doin' alright. Lead is only a problem if you're injecting it straight into your blood in large quantities.

>EU has banned vacuum cleaners
>EU has banned solder
dear god you guys are so fucked