Why is murica so retarded?

why is murica so retarded?

Attached: murica.jpg (928x891, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/qkvzb5/the-time-nasa-lost-a-mars-orbiter-because-of-a-metric-system-mixup
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France–Vietnam_relations
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who cares, just convert it

left is giving you a middle finger
right is jew shit

Because being a mutt decreases your IQ.

>classic muricuck

>most powerful country in the solar system
>retarded
O B S E S S E D

Attached: jew shit.jpg (926x875, 158K)

Britfag here, raised on metric all my life. With that said, metric is the far better system for conversions and scientific use. However, Imperial does have its uses as every imperial measurement is derived from something that was once commonly used, they're very well suited for things that humans deal with day in and day out. They are on the whole not designed for grouping together, ie x yards and y feet. If feet is too small a unit you switch to yards and only yards.

The best example I have of the convenience of imperial units is Fahrenheit and the weather. The weather normally doesn't vary much from around -5 to +40 degrees celsius, this is a range of 45 degrees, but on a common day 22 degrees may be cool but 27 degrees can be rather warm. This is only a 5 degree difference. In farenheit that's 72 to 81 degrees, a 9 degree difference. It's much easier to tell the severity of difference between those two temperatures.

Same goes for measuring the weights of people in pounds as opposed to kg.

>powerful

Attached: implying.jpg (940x529, 37K)

The least jewish country on earth uses the right one. Checkmate.

Attached: 1453826607992.png (800x778, 323K)

why are other countries so obsessed with America? Sad really

>Candlestick is inherently Jewish
No wonder you goys can't manage your money. The menorah associated with Judaism has 7 candles, the one used in Hanukkah has 9. Four candles mean nothing.

A lot of countries arrange dates differently and yyyy-mm-dd is the objectively correct way to do it.

Wow, a Brit who isn't a total cockmongler about differing units of measurement.

This. It's easier to imagine a foot and stack it up six times when someone tells you they're 6 feet tall than to imagine a centimeter and stack it up 186 times.

Four is Christmas time during advent.

That's actually the only reasonable besides dd-mm-yyyy, but everything else is just dumb shit

>most powerful
>can't even into healthcare
kek

this

Attached: 1521538154796.png (392x457, 38K)

kek'd

> yyyy-mm-dd correct

Yep. Thats why mm-dd-yyyy is less retarded than dd-mm-yyyy.

It takes the best way and moves the least important part to the end since most people dont care about the year.

Also the pyramid in op pic is designed wrong.
There are 12 months, 28-31 days, and way larger amount of years. So mm-dd-yyyy has them in increading order.

Nah, it's like with - you get a feeling for what is what and then add a little depth to it.
1.30 - kids
1.40 - kids >12yrs
1.50 - teenagers and small people
1.60 - petite women/manlets
1.70 - normal
1.80 - slightly above normal
1.90 - tall people
2.00 - extra tall people
2.10 - holy fuck

>my country has the most bombs (which I'll never be allowed to control in any way) so it's the best one, no matter how badly it handles routine citizen lives

>dd-mm-yyyy
That's still retarded because dd-MM-yyyy HH:mm:ss is retarded.

>Also the pyramid in op pic is designed wrong.
>There are 12 months, 28-31 days, and way larger amount of years. So mm-dd-yyyy has them in increading order.
yyyy-MM-dd is in decreasing order because a year is longer than a month and a month is longer than a day, and not because the numbers are smaller.

>can't even into healthcare
>has the highest quality healthcare in the world

What exactly does any of that have to do with measurement systems?

>problems that can be solved by thinking in 0.5 increments
>imagining 6 human feet stacked on top of each other lengthwise is a valid way of getting a sense of how tall a person is

>because only 0.1% of the population can pay for it
>by the richs for the richs
noice!

(You)

Month day year is superior
Year month day is better than both

Not my problem.

Good goy

>the Jewnited states calling others Jewish

Attached: 20170104_184518.jpg (500x367, 108K)

>ISO
>Correct way
Yea, just like their way of making tea is "correct way"

Your argument as to why pounds and Fahrenheit are better can be used to show why feet are inferior.
>2.0m - really tall
>1.9m - tall
>1.8m - average
>1.7m - manlet
>1.6m - turbo manlet
>1.5m - micro manlet
>1.4m - midget
>1.3m - dwarf

>7' - giant
>6' - average
>5' - midget
>4' - dwarf

Haha yes

Attached: goyim.jpg (1024x576, 62K)

I kinda agree with year-month-day (makes sense for adding hour-minute-second), but day-month-year also makes sense. Especially since it makes the most lingual sense, for example "the date is the 24th of the 3rd, 2018." Also the date is more important than the month which is more important than the year, since the date changes the most and the year changes the least.

>The weather normally doesn't vary much from around -5 to +40 degrees celsius

Attached: tsumaranai.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Why is OP such a faggot?

Attached: where's_your_flag_bongs.jpg (550x424, 64K)

There are two kinds of countries, those that use the metric system, and those that have lost a war to a bunch of rice farmers

Do Americans actually believe they were first on the moon? I really have no idea anymore

you mean
>6' average
>5'9 manlet
Right?

First man on the moon, yes, definitely, this is an undisputed fact. If ayys where there, they would have left some evidence.

Attached: 1521198081929.jpg (600x607, 79K)

>four candles mean nothing

Attached: Advent_Sunday_in_Vaxholm's_church_2008.jpg (974x974, 283K)

>He doesn't know about Nazi base on the dark side of the moon
point at him and laugh!!!

>Implying the imperial system is anymore convoluted than the combination base 10/60/12/24/7/30ish/365 everyone uses to track time
>Realizing it makes sense to base measurements off the real world with more common divisors for more precise measures and mental math for day to day use

Kek

+5 goyboy points to you. Keep up the good work.

Americans don't even measure properly with imperial units. They never use stone when measuring weight, they only use pound.

I will never understand why irrelevant second world europoors are so obsessed with us. We don’t think about you at all.

That's obvious to anyone who has heard an American speak about other countries. No one is as poorly informed as you.

>most powerful
winning eating competitions doesn't count as power

Nice measurement system retard.

Attached: imperial_vs_metric2.png (720x681, 69K)

YMD makes more sense for computers because if you sort stuff alphabetically it will be much easier to have everything correctly sorted.
DMY makes more sense in a linguistic way because it slowly puts you more and more into context, going from a smaller to a larger timeframe.

>the mental gymnastics people are capable off to try to push their bias

Attached: who.jpg (600x600, 230K)

> "hurr durr we measure distance with our feet"

>temperature Fahrenheit

0 F = FUCKING COLD

30 F = COLD

50 F = COOL

70 F = WARM

100 F = FUCKING HOT

>Meanwhile on Celsius planet
0 C = water freezes/cold
30 C = hot?
50 C = extreme hot?
70 C = mega hot?
100 C = water boils/ultra hot?

Attached: 1461447274849.png (928x878, 232K)

>most kike worshipping countries is saying this

Attached: 1451549687300.jpg (644x1078, 174K)

US scientists use the metric system.

This.

\thread

Attached: 2651987-3137700554-640px.png (640x935, 50K)

They use both, and that leads to all kinds of interesting situations.
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/qkvzb5/the-time-nasa-lost-a-mars-orbiter-because-of-a-metric-system-mixup

>metric system
>consistent

kilogram, that's I'll I'm going to say.

not saying the ye olde imperial measurements are good either, but honestly they are all arbitrary.

a kilogram is definited by a mass equal to the mass of 1 dm3 of water under atmospheric pressure and at the temperature of its maximum density, which is approximately 4 °C

we literally have the definition of it, how is that not consistent?

I've got your shaftment right here bby

kilogram is the only metric unit defined with a prefix. the kilo

the kilogram's weight is not defined as such. it's based on the weights of La Grande K and it's sisters. however because of mismanagement, it's hard to track how the kilogram has changed in relation to all the La Grande K's floating about.

doesn't matter anyhow as the imperial pound is defined by the "weight" of the kilogram.

from wikipedia

However, any changes in the IPK's mass over time can be deduced by comparing its mass to that of its official copies stored throughout the world, a rarely undertaken process called "periodic verification".
Note that none of the replicas has a mass precisely equal to that of the IPK; their masses are calibrated and documented as offset values. For instance, K20, the US's primary standard, originally had an official mass of 1 kg − 39 μg (micrograms) in 1889; that is to say, K20 was 39 μg less than the IPK.

>Americans

Attached: 1511293295533.jpg (603x1200, 734K)

A more difficult system to learn makes you retarded? Most educated Americans know both systems well.

wew lad, a lotta triggered replies

so what's your point?

the verification process leaves doubt on the stability of the sisters and the information is lacking.

>There are 12 months, 28-31 days, and way larger amount of years. So mm-dd-yyyy has them in increading order.

they're ordered systematically, not based on quantity. that's what the pyramid illustrates. years are made up of months which are made up of days. do you tell the time by reading the minutes first? 59:12pm sure that looks logical.

americans are truly the masters of mental gymnastics.

Using Celsius for outdoor temperatures is kinda silly, I don't know why everyone else doesn't use Fahrenheit. C tells you a lot less about how it feels outside especially on the lower range of the scale.

Depends on where you live. If you have an actual winter, then the Celsius is better.

under 10C you shoudl wear a coat
under 0C your car will probably have frost and water will probably freeze
20C is the ideal temperature
36C is body temperature
above 40C is too hot for comfort
50ºC is like Sahara hot

you only think Celsius is confusing because you never used celsius, its qutie simple really, and most of the time the temperature is between -10 and 40 if we talk about weather.

30C - Too fucking hot
20C - Room temperature
10C - Kinda comfy
-0C - Water freezes
-10C Kinda comfy also
-20C Cold
-30C Too fucking cold, vodka freezes

Attached: 1516155165721.jpg (928x891, 169K)

Your ideal temperature is 68F, body temperature is around 98F degrees. But still even all temps from 45F - 60F are acceptable, below 45 it's kinda chilly and it's pretty cold between 40F - 33F. 32F and below is when you don't even really want to go out. 0F and below is dangerous. F is more descriptive on the low range.

i wish F and C were linearly comparable so i had a clue what you were talking about when you mentioned an specific temperature in Farenheit

>kilofoot

Reminder of how important the United States is when the European caliphate can't stop thinking about us.

Also a reminder that we don't devote much time to thinking about you Mohammed.

>caliphate
Yeah, whatever you say José.

>those that use the metric system, and those that have lost a war to a bunch of rice farmers
But the French and British have done both
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France–Vietnam_relations

>my based chemE prof actually told us to use kilopounds, kiloinches, kiloslugs, etc.
Reminder that SI prefixes are just powers of ten, not actual units. You can use kiloatoms, kiloapples, kilofaggots (1000 faggots), so get creative!

Only barely any americans could tell you the boiling point of water in F but nearly every one knows it's 100 C
A complicated system doesn't make it's users intelligent if they don't understand it

Kilokill yourself

>>Sup Forums

yyyy-mm-dd it's correct and better for past dates, but dd-mm-yyyy (or dd-mm-yy or simply dd-mm) it's better for today's date since you already know year and month.

Sure can kilodo.

>t. Jew

I've never seen a kilodildo until now

Huge need to feel different.

Because of their pride and hubris spawned by the currency that has no value provided to them by an elite group of people who decided to play armchair God while lacking any virtues what-so-ever. Take out the money from America and what their people become worse than the current worst 3rd world country. I work at a pretty big company and I can tell you know that even the corporate big-wigs, for all their "education" and "success" seem to bring the company they leech from down with their ideas and "protocols". They care more about following protocol and money than the actual job. Meanwhile, everyone that's at an entry level position breaks all the corporate rules and federal regulations because the shit wouldn't get done if everyone was following the burdens they cast upon everyone without a single consideration of the consequences. Sometimes they do consider a consequence and still choose their paths like a bull, full of pride and hubris because of their position they were given. The dragon eats all and they know it not.

>30C Too fucking cold, vodka freezes
Wrong

Enjoy your rape gangs...at least we can bitch about the Hispanics without being thrown in jail for our mean tweets. Hell if Jose gets out of line we can even defend ourselves...what a concept

Meanwhile you Brits can't even complain when muzzies are literally in the process of gang banging your daughters...you go to jail and Mohammed is given a pass. Your countries are dytopian nightmares.

But back to the topic at hand (as if anyone cares and isn't just here for the trolling

Month day, year are irrelevant in thier order so who cares.

In my industry mm is the general measurement do to small parts and precision... however day to day usage feet and inches are more convenient (yes many Americans use BOTH as both have thier uses...not that many of you have an clue about that)

Celsius is completely obnoxious when it comes to the calculation of weather as it lack as much gradient

Long distance, meter and I'm are definitely the way to go through most of us are used to miles and MPH to measure distance and speed. Although all accelerometers in the US measure KPH also so we aren't unfamiliar with it.

Most of this thread is pointless bitching though since we're all vastly superior to our third world country parts anyway...just splitting hairs and shitposting.

Complications just complicate, no matter the intelligence. True smart people make things simple and easy. Greater yet, are smart people with compassion.

Ok, -40C is too fucking cold, but 40%ABV does freeze in -30C.

In defense of the month/day/year archetype, the US is organizing them by the maximum value that position can have in order of increasing size, not organizing them by the sheer size of the unit of time itself.
>12/31/infinite

This is a perfect system and in fact everyone else should switch to it. Fucking fight me.