Is this the most hilariously bullshit website on the internet for music?

Is this the most hilariously bullshit website on the internet for music?

People just rate for some persona and image but their actual music tastes aren't reflected at all, its all fake as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~detcgb
rateyourmusic.com/~EtInArcadiaEgo
rateyourmusic.com/~docperkins
rateyourmusic.com/~asshair
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bro have you heard this rare obscure 70s japanese funk metal jazz experimental latin record its better than any of your pleb radiohead garbage. i guess you could say im pretty cultured

What percentage of people on rym do you think do that? Maybe one percent? The rest of the site just uses it to catalog their listens.

lol, switch the figures m8

keep projecting family

rate my rate your music profile
rateyourmusic.com/~detcgb

Most RYM users with last.fms don't even match.

>highest rated are all general essentials shit

Why even bother?

?

Sup Forums sucks

RYM for image
Last.fm shows what people actually listen to

you should be more concerned with the music itself instead of how unique someone's ratings are, loser.

You should try listening to more music, drone.

It's a great site if you ignore the community

Post your profile you dumb special sonwflake

I never really understood the appeal of turning music I listen to into data. Not sure I've met anyone who uses the site in real life.

lol no come on
reminder that Poohkali is the most favourited user on the site

rateyourmusic.com/~EtInArcadiaEgo

add me

What you listen to the most isn't necessarily what you like the most

Poohkali is based

Hipsters can't into power metal

>having an RYM

The RYM community are idiots but if you don't have one it's because you don't have meaningful opinions.

THERE ARE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD "RIGHT NOW" WHO THINK ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO ENJOY CPT BEEFEART, FAUST AVANT GARDE JAZZ HELL EVEN EXPERIMENTAL ROCK THE LIST GOES ON

Yes, you objectively have garbage can taste if you're that dumb and like the guy said, barely 1% have fake ratings, everyone else really do enjoy listening to these artists.

Try listening to what you like instead of worrying about your image like mature music fans.

my condolences

>THERE ARE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD "RIGHT NOW" WHO THINK ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO ENJOY CPT BEEFEART, FAUST AVANT GARDE JAZZ HELL EVEN EXPERIMENTAL ROCK THE LIST GOES ON

No one here said or implied that or implied listening to those artists/genres were the problem.

Insecure much, tryhard?

>he thinks listening to Beefheard, jazz wankery and ''''experimental'''' rock makes him special

ahh bless

of course it is. good resource to see at least topically who the titans of a given genre are, customizable charts for diff yrs are great, which albums came out when for a given artist, mb find out about some collabs an artist had w other ones you didnt know about, etc. the self-tapping wankery of peoples profiles is laughable

m8, they aren't the fakers, they're just the mindless Sup Forums drones who got a RYM after downloading the general essentials

No shit

I'm saying your absolute favourites should be too special to revisit every fucking day. Obviously my 'most played' is going to be stuff that i can just throw on whenever

loooool

thats some fucked up logic

So you're actually mad some people rate radiohead albums and actually listen to coldplay? (any 2 other bands applies) Butthurt teens baka

No.

And whats wrong with that? For fucks sake at least they're trying. Yes, they can get annoying but its all normal.

>I'm straight, but I fuck men all the time as women are too special

You seem really mad when no one is even complaining about Sup Forums drones with no clue about music whatsoever, just there wasting RYM bandwidth.

how is it fucked up

you have to be 18 to post here user

>sonwflake

>Sup Forums
>kanye, radiohead, NMH, beach boys, the list goes on
>discusses pretty much only sutff that's been discussed to death
>RYM
>same exact shit, except there's contingents of people who discuss top 100 pop and massively obscure shit
They're both shit in their own way user.

even more embarassing

>i like pizza but i prefer eating salad because nutella is too special

were you ever dropped as a child

he's a dumb jerk his reviews are cringy af

It's the best site to discover new music (especially after last.fm recs getting fucked up).

If you enjoy your 10 albums on repeat, that's okay. But some people don't.

The problem is rating music. I never feel completely comfortable with any of my ratings which is why I have changed my rating system a million times, changed the standard, even nuked all my ratings a few times. Like right now I'm starting from scratch on a new system thats essentially based on if its worth listening to or not, instead of my subjective thoughts or its objective qualities. I'm also trying to review more, which is the most genuine expression of your thoughts on music. Reviews set apart the "poseur users" as you superficial people would say, from the people who can effectively appreciate or critique media.

you're a fucking retard

redpill me on this guy

rateyourmusic.com/~docperkins

rateyourmusic.com/~asshair

1. Kind of like classical music
2. Pretend to love it
3. Find obscure shitty classical records and rate them 5/5 for no good reason

RYM and the culture which it has brought to Sup Forums(and which, to be fair, Sup Forums has to a degree brought to RYM) is absolute fucking cancer.
RYM threads should be bannable.

>RYM culture
There is no RYM culture, it's just reddit and Sup Forums fused together with occasional superficial elitism.

That perfume advert is fire m8s

>giving a shit
it's all about the charts man. this website is far better than any other for actually finding new music

I can't even bring myself to rate music most of the time. I like most of what I listen to so most things end up having 3.5 or higher ratings and it just feels weird. And I get caught up in the relative ratings between different albums and such.

It's good sometimes for finding things through lists though.

>People just rate for some persona and image but their actual music tastes aren't reflected at all, its all fake as fuck.
I have absolutely no idea why people believe things like this. Yeah there are some turbo autists with like 40,000 rates that are probably not digesting the music enough to really have an opinion on it but most people genuinely don't care about what online strangers think enough to fake their ratings.
I don't see why this is such a hard thing for some people to grasp. I love Dopesmoker but I'm not trying to listen to a 64 minute song that often. And there's stuff I first listened to like four years ago that I'll have rated 5 stars and I don't listen to it nearly as much as something I have rated 3.5 that came out last month, but when I do listen to that 5 star album I remember every bit of why I think it's so special.
>The problem is rating music. I never feel completely comfortable with any of my ratings which is why I have changed my rating system a million times, changed the standard, even nuked all my ratings a few times.
Yeah, I'm guilty of updating ratings fairly often because occasionally I'll go back to something I gave a couple listens to and thought was okay and find out there's some stuff on it that I really do like, or I'll let something age a bit and find out that I don't care for it as much as I thought I did. Part of the fun of RYM for me though is that it's not some professional exercise. I've tried to write more substantive reviews for albums but then it becomes more of a chore than something I enjoy doing.

Don't add anyone
Don't genre vote
Don't contribute to the database (don't listen to the hermits on rym, you're not being payed for this shit)
Don't favorite lists
Don't make lists
Don't have an avatar
Don't even look at the forums

CONGRATS you can be the ideal silent rater and possibly enjoy rym!

Finally a sensible response