LastPass

Is lastpass botnet? I need a password manager that would let me sync passwords on many computers, so keepass is not enough for me.

Attached: lastpass.png (300x300, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dicewarepasswords.com/
portableapps.com/apps/utilities/keepass_portable
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it uses a cloud server to store passwords. dont use it.

What would you recommend then, user?

Different user but Keepass or KeepassX

With self hosted nextcloud or other self hosted sync server.

The rule of thumb is if you want sync without botnet, you need to self-host.
In case of passwords, you can get KeePass and sync the database files with any file synchronisation tool, but unless you trust Google, MS or whoever the fuck owns Dropbox, you'll need your own server.

This. You can, instead of rolling your own sync server, use syncthing to sync your database on all your devices. I do that since 2014 and it works amazing

Or you know, you could just memorize the passwords...
Or buy a safe and keep a master PW list in it.

Just buy your passwords like everybody else.
dicewarepasswords.com/

Attached: IMG_20180226_103905.jpg (419x398, 32K)

it doesn't matter because it's encrypted on the client using your master passphrase. it's really no different from syncing a keepass file. however lastpass is prorietary shit and their security record is terrible so don't use it.

One of those options means you have to compromise on password strength or uniqueness for the sake of being able to remember them, and the other is a) not viable and b) less secure than an encrypted password database.

Wut? For real?

I also moved from Keypass to Lastpass. Botnet is lame meme, Lastpass has decent features and capabilities that virgin Keypass does not.
Lastpass does responsible disclosures and has a system that seems resilient even to penetration (giving enough time to change your passwords if need be). No system is perfect.

Is you are paranoid download the XML data to an encrypted archive just in case you are afraid of a server loss.

Use portable Keepass
portableapps.com/apps/utilities/keepass_portable

Then you can run it from a USB flash drive or easily copy it manually to multiple (windows-based) computers.

Buying passwords over http

LastPass was once breached years ago. That's when I stopped using it and used KeePass instead. I sync my files online, kept the keys to myself and the secret password to unlock inside my head.

I use keepass and sync my db with google drive for all my comps and phone.
I don't however sync my keyfile which may or may not exist, but botnet will probably find a way to that too.

Self hosted Bitwarden

>Breach
>In an alert posted to its blog, LastPass said the company has found no evidence that its encrypted user vault data was taken, nor that LastPass user accounts were accessed.
Why are you fags like this.

It's popular, so yes. All passwords managers are botnets. Even self hosted ones, even if they're not permitted to connect online, they're botnet. (((They))) know all your passwords, user. I recommend you disconnect from the internet all together and never come back. You're so important to (((them))) that they spend so much time / money / energy on figuring out what you do online. Go ahead and kill yourself to stay clear of (((them))). Best of luck,

You receive the password in an envelope.
Yes. It's only $2.

Attached: 1518398792667.png (419x398, 191K)

2nding bitwarden. I'm actually too lazy to self-host it, but it's still safer than lastpass.

Either this or an sftp server

Attached: 1362039559568.png 1 free google search coupon.png (485x305, 74K)

Just use keepass + some remote drive with automatic syncing. The drive only ever gets your encrypted password file, it never has access to the actual contents, you're still decrypting it in local memory.

Of course you can sync keepass files...?

It takes literal seconds to copy your password databases from one computer to another. You could automate the whole process as well. There is no reason to use proprietary password management software, other than willful ignorance.

>willful ignorance
of what? I can see the benefits of self storage but Lastpass features are dope compared to Keypass extensions and programs.

Use pass + git.

>KEEP ASS

Attached: 1503932615834.jpg (960x760, 68K)

Just use keepassx, same version across computers, carry the encrypted database (and a key file) on a flash drive

Use Bitwarden you fucking nigga

>THIS IS ME AT HOME ROLLING DICE AND MAKING PASSWORDS.

jesus fuck why

Attached: Mira+diceware.png (750x500, 548K)

>not using keepass loaded on an encrypted USB
it's like you want to be retarded or something

>KeepassX

KeepassX is deprecated. Development is dead.

Use KeepassXC instead. Active development, they even did a secure browser extension to work with it.