"Bill, it's Zuck here. We're having trouble tracking Stallman. He doesn't use Windows. He's running Linux...

>"Bill, it's Zuck here. We're having trouble tracking Stallman. He doesn't use Windows. He's running Linux. He doesn't even have Facebook! None of our datamining methods are working."

>"Tell me Mark, what hardware is he using?"

>"It's-it's a ThinkPad sir."

>"Then it's simple Mark. We do what we always do. Activate the hardware backdoor."

>*click*

Attached: Bill.jpg (140x140, 4K)

>implying rms uses a nu-pad like the x220/t420

Attached: 1515642746265s.jpg (250x241, 7K)

Bill's such an idiot. Why didn't he just call the NSA?

>Sorry, hold on, let me call Steve, maybe he can help

>Steve, yo man sup, need your help
>Steve?
>Steve, Bill to Steve, come in

Attached: apple-event-sign-2.jpg (1200x675, 297K)

Steve's battery died dude he's not gonna answer

Attached: 1521383438850.jpg (480x360, 18K)

what is libreboot?

FUCK, guess I'll go to backup.
>Yo bongo phone?

Attached: whoo.jpg (238x179, 7K)

Sorry guys but I cannot let you do that.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 54K)

>"Who is this? How did you get my number? Did Steve tell you? Hello?"

Attached: 20170228202010-GettyImages-1510990.jpg (700x350, 34K)

>I... I can't! It"s Librebooted™!
>Fuck!

Hello, is this dog?

Attached: 1521591430315.jpg (251x247, 12K)

>"Hi Bill, we need a quick rundown on this guy."
>"Please do the needful"
>"Best"

Attached: 1461845372688[1].jpg (630x403, 59K)

FUCK HOW'D YOU FIND ME

Attached: BONGO.jpg (640x480, 27K)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1410134364106.jpg (1008x566, 48K)

>"Bill, it's Agent Z here. Richard took the bait. He's posted in the thread. We're tracing his IP and triangulating his position as we speak."

Attached: main-qimg-3c8c8c5e5f0815091530104d77814fe7-c.jpg (400x322, 38K)

Now those are some images I have not seen in a while

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux operating system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

Can't beat the classics.

No, Richard, it's 'Linux', not 'GNU/Linux'. The most important contributions that the FSF made to Linux were the creation of the GPL and the GCC compiler. Those are fine and inspired products. GCC is a monumental achievement and has earned you, RMS, and the Free Software Foundation countless kudos and much appreciation.

Following are some reasons for you to mull over, including some already answered in your FAQ.

One guy, Linus Torvalds, used GCC to make his operating system (yes, Linux is an OS -- more on this later). He named it 'Linux' with a little help from his friends. Why doesn't he call it GNU/Linux? Because he wrote it, with more help from his friends, not you. You named your stuff, I named my stuff -- including the software I wrote using GCC -- and Linus named his stuff. The proper name is Linux because Linus Torvalds says so. Linus has spoken. Accept his authority. To do otherwise is to become a nag. You don't want to be known as a nag, do you?

(An operating system) != (a distribution). Linux is an operating system. By definition, an operating system is that software which provides and limits access to hardware resources on a computer. That definition applies whereever you see Linux in use. However, Linux is usually distributed with a collection of utilities and applications to make it easily configurable as a desktop system, a server, a development box, or a graphics workstation, or whatever the user needs. In such a configuration, we have a Linux (based) distribution. Therein lies your strongest argument for the unwieldy title 'GNU/Linux' (when said bundled software is largely from the FSF). Go bug the distribution makers on that one. Take your beef to Red Hat, Mandrake, and Slackware. At least there you have an argument. Linux alone is an operating system that can be used in various applications without any GNU software whatsoever. Embedded applications come to mind as an obvious example.

Attached: 06.jpg (1182x788, 185K)

Hey, there! In some quarters, it’s politically correct to call the Linux operating system the
“GNU/Linux operating system.” The problem with “Linux” is that there is no
completely correct way to name it because it was written by many different people
in a vast, distributed development effort. Technically speaking, Linux is the name
of the operating system’s kernel, nothing more. The kernel is very important, of
course, since it makes the operating system go, but it’s not enough to form a
complete operating system.

While the GNU Project predates the Linux kernel and the project’s contributions are extremely
deserving of recognition, placing them in the name is unfair to everyone else
who made significant contributions. Besides, I think “Linux/GNU” would be
more technically accurate since the kernel boots first and everything else runs
on top of it.

In popular usage, “Linux” refers to the kernel and all the other free and
open source software found in the typical Linux distribution—that is, the
entire Linux ecosystem, not just the GNU components. The operating system
marketplace seems to prefer one-word names such as DOS, Windows, Solaris,
Irix, AIX. I have chosen to use the popular format. If, however, you prefer to
use “GNU/Linux” instead, please perform a mental search and replace while
reading my replies. I won’t mind.

how about we just call it gnurlix

You're the one that was supposed to find me!

Attached: 146282455.jpg (499x366, 30K)

only in the deluded paranoid psychotic minds of Sup Forumsnutards does anyone, anywhere consider this washed up communist neckbeard relevant to anything or anyone in the real world.

Attached: Stallman.jpg (400x266, 20K)

How could I find you when I don't even know you?
Who is this?
SHOW YOURSELF!

Attached: BONGO 5eUkob_laa7gSVzjmZYQ.jpg (500x333, 95K)

He is though. He's accomplished more than you, your kids(if you ever manage to get laid), their kids, etc. ever will. Failure.

End the call

Now

Attached: 1249585406111.jpg (450x796, 98K)

This is patrick

Attached: hello.jpg (391x315, 38K)

>implying the most popular server OS isn't also backdoored.

Meanwhile, a light grey pigeon flies upon the heads of the IT Moguls ITT. Pigeon is bigger than normal pigeons, becuase he has a columba as grandma... BTW pigeon has been released from a CCC Meeting in Brunau am Inn, with a little piece of paper stretched on his pigeon'd left foot. The piece of paper, untraceable from any TLA Agency --- (((USA)))- based or otherwise --- contains ??? so ############# REDACTED ######################## REDACTED ######################## REDACTED ######################## REDACTED ######################## REDACTED ######################## REDACTED ######################## REDACTED ######################## REDACTED ##################################

Lady that doesn't make any sense..

Attached: woah.jpg (480x360, 10K)

>being this triggered
It just so happens I myself also have 37 Honorary doctorates from shithole communist indoctrination centres.

What is Libreboot?

BRING ON THE AIR SUPPORT WE FOUND THE BASE.
THEY ARE IN THE WHITEHOUSE

Attached: BONGO ESOoYo2HoL6LoSty6uO5.jpg (600x450, 34K)

>"Dass right Mista Ma. Install dah botnet software on all electronic export. Theese Western devil love Xiaomi and Huawei. They think they get good deal. Chinese government get better deal haha. Spying device in every household and office. Very good Mista Ma haha goodbye."

Attached: The+phone+call+that+saved+china_a94514_6277522.jpg (600x400, 39K)

>/>Launch detected
>/>Initiating countermeasures

Attached: activate.gif (248x193, 699K)

Open Source Footwear

How is that going to bypass the hardware backdoors in the processor itself?

This is big brother, i'm on the case

Attached: mrpresident.jpg (500x372, 32K)

BECAUSE REASONS
IT'S A SCIENCE

Attached: BONGO xKxpc14A_rbW5GHLNHya.jpg (595x398, 34K)