Facebook's Cambridge Analytica data scandal what is this autistic screeching?

So I never did have a facebook account and I will never have one.

And this mysterious "Facebook's Cambridge Analytica data " is something I pick up on.
So what is it all about?

Everything you do on facebook is data-mined what did they do wrong?
See this
youtube.com/watch?v=VDR8qGmyEQg
>nu-male
>nu-male
>muh Trump
>datamining
>muh Trump
>muh 2016 election
>muh Trump
>muh Trump
>nu-male
>nu-male
>muh elections
>muh elections
>muh Trump
>muh Trump

I bet the app did have a TOS with something like
>I agree that all my data can be send and used by everyone
So what did they do wrong?

Attached: 8cdfLOs.jpg (468x286, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/150224025/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Normies just found out what Facebook does. The information is in the TOS and Privacy Policy. It has been known for years - since the beginning of Facebook - what it does.

I feel Zucc exposed himself on purpose, it's a psyop. He's been trying to "fix" Facebook for awhile, it's a dying platform, and will end like Myspace in another 2-3 years.

He's herding the sheep onto his other platforms, like Instagram.

There was some screeching about some facebook app.
>Something something
>App
>data
>Facebook
>muh Trump
>datamining
>muh Trump
>muh 2016 election
>muh Trump
>muh Trump
>nu-male
>nu-male
>muh elections
>muh elections
>muh Trump
>muh Trump

Can someone explain what is going on?

Will someone ever explain this scandal shit?
Everyone who tries to explain this is some retarded nu-male who can not shut the fuck about Trump.

Attached: facebook.jpg (1280x720, 34K)

It is all about Trump.

And "scandal" is Facebook doesn't pick sides in elections, they take money from both candidates.
Somehow normies expected Facebook to work for Hillary.

>these people are legally allowed to vote

>tell normalfags for years they're being spied on
>"lol if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear"
>throw a fit when they realize the company they willingly give their data to has their data

Interestingly, there was a conspiracy that Facebook was actually created in Cambridge in 1994, from late 2017.

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/150224025/

Kinda sad that you can only get normalfags to care about privacy when you get Drumpf involved. Shame, honestly.

yeah but on the bright side, now i get to send them smug peep the toad images in my group chat about it

They still don't care about privacy.

When they say they quit Facebook they mean they move to a different platform where they continue to dump all their private information.

Yeah, that's what I mean. They only temporarily cared about it. Once the media frenzy ends they don't do anything.

Apparently some facebook app was mining user data without facebooks consent (lol) so facebook and some other interest groups got mad and everyone started jewing each other and in the process mainstream media finally gave normalfags the hint that facebook is actually spying on them and now the nigger cattle is in shock.

Would be nice if some other user would fill in the details.

It's framed like they were selling blackmail of the political opposition for profit.

pink haired faggot is mad that trump won

The cultleft is burning everything to the ground in an attempt to stop trump, and its the time of facebook to go.

>mining user data without facebooks consent (lol)

This is the questionable part.

If it wasn't allowed then Facebook should not (and probably would not) give them access in the first place.
It's like giving a kid the key to the candy cabinet and when he eats all the candy claim "not my fault, he was only allowed to take one candy".

Either:
A) Facebook was OK with Cambridge Analytica collection all the data.
Or:
B) Facebook is completely incompetent in protecting the personal data of its users.
Or, the ridiculous option:
C) We live in some fairy tale wonderland where random app builders should be trusted to play nice and only take the personal data they need and nothing else, Facebook is just a victim of meanies.

I am fairly convinced A is true.

>So what is it all about?
conservatives started using data in the 2016 elections like the democrats had done in the 2008 and 2012 election. its not fair for republicans to do that because they are stinky butt racists.

end game is ultimately more behind the scenes control of social media platforms. call me the tin foil hatter but my guess is they will probably skew information to help liberals in any manipulation

>Everything you do on facebook is data-mined what did they do wrong?
Cambridge Analytica proved that Facebook uses the data they gather for psychological manipulation beyond simple ads.

It is a pretty big fucking deal considering it proves something we always suspected.

>I bet the app did have a TOS with something like
>>I agree that all my data can be send and used by everyone
>So what did they do wrong?
That's against Facebook's ToS.

Basically, Facebook apps can use the data Facebook collected from you for their apps, which includes your contacts and their data.

Person made app to harvest this data from a few hundred thousand people, getting about 50 million accounts of data.

He then passed this data to a third party, which is against Facebook's ToS.
Whether the app's ToS said they would do this is irrelevant.

>archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/150224025/
>Sup Forums
Not even worth reading, desu.

Are you talking about my post, or the normies? Lol. I admit, I don't actually believe it's a psyop. But if it were, it'd be genius. Remember when everyone started leaving myspace and going to Facebook? It felt new and cool. I imagine the people *leaving* facebook and going to instagram are feeling like that. Getting used to the super *new* cool platform.

It's a win/win for Zucc. Facebook's death is inevitable.

this

>normies
You mean pussy menstruating nu-males.

>And "scandal" is Facebook doesn't pick sides in elections, they take money from both candidates.
nu-males are to retarded to understand that if the TOS says
"sell data to everyone"
It also includes Trump, because he is someone who exists.
Everyone by definition includes Trump.

Attached: numalecollage.jpg (1920x1080, 473K)

>it's a psyop.
I only see this shit in old big left media like CNN
>muh look the stock market price drooped because of this
Od internet left media like hufpost.
>muh Trump

I think they are trying to create a self fulfilling prophecy where they simply talk how bad this is and how people are leaving so lots of idiots will do it thinking everyone is doing it and oh look now real people are leaving so the vicious spiral starts.

>Apparently some facebook app was mining user data without facebooks consent (lol) so facebook and
I want this explained.
I'm more interested how and what they did actually and how this violated some facebook rule.

You see I was involved in writing some shity facebook app some time ago and from what I remember

1)Facebook's authentication for apps(so they can access your data) is retarded and stupid beyond help = fucked in the ass.

2)once you give a OK to a app it can peaty much do anything it wants with your data or contacts because the thing is written in JS I think you can simply have a function for the local users PC to simply send all this data it pulled(you operate on the data locally using JS BTW) to your server and facebook will know nothing about this. .

This is something that might rub facebook the wrong way however how hard is it to hide a function like this or even have some auto update or plugin system where after some time the app pulls this function from your own server(to execute this finctionality)?

Is this about this?
Because this is something facebook would lose its shit over (they want to sell the data and not have others harvest it for free).

I have no idea because we where spending more time on how ass backwards and fucked up the token authentication system was.

Attached: facebook1.jpg (1600x1209, 76K)

>pink haired faggot is mad that trump won
This is how it looks to me.

What this has to do with facebook or a facebook app is never explained.

>One mega corporation (facebook) is mad that another corporation violated facebook's TOS
Is this whats its all about?
And why should I care?
How is it bad for the users who got their data harvested? A different corporation is selling their data I fail to see a problem.

Lol this is exactly me right now

>Implying Facebook and literally everyone else werent actively shilling their dicks off for Hillary.
Most of us are able to process and retain basic information from circa 2 years ago. Stop trying to rewrite history you fuckin shill faggot.

tl;dr, what kind of data did they collect?

Here in the UK they're going on about how it is also the reason the Brexit referendum went the way it did. Basically the establishment, which used all their available weapons, is mad their opponents did the same but better.

facebook wants to sell the data itself thats the problem its all about money

ads ARE psych manipulation, read bernays
this only affects you if you are an idiot or a conformist.
that aside, the cambridge data was fucking useless and discarded for the rnc's own polling data
some kind of political-compass tier opinion survey used (by ted cruz) to create psych "profiles" to target specific ads to, and unspecified data from your friend list and feed?
facebook changed their tos AFTER the data was collected and the pink hair guy is throwing a shitfit that it wasnt deleted ex post facto.
drumpf falsely and maliciously lied to facebook that it was an academic cambrige survey and spied on 50 million facebook users and their friends without their consent and brainwashed them and divided the country and the company he used was connected to russia and ugly fat rich wh*te men (mercers) and collusion treason russia and fake news racism sexism kkk and groping pussy

the hilarious thing is hes giving the dems everything they ever wanted
thank you president shumer

found the libtard

And brexit.

The issue has nothing to do with trump. Normalfags have only just found out that Facebook collects data and monetizes it, and it can be used for purposes they disagree with.
Did Facebook do anything legally wrong? Probably not. They are primarily an ad/analytics company and this is in their tos. They don't do anything differently than other analytics companies like google.
From a moral point of view though, what they did is wrong. That being said, I would still place more of the blame on Facebook users. Every company's primary goal is to make money, and it is up to the consumers to decide if a certain company is worth supporting or not. In this case, it was known since the beginning that Facebook collects and sells user data, but normalfags didn't even stop to spend 2 seconds to think about, otherwise they would have come to this realization years ago like we did.

What if you change your mind afterwards? Shouldn't this be applied retroactively?

>See dumb quiz
> please login with Facebook
>ok.png
>Facebook is stealing muh data

I swear an internet connection should require a fucking licence

Were was you when the conservativates believe die very soon after president shumer megafucked trump lol

Too big to fail.

I can not stop laughing how crazy and conspiratorial the left is.
Oh not look this mysterious cabal of people got data from facebook and used it (somehow) to get Trump elected and create Brexit.

What a joke.
Everyone who even takes CNN and the left seriously is literally a insane nutjob.

Attached: Cambridge Analytica did this.png (533x725, 509K)

>See dumb quiz

i wanted this clarified however the nu-males can simply not shut the fuck up about Trump.

So some company made a quiz (political or something like this) and these idiots decided to fill it out on facebook or something so their political opinion was saved by the company and it was linked to their facebook accounts.

is this what happened?

What retards.
Don't they know if you fill crap like this the data becomes public?
And what do they whine about?
Its not like their political opinions are secret every retard can make a web bot to scrape facebook(NOT facebook APP) and get basically the same data they are constantly posting on their facebook accounts.

Also how retarded do you need to be to fill a political quiz on facebook ?
And think that this data will not be collected?

if you haven nothing to hide why fear it becoming public?
Fucken retards.

>I swear an internet connection should require a fucking licence
I agree make it a licence to operate any computational device.
99% of all problems(internet retards) disappear.

The idea that everyone needs to have a computer or be on he internet is insane.

>So what did they do wrong?
Helped drumpf and rooskie friends.

Even if you didn't already know that is happened you are just fucking ignorant. Obama did the same for both his elections.

okay i'll explain:

Facebook policy sugarcoats the selling of critical customer data to third party app developers and analytics firms, which is fine, that is how big data runs. but this nutty professor in one of the firms then sold it to an external agent, who may be tied to the trump admin, which is where things got out of hand. now they are questioning whether its right for apps to take your data in the first place.

in other words: Millenials being millenials

They made the Obama admin a special API on FB, even
Every day I stray farther from my democrat beliefs when I see this party is filled with hypocritical morons

Thank you for setting the record straight, imageboard poster! Five (5) Farmville 2™: Country Escape™ have been deposited in your account.

Facebook used (sold) the data you gave them in a way your authorized them to, people start autistic screeching.
In conclusion, all political parties worked with Facebook and Facebook did nothing wrong.

I sees all that facebookand they cambridg analitica freind have kill all trump and conservativ likers, future pres #shumer2020 all the ways is what is are now lolz

That's the beautifully ironic thing about it though, they delete their fb account and then create a hashtag on instagram or Twitter and they now think they are safe from the 'evil' data mining companies they willingly give their information too

> but this nutty professor in one of the firms then sold it to an external agent, who may be tied to the trump admi

Is that what this is all about? Mastodon is my social network of choice these days and they whine about Facebook and Twitter Big Brother (TM) tactics everyday so I didn't even know why this was a thing in the real world.

Cambridge Analytica were using data they weren't supposed to have access to anymore to profile people. In addition to that they were also profiling people weren't even a part of the original set of data and had no knowledge of it, they would use the original data to single people out then search through their friends and family and profile them as well. Then CA used that data to launch targeted advertisements to all of the affected people. Democrats would get advertisements intended to discourage them from voting and republicans would get provocative advertisements to encourage them to vote.