Doing a complete reinstall of windows and removing everything to start fresh tomorrow so i'm compiling a list of shit...

doing a complete reinstall of windows and removing everything to start fresh tomorrow so i'm compiling a list of shit to install that's necessary.

list so far:
winrar pro, daemon iso pro, vpn/antivirus, radeon drivers, word etc, lastpass, utorrent pro, malware bytes, icloud, razer mouse/surround-sound software, overclock software

also looking for anything that's going to make my life easier - e.g. i only just started using password managing software

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 19.20.05.png (703x597, 114K)

all bullshit software

... alright, what are your suggestions

shitty bait desu

>winrar pro
Why? 7z is objectively better.
>daemon iso pro
Why? Windows can mount *.iso's automatically.
>vpn/antivirus
Why? Windows Defender + Common Sense 2018 work perfectly.
>radeon drivers
'k.
>word etc
' k, but Google Docs is excellent nowadays.
>lastpass
You're trusting your passwords with a proprietary program? Not even joking with how dumb this is.
>utorrent pro
Again, why?
>malware bytes
It's a good program, but why have this + antivirus, since that was your plan?
>icloud
Why?
>razer mouse/surround-sound software
Why?
>overclock software
You mean a UEFI? Yes, you should have a UEFI.

Holy shit OP, besides your fucking GPU drivers, everything here is a retarded decision. Congrats.

i've just always used winrar, and get pro for free from work

i mount iso's a lot and have had issues with the native windows software and i like the interface of daemon. plus again, i get pro for free

the vpn subscription i have includes free antivirus

lastpass i've never used but i do have concerns about it, but if it's local and encrypted as it says it is i'm not stressed

i get utorrent pro for free with work (we share files p2p via torrents, don't ask me why because i know its stupid)

i've had malware antivirus' didn't deal with properly before once years ago so now i run with it

icloud because i have 4 apple devices, and getting pictures en masse from apple devices is a pain without icloud on windows

razer software because chroma keyboard/mouse

yeah i meant UEFI

Attached: pukenao3.jpg (750x501, 56K)

>winrar pro
Use 7zip.

>daemon iso pro
Use WinCDEmu

>vpn/antivirus
Unnecessary. Windows defender is enough if you have a brain.

>radeon drivers
>word etc
Reasonable.

>lastpass
Use KeePass2/X

>utorrent pro
Use Qbittorrent

>malware bytes
Reasonable if you use it for occasional scans. Real time protection would be overkill with windows defender.

>icloud
Use dropbox or better yet nothing at all.

>razer mouse/surround-sound software
>overclock software
If you must.

>i've just always used winrar, and get pro for free from work
Nigga it's a fucking compression program, what do you need pro for? What can it do that can't be done better by 7z?
>the vpn subscription i have includes free antivirus
Don't use anti-virus provided by a VPN. AVG and Avast are decent based on my experience.
>but if it's local and encrypted as it says it is i'm not stressed
It's a proprietary program, so "if it's as it says" is a big if. Especially considering it controls all your passwords. If you use firefox, check out firefox sync, it can encrypt your passwords and sync them between devices. And I think Keepass does the same as lastpass, but it's FOSS.
>i get utorrent pro for free with work (we share files p2p via torrents, don't ask me why because i know its stupid)
Nothing wrong with p2p for files, especially big ones, plus they stop being centralized. But again why use a proprietary program for sensitive material? I'm not trying to be a freetard, I get using Microsoft Office for example because it's really better than the alternatives, but Deluge works fine on Windows and it's FOSS.
>i've had malware antivirus' didn't deal with properly before once years ago so now i run with it
Ok, not sure what you mean here. You've used an anti-virus before but it didn't remove a malware? Things get updated, especially anti-virus. But yeah malwarebytes works
>icloud because i have 4 apple devices, and getting pictures en masse from apple devices is a pain without icloud on windows
Ok. But if it's really to use as cloud storage there are better alternatives you can host somewhere else with client-side encryption (although it requires some setting up).
>razer software because chroma keyboard/mouse
You gay af boy.

Some more I'd recommend: HWinfo if you need to monitor system resources and values like the maximum RAM usage or temperatures. CCleaner since you seem really into keeping your system clean.

>i get utorrent pro for free with work (we share files p2p via torrents, don't ask me why because i know its stupid)
This is not a good reason to use literal malware when you can use any other torrent client for the job.

>since you seem really into keeping your system clean.
Where the fuck did you get that idea from? He uses crapware out the ass and apple products, lmao.

Yeah I forgot to mention this: utorrent was malware a while back. They had ads which mined bitcoins on your computer. The company quickly rushed an apology, but there's no reason to assume this won't happen again. It's one of those things you don't even have to worry about when using free software.

Idk dude wants a VPN, anti-virus and malwarebytes, he clearly has some security concerns. Even if the solutions aren't the best.

>> recommends CCleaner
Did you really just said that?

shithead installs shit software
neck yourself

Dafuq is wrong with ccleaner?

Ever heard of BleachBit?

I had not. Downloading now.

Parent company (piriform) bought out by Avast.

You'd be surprised about winrar. It can open twrp backups on PC. 7zip can't. I still use 7zip, but on rare occasions I fire up portable winrar

>CTRL + F
>no total commander

????

>2018
>UI still stuck in 1995
Gee, I wonder why.