This is objectively better than Deathconsciousness. Prove me wrong

This is objectively better than Deathconsciousness. Prove me wrong

it's trash. why did they go in a shitty sludge metal direction instead of exploring post punk and shoegaze more?

it's trying too hard to be depressing like deathcon, rather than embracing a different direction of sound. I don't really blame Dan though, it's hard to follow up something with a cult following like that album.

I agree. DC absolutely did not need to be a double album and though I don't think anything on TUW tops Bloodhail or Earthmover, overall it's more consistent.

u r rong

>Prove me wrong
music is subjective.
there.

"no"

I like this way mroe than deathcon

They're both bad and the guy behind Have a Nice Life has never made anything worth listening to.

>it's trying too hard to be depressing like deathcon, rather than embracing a different direction of sound.

He literally said he wasnt that into HANL anymore and felt pressure to follow deathcon up and he basically faked the HANL sound sorta

His heart is in Giles Corey and Black Wing now

I love TUW though. If its not broke dont fix it

nigga everything's objective on Sup Forums

>sludge metal

The Unnatural World is the very definition of industrial/postpunk music.

Where the fuck are you coming from with sludge metal?

can someone seriously explain why deathcon is supposed to be worth talking about, at all? fucking yawn

i agree. too much filler and ambient nonsense on deathconsciousness

Tuw is good but definetly not as good and deep as dc

Also reading most of the comments i've understood this board is beyond redemption

What's the basis for this album being objectively better than anything?

It was okay but half the songs on the album can be found as better versions on Voids. Plus Emptiness Will Eat the Witch was such a limp-dick album closer compared to the awe-inspiring Earthmover.

Music will untune the sky tho

It's the best song on the album for sure.

the history and time and backstory of how it was made adds to the appeal
Was also made by someone who actually tried to kill themself/had depression so it's "authentic"

also people just like the music

I liked Emptiness Will Eat the Witch

YOU ARE NO ONE

the slow build and the choir of voices layered on top of each other

I hated the tinny tremolo at the end of earthmover

Deathconsciousness is more stunning and arresting for me, it's suuuuch a blur I understand why people tire of the entire album but I personally see it as an epic masterpiece and Unnatural World is a great followup.