Hey user, I really like this song! What key is it in?

>Hey user, I really like this song! What key is it in?
>What? You can't even tell me that? I thought you were a musician...

>tonal music
it's 2016 why do you listen to this pleb shit

perfect pitch is a meme, relative pitch is all that matters

>tfw born with perfect pitch and exceptional auditory memory
I seriously can't imagine how you fucks live your lives without this

they say you can't develop perfect pitch but I honestly think I am. I'm slowly getting better at hearing the key and I remember music in its absolute pitch (always have).

Relative pitch matters a lot more than perfect pitch. You don't need to have perfect pitch to be a great musician although it certainly helps. Relative pitch is necessary to be a great musician imo but it can be learned whereas true perfect pitch can't.

i think you're mixing up the ability to tell if one pitch is higher or lower than the other with the ability to tell what note a pitch is, which is only useful for making music or if you're autistic

i can't imagine how you live your life when your only bragging rights are your auditory abilities. get some pussy, faggot

What about my incredibly successful musical career?

>an compose literal entire albums in my head
>have no way of creating them
>forget about them the next day
true suffereing

not as good as mine, seriously. keep basing your musical ability in song memorization or whatever the fuck you're doing with your diamond eardrums. i'll keep making 3 figures a year at 19 by making music, doing what i love

what kinds of albums?

why don't you have a way of creating them?

if you have perfect pitch, writing them down on a composition program should be trivial

Can someone explain pitch to me?
What is music like to people with perfect pitch?

user is confused or memeing

perfect pitch means you can tell by ear what note is played. so if you hear a note, you know offhand it's g, for example.

music isn't different to people with it, what's relevant for music is being able to perceive notes relative to each other

Well anybody can learn that, you have to be at least educated in basic music stuff to be able to tell what note/key it's actually in.

The struggle is real friend. Even if you do decide to hum or sing that line into a voice recorder, you still will have to jump the hurdle of putting it down on paper.

this, perfect pitch would be nice, but relative is enough for me and most other musicians.

Not having perfect pitch doesn't mean you're tone deaf.

Oh man 3 figures, living the high life

sure you will, bud

Is this like, a top-down view where the music is being sucked in through the mouth?

Hundreds a year. CAN YOU KEEP UP?

Sabastian?

If you have a musical instrument close to hand, you're right, but just identifying it by the note itself is really rare.

wikipedia:
>Researchers estimate the occurrence of AP to be 1 in 10,000 people.[5]
>Those with absolute pitch may train their relative pitch, but there are no reported cases of an adult obtaining absolute pitch ability through musical training; adults who possess relative pitch but do not already have absolute pitch can learn "pseudo-absolute pitch" and become able to identify notes in a way that superficially resembles absolute pitch.[8] Moreover, training pseudo-absolute pitch requires considerable motivation, time, and effort, and learning is not retained without constant practice and reinforcement.[9]

>tfw you suck at identifying notes in a key different from your main instrument

This is why I don't play my alto sax (2004-2012) or music in general.

Yeah, it's called having a part time job.

>3 figures
I made way more than that when I was 16 by babysitting

Lucky cunt

When you get high do you see sounds

not that guy but i see sounds when i'm not high as very well defined shapes, lines & waves in my head

basically just intense synesthesia

I have absolute pitch (the actual term) and the only difference is that I can recall what key music is in if I listened to it more than once. That's literally it.

that same feel. Evertime I take a shower I'm able to come up with a ton of shit in my head

I don't know what Synesthesia really is, I just know that songs and sounds are colours in my head. I know that my favourite songs tend to be deep blue or purple or yellow or intense oranges.
Which are not my favourite colours. I'unno, it makes it hard for me to review music because the foremost thought in my head for a lot of music is "that track is really red" and stuff like that.

>three figures

Wow, so you have a paper route you do during the summer?

same

Is perfect pitch dependent on tuning system ?