ITT: it's-time-to-hang-it-up-core

ITT: it's-time-to-hang-it-up-core

That was a good album though. Very good in fact.

should've hung it up after Mellon Collie desu

Luckily they did hang it up after this album.

unfortunately they had 5 more albums

cover albums in general are huge red flashing lights, but this is as uninspired as they come right down to the sleeve art

I saw them on that tour (Barkmarket opened). Weird show as it seemed like there was tension in the band. Black Francis and Joey huddled up a lot and talked while Kim mostly stood by herself and they seemed to just ignore her.

monomania is underrated but this is just underwhelming

no

they all hated each other in the end, didn't they? i read the oral history a while ago, everyone seemed miserable during bossanova/tlm, especially around the u2 opening slot

Except this album is far superior to Bossanova, which preceded it.

hehehe

no, there was still massive hype around this album. the one they put out this year would be way more appropriate

good pick

True

the fact that he bounced back with a vengeance seems like one of the great miracles of our time when listening to this

Never got why this album is such a black sheep. I think it's their second best behind Doolittle.

Yeah, I've read Black Francis hated Kim Deal at the end. Things blew up when her boyfriend, a writer for Spin, wrote an article detailing the infighting during the U2 tour.

it's always more painful when the band in question had such a killer streak beforehand

RIP boris 96-06, long live zombie boris

This was misguided and trend-hopping but I don't think she should give it up quite yet.

She should, however. Has anyone listened to any of her albums past Confessions on the Dance Floor (even that one)?

If anything this was one last hoorah, Painting With is the final straw.

Christgau gave that an A fwiw.

that album cover is hysterical

i'd argue that they reached that point about five albums ago m8

very solid choices

even the cover's trying to tell them something

this is legitimately good, PW was the flop

Overproduction aside, this is every bit as good as WTSMG.

yeah

this on the other hand...

ehhhhhhhh, I love oasis, but this is a 6/10 at best

Im the guy who posted be here now, but I prefer SOTSOG over it

>not Naked

AGREE

bitch got a pentagram on her face, lookin like a god damn street map of the washington mall

lol i just made a post making fun of travis as a joke band, are you perhaps suggesting that this band is worth listening to because if so oh my god

music to stretch your asshole out to, seriously what the fuck is wrong with you

All correct

hey man

Slipknot have always been a better, more experimental band masquerading as a pop group. Be Prepared for Hell proves this.

I like some of their newer stuff, including that album. I do wish the old Boris should come back though.

*after adore

not as bad as kill uncle